banned because of a agent fabrication on my account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default banned because of a agent fabrication on my account

UPDATE: BBB just accepted my complaint and is fully behind me to get this fixed!!
UPDATE 2: BBB sent the complaint to the wrong department and PayPal has of course passed me on again.
UPDATE 3: Just got a email from PayPal CEO asking me to hold tight and he would email me back before Sat.

This is all new to me so please don't be mean and rude. I'm not someone who wants a battle over really trivial things. I have one problem that shut me down on a legit pp account and it was because of a agent who made a mistake doing something and got my account banned and turned this mistake into my problem. Some one gave me a credit that belonged to a different pp user by mistake and would not let me give it back. I find out now after lifetime ban she erased all data on my account regarding this mistake and somehow locked the chat transcript. Paypal will not review it without a suvpeona and I understand why But in my case I can prove everything Iam being accused of is a lie with this single chat transcript.

I really just don't know what else to try to get a chance to show PayPal the truth and if this transcript would just be reviewed everything that has been done to me would be instantly reversed and I wouldn't have any problems I have not had any claims or issues ever and have always followed the rules. I am freaking boyscout with PayPal lol.

Any advice?

Here are some basics: durning a live shat a agent put money in my PayPal by mistake. Agent said she was working multiple chats and put my account number in for someone else's credit and she couldn't take it back. Now a couple of weeks later I have a purchase that came in that was bootleg blurays and had to deal with. A different very nice agent helped me out and gave me a credit so I could repurchase the blurays from a different seller without having to wait for the claim/dispute . The next day PayPal yanked that credit and put me negative all based on this first credit the first agent forced upon me. Well the transcript and everything else that proved she manipulated my account to cover her @$$ is now locked up and PayPal refuses to review it. They have since banned me and are now trying to increase my negative balance all because of this agent screwing me over.

I have spent 8 hours on the phone and countless hours researching how to deal with this. I have emailed every single address I can find and I have filed with the BBB and nothing is working. If I did something wrong then I have Jo problem being banned. This isn't my fault tho, a few lawyers offers to speak with me and I have three journalists that want to take my situation public and I don't really want that. I just want my name cleared and they can close the account. I won't do business with them after this. But I can't just let them do this to me and not fight to defend my reputation over a complete stupid situation.

Last edited by over9000; 04-18-2019 at 08:25 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: banned because of a agent fabrication on my account

I'm not exactly sure of the facts of your case, but you may want to escalate your issue to PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations. One of the best ways of doing that is via a BBB complaint.

Be sure you stick to the facts of your issue, and keep it short.

Sometimes PayPal's reps can really screw things up, as is probably what happened in your case.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Screenshot then private message the email, if anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I'm not exactly sure of the facts of your case, but you may want to escalate your issue to PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations. One of the best ways of doing that is via a BBB complaint.

Be sure you stick to the facts of your issue, and keep it short.

Sometimes PayPal's reps can really screw things up, as is probably what happened in your case.
I added a little more details, it really is a simple problem but PayPal has taken it to the extreme and it seems like they want me to either sue them (<--- bad for me ) or give them monkey for this that I do not owe and the only real proof is this transcript.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Screenshot then private message the email, if anything.
Do you mean the transcript I can't get? because I never got the email that they send with the copy. At first they blamed me for not hitting yes but I got a agent on the phone who proved I did hut yes and this transcript email was blocked by unknown sources.

Or do you mean the details of my problem? I edited my thread to say as much as I can without compromising the identity or stating specifics

Since then I have screen capped every single communication with them. I have some really nasty proof of agents purposely deceiving me and I have over 200 pics and emails all documented on my part. The level of extreme measures they have taken is humiliating on their part. I mean seriously, this is all because they won't review this transcript and have been rude and manipulating the facts to spin this fabricated story. It feels like they know how bad they screwed up but because I have the documentation I am now the enemy.

Bank account I fclosed to protect myself and eBay helped remove every trace of this PayPal account from my account. EBay even suspended me for the PayPal mistake but ten minutes after I sent them the documents I was apologized to and given a eBay voucher for the trouble.

Last edited by over9000; 04-17-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You mentioned showing Nick a copy of your emails with PP earlier. I was just pointing out that it would be better (if it's alright with him of course) for you to send him a private message showing sensitive details like that, than to post whatever you have publicly.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You mentioned showing Nick a copy of your emails with PP earlier. I was just pointing out that it would be better (if it's alright with him of course) for you to send him a private message showing sensitive details like that, than to post whatever you have publicly.
Thank you. I am going to leave this thread up until the BBB thing is finished. I am also going to update as things happen. You guys are cool and I have been reading a lot of the forums. Y'all seem to be a nice community.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

As frustrating as this whole process is, you need to work within the system and escalate in a professional manner. Focus on facts, and write a concise letter than explains the issue(s) you are having.

My experience is that PayPal's Executive Office will look into it and hopefully solve your issue. Even if they don't and you decide the only remaining option is to take legal remedies, at least you will have evidence that you tried to solve the problems in good faith.

I can't tell you the number of times I have been to court as the plaintiff and the judge will ask me to produce documents/proof that I tried to resolve the matter first. For many civil and small claims actions this step is an absolute requirement anyway.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:
As frustrating as this whole process is, you need to work within the system and escalate in a professional manner. Focus on facts, and write a concise letter than explains the issue(s) you are having.

My experience is that PayPal's Executive Office will look into it and hopefully solve your issue. Even if they don't and you decide the only remaining option is to take legal remedies, at least you will have evidence that you tried to solve the problems in good faith.

I can't tell you the number of times I have been to court as the plaintiff and the judge will ask me to produce documents/proof that I tried to resolve the matter first. For many civil and small claims actions this step is an absolute requirement anyway.
That is great help and thanks for the info about court. I learned after this first mistake to document everything. I really think it is funny watching the PP agents contradict each other or just get caught telling a lie and panic. It is not their fault most of the time. Just so happens this transcript is the one time I didn't take screen caps. I disappointed myself when I realized it.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Courts deal in facts. ALWAYS document everything, even if you don't think it's important. Who, what, when, where, why, and how.

You also have to weigh what your time and money is worth to you to pursue this matter. Simply being angry can consume you and not work to your advantage. You will have to put forth some effort.

Always remain calm, friendly, and professional at all times, especially when dealing with PayPal. Don't write them a nasty or threatening note, this will only make the situation worse.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:
Courts deal in facts. ALWAYS document everything, even if you don't think it's important. Who, what, when, where, why, and how.

You also have to weigh what your time and money is worth to you to pursue this matter. Simply being angry can consume you and not work to your advantage. You will have to put forth some effort.

Always remain calm, friendly, and professional at all times, especially when dealing with PayPal. Don't write them a nasty or threatening note, this will only make the situation worse.
This is one thing I haven't figured out yet. What type of attorney would even bother with this? Because it isn't about money. I don't even know what a acceptable resolution would be at this point. I just have this feeling in my gut that this is a fight I have to go through and see it to the end.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
This is one thing I haven't figured out yet. What type of attorney would even bother with this? Because it isn't about money. I don't even know what a acceptable resolution would be at this point. I just have this feeling in my gut that this is a fight I have to go through and see it to the end.
Answer these questions honestly:

1) How much is this case REALLY worth to YOU? If it's not about recovering money, what are your actual damages (if any) ?

2) Do you have more time to spend working on this issue? What is your time worth? Do you want to spend money on a lawyer?

3) Is this really about "principal" ? If so, what are you trying to accomplish exactly?

My advise is to pursue the BBB / exec escalations route as you are already doing and attempt to resolve it in that way. You already have already spent 8 hours on the phone and countless hours researching this already, so clearly you need to know where to cut your losses at some point.
yankee (04-18-2019)
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:

1) How much is this case REALLY worth to YOU? If it's not about recovering money, what are your actual damages (if any) ?

2) Do you have more time to spend working on this issue? What is your time worth? Do you want to spend money on a lawyer?

3) Is this really about "principal" ? If so, what are you trying to accomplish exactly?

My advise is to pursue the BBB / exec escalations route as you are already doing and attempt to resolve it in that way. You already have already spent 8 hours on the phone and countless hours researching this already, so clearly you need to know where to cut your losses at some point.
1.) Yes I am worried about what this will mean for my future and business plans I have been working on for five years. The damage is not money but the stigma and shame of having to say I can't use PayPal to accept payments or purchase.( I don't have any problems with how you guys do stealth accounts but that just isn't something I would wish to partake of)

2.) I don't leave the house except for Dr. and Mass. I have a medical issue that will probably give me much less time then normal to live. Time means very little to me right now.

3.) This is the hard one to be honest about but I will answer since you have been very nice to me. This is about not letting myself be hurt for something I didn't do and this is because of what I have had happen with my ex-wife and people I called friends. I truthfully have nothing in my life except my cat and my mother. Getting this PayPal and eBay store running was the biggest goal I have tried to make since my divorce. I guess I am trying to accomplish something I couldn't do in life and prove I am not a liar and didn't cause the problem. My marriage died because I lied once.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:

I am dealing with the acceptance that I may not have to chance to do something important in my life and I guess I really want to feel like I matter to somebody. I don't have friends or family. I feel like I'm not valued by anyone. I'm realizing that I am insignificant in the world and I don't like to feel that way. Maybe its pride or maybe its Catholic guilt . I just feel worthless and then this happens and it hits me again that I really feel I don't have any value to people and that makes me feel like ****.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

OP, I've been active on this forum for over two years and have been posts like yours before. Unfortunately eBay and PayPal can care less about the anguish and financial hardship that people face then they pull some stunt. They just care about protecting themselves and their bottom line.

In fact, PayPal is notorious for causing so many problems, there have been entire websites created just for the purpose of telling everyone just how much they suck. An example is Paypalsucks.com which is the most famous. Forums like this exist so members such as yourself can discuss these issues in an open dialog. I'm grateful to this community, and Aspkin for that.

Trust me, friend, you are not the only one having problems with PayPal. Your quality of life is more important then to cause yourself so much stress over some stupid companies actions. I've personally witnessed the worst in people when something like this takes over their lives and consumes them.

One of my close friends ended up in the hospital once because he was literally spending his entire day calling his elected officials over some policy he didn't like. He literally wrote 100's of letters, phone calls to Congress and every state and federal agency known just to prove a point. it drove him to the brink of insanity and he ended up with a heart attack. Some people would call that mental illness, or dismiss that as being crazy. It's not.

We live in a very unfair world. The good news is there are other options. PayPal is NOT the only game in town. As you already know, eBay is in the process of transitioning to Adyen Managed Payments, and that's potentially a good thing.

Keep in mind that life is precious, and I'm sure many people love you, not just your Cat & Mom. Try to keep yourself together. People here can be of help. Best wishes to you.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:
OP, I've been active on this forum for over two years and have been posts like yours before. Unfortunately eBay and PayPal can care less about the anguish and financial hardship that people face then they pull some stunt. They just care about protecting themselves and their bottom line.

In fact, PayPal is notorious for causing so many problems, there have been entire websites created just for the purpose of telling everyone just how much they suck. An example is Paypalsucks.com which is the most famous. Forums like this exist so members such as yourself can discuss these issues in an open dialog. I'm grateful to this community, and Aspkin for that.

Trust me, friend, you are not the only one having problems with PayPal. Your quality of life is more important then to cause yourself so much stress over some stupid companies actions. I've personally witnessed the worst in people when something like this takes over their lives and consumes them.

One of my close friends ended up in the hospital once because he was literally spending his entire day calling his elected officials over some policy he didn't like. He literally wrote 100's of letters, phone calls to Congress and every state and federal agency known just to prove a point. it drove him to the brink of insanity and he ended up with a heart attack. Some people would call that mental illness, or dismiss that as being crazy. It's not.

We live in a very unfair world. The good news is there are other options. PayPal is NOT the only game in town. As you already know, eBay is in the process of transitioning to Adyen Managed Payments, and that's potentially a good thing.

Keep in mind that life is precious, and I'm sure many people love you, not just your Cat & Mom. Try to keep yourself together. People here can be of help. Best wishes to you.
removed because I was upset and didn't need to post that publicly

Last edited by over9000; 04-17-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:

can you send me a PM it won't allow me to send you one.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

This forum doesn't condone breaking the law, but there are many points of few for various topics on discussion here. The mods will take action, if warranted.

Intellectual Property rights is clearly a big thing these days. Since the dawn of the global internet back in the 1990's people have been taking advantage. Remember Napster? Or Piratebay? What do you think they did? The answer to those questions is not as cut & dry as we may think, but it's up for debate and discussion.

I used to operate web hosting companies out of California (Silicon Valley) back in the day. One of our colo centers handled over 6,000 domains and 20TB of traffic, with several hundred servers. I oversaw operations, but also the abuse desk. I would have to decide what's allowed, and what wasn't when a complaint came in. Even if I didn't agree with the content/site our customer was hosting, I would not infringe on their rights so as long as they weren't breaking some law, or our ToS.

I have been a firm believer of freedom of speech online, and involved with organizations such as the Electronic Freedom Foundation (EFF). Unfortunately some people take that freedom a bit too far and infringe on others rights, also. It's a fine balancing act, and making those decisions is not to be taken lightly.

BTW, you will be allowed to PM once you reach 25 posts. This is a safeguard to prevent scammers from contacting members. You are at #20 now, so just wait.

Last edited by nickopedia; 04-17-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Quote:
This forum doesn't condone breaking the law, but there are many points of few for various topics on discussion here. The mods will take action, if warranted.

Intellectual Property rights is clearly a big thing these days. Since the dawn of the global internet back in the 1990's people have been taking advantage. Remember Napster? Or Piratebay? What do you think they did? The answer to those questions is not as cut & dry as we may think, but it's up for debate and discussion.

I used to operate web hosting companies out of California (Silicon Valley) back in the day. One of our colo centers handled over 6,000 domains and 20TB of traffic, with several hundred servers. I oversaw operations, but also the abuse desk. I would have to decide what's allowed, and what wasn't when a complaint came in. Even if I didn't agree with the content/site our customer was hosting, I would not infringe on their rights so as long as they weren't breaking some law, or our ToS.

I have been a firm believer of freedom of speech online, and involved with organizations such as the Electronic Freedom Foundation (EFF). Unfortunately some people take that freedom a bit too far and infringe on others rights, also. It's a fine balancing act, and making those decisions is not to be taken lightly.

BTW, you will be allowed to PM once you reach 25 posts. This is a safeguard to prevent scammers from contacting members. You are at #20 now, so just wait.
I think I am going to do some more research and figure out how to turn this problem into a positive experience . I am not in need of major financial gain but if I can enjoy what I do and make enough to help survive on then I'm open to different ideas. I really enjoy finding deals on eBay and flipping them for a small profit. Thanks for getting involved with my thread today and I really appreciate the honesty. Now that I know you don't condone selling those types of items I will be sticking around and learning from you guys.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Good luck on the BBB endeavour.

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum. It exists for everyone's benefit. You will always come across people who you might not agree with, or like their opinion. Just like politics, sometimes you need to bite your tongue and respect others and their point of view.

Stay positive and know there are so many options in the Ecommerce world. You also might be interested to know that In 2017, retail e-commerce sales worldwide amounted to 2.3 TRILLION US dollars and e-retail revenues are projected to grow to 4.88 TRILLION US dollars in 2021.

A trillion dollars is a ton of cash. Everyone wants a piece of this pie. There is so much more to marketplaces than Amazon or eBay. Don't forget you can also drive sales to your own website. As I mentioned many times, there are many alternatives to PayPal.

So many sellers quit because they fail once, but they don't try again and again. If PayPal or eBay smacked your down, get back up! Sure, those pesky Chinese DVD sellers are a scourge, but it's not something you should be wasting time with trying to stop. eBay is already loaded with people who want to play cop and bust someone for something. Not my call. My second grade teacher told me to mind my own business. Nobody likes a tattle tail, either. lol.

You will get lots of ideas from this forum. The emphasis is to run multiple stealth accounts to spread out your sales, and risk. This is all perfectly legal and above board if you do it properly. We have sellers on here making several million$ in sales annually. I know a few. I can't tell you what I make, but I will say business is good.

One last thing, how you deal with people makes all the difference. Treat your customers like the gold they are. Don't give good service, but go above and beyond when possible. One of the reasons eBay is worried about Amazon is because they know they have customer experience issues on their platform. Few people have had problems buying on Amazon. That is one reason Jeff Bezos net worth is about $123 Billion. Love him or hate him, you have to admit Mr. Bezos created one hell of a company.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum. It exists for everyone's benefit. You will always come across people who you might not agree with, or like their opinion. Just like politics, sometimes you need to bite your tongue and respect others and their point of view.

Stay positive and know there are so many options in the Ecommerce world. You also might be interested to know that In 2017, retail e-commerce sales worldwide amounted to 2.3 TRILLION US dollars and e-retail revenues are projected to grow to 4.88 TRILLION US dollars in 2021.

A trillion dollars is a ton of cash. Everyone wants a piece of this pie. There is so much more to marketplaces than Amazon or eBay. Don't forget you can also drive sales to your own website. As I mentioned many times, there are many alternatives to PayPal.

So many sellers quit because they fail once, but they don't try again and again. If PayPal or eBay smacked your down, get back up! Sure, those pesky Chinese DVD sellers are a scourge, but it's not something you should be wasting time with trying to stop. eBay is already loaded with people who want to play cop and bust someone for something. Not my call. My second grade teacher told me to mind my own business. Nobody likes a tattle tail, either. lol.

You will get lots of ideas from this forum. The emphasis is to run multiple stealth accounts to spread out your sales, and risk. This is all perfectly legal and above board if you do it properly. We have sellers on here making several million$ in sales annually. I know a few. I can't tell you what I make, but I will say business is good.

One last thing, how you deal with people makes all the difference. Treat your customers like the gold they are. Don't give good service, but go above and beyond when possible. One of the reasons eBay is worried about Amazon is because they know they have customer experience issues on their platform. Few people have had problems buying on Amazon. That is one reason Jeff Bezos net worth is about $123 Billion. Love him or hate him, you have to admit Mr. Bezos created one hell of a company.
My personal dream is to make people happy and earn just enough money to not have to worry about things. I live a very simplified life and have enjoyed the freedom of not having debt and not needing tons of money just to survive. I've always wanted to be able to travel around the country and world to visit Catholic landmarks and connect with people of every shape and sze.

I make leather works and Rosaries and have been building a inventory to start selling. I love all things Dragon Ball and would love to have a business that combines my skills and passions and allows me to marry them together to create something people have never seen before. Imagine hand crafted jewelry that is based on Dragon Ball characters or colors. Leather book covers designed for Dragon Ball manga and specialty books. Then I would have items I don't make but have a inventory of to round out my store. Like Catholic trinkets and Dragon Ball trinkets.

That is something I could be proud of and love to do. But first I need to just get established and build a reputation. I need to get started on having tangible money to fund the setting up and running a small eBay business while being able to afford to survive and build myself up. This is where I keep failing. I either don't understand how to start selling or I run into roadblocks that take so much time to get around that I lose focus and have to backtrack to move forward again .