A dead-end? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-08-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default A dead-end?

Well, I’m at a crossroads. Just to reiterate my saga from previous postings, my eBay account was suspended on 6/5/07 due to a link to my daughter’s account. She had problems with her feedback scores, got suspended, and because we shared a shipping address, mine was suspended too.

My account had 100% positive feedback for a handful (100ish?) transactions. This is not my business, just a hobby with a few purchases and sales.

I explained the situation via email to eBay. They responded that I needed to provide proof that the accounts were separate. I sent a formal “request for reinstatement” fax to eBay on 7/6, along with some very personal documents, such as a copy of my driver’s license and credit card statements. They did not respond to that letter, or 2 additional emails.

Last night I filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. My complaint stated that my suspension was unfair and unwarranted.

Today I received an email stating, “As previously mentioned that you are suspended from eBay as a result of your violation of site policy on Seller Non-Performance…… without compelling evidence that we are mistaken with regard to your performance, we will not accept appeals for reinstatement.”

Have I reached a dead-end? Should I start to set up a “pirate” account using the methods in this forum? I’ve done everything right, but they give me NO option.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2007

Default Good Luck

Alot of people have had this problem.. IP sharing. You can try to work with them, but... thats why this site is so popular... people have tried and tried to get back on, faxing document after document. I have heard a few that were able to get re-instated, but for how long and for what next... I couldn't tell you. To them you are using an IP that was liked to another account that had bad feedback. To them you might be your daughter trying exactly what everyone is trying here... trying toget back on, using someone else's account.. etc. My original suspension was from a low credit score.. here's the kicker.. I had gotten out of debt, cut all my cards up, and with no credit cards, paying everything in cash... your credit score goes down. They said it was a security issue and they could not take the chance of someone having a low credit score doing transactions. :-PPPPPP I had to go back to work... still trying to get everything back up... now I I'm having a prob I THINK with my IP through AOL.

Take your time, read, read, read... did I mention read?? Educate yourself if you decide to "create another account"

Alot of people have come here to show what they've done and whats happened.

GOOD LUCK
Old 08-08-2007

Longevity: 96%

Since when does ebay have access to credit scores?
How could that be with all of the phony account that we are setting up.
Old 08-09-2007
Banned

right. Thats what i'm thinking.
Old 08-09-2007

My original account, I listed everything, SSN to get Ebay verified, then when is tarted selling high dollar items, paypal also wanted the info ,to "Verify my information"

I hope that puts more light on it.
Old 08-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Update > I expect a response from the California BBB around 9/1. Based on the 8/8 email from eBay, I'm not expecting a favorable response. eBay is standing by the assumption that I'm a suspended user (via same IP and/or shipping address). Ironically, the suspended user (family member) has been up and running with a pirate account for months!

In preparation for my next move, I've reset my I/P and and built a new email account. What a shame... tried to do the right thing.
Old 08-27-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Aye, that's why we're all here. Sorry for all your troubles. Having a family member screw you unknowingly is one of the reasons I have two internet connections; one for my main computer and the other for the rest of the house. It happens, you're here, and you'll be up and running within a day if you take sometime to setup your account.

First things first, read this guide and then take action.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...back-ebay.html
Old 08-27-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodside View Post
Update > I expect a response from the California BBB around 9/1. Based on the 8/8 email from eBay, I'm not expecting a favorable response. eBay is standing by the assumption that I'm a suspended user (via same IP and/or shipping address). Ironically, the suspended user (family member) has been up and running with a pirate account for months!

In preparation for my next move, I've reset my I/P and and built a new email account. What a shame... tried to do the right thing.
That's one thing I hate about Ebay... it forces you to be a "criminal" in the sense that you have to become someone else :(
Old 09-05-2007
Threadstarter  

Got this response today from eBay via the BBB. Is this true, the "same household" rule? This is unreal!

Re: BBB Complaint

While we understand that your account and the account that you are related to are separate accounts, eBay prohibits suspended members from registering new accounts with eBay and from using any existing accounts. eBay reserves the right to suspend existing accounts, as well as new accounts registered by anyone in the same household of a suspended user, or by any other associates of a suspended user.

I can assure you that we have taken many factors into consideration when making this decision, not just the usage of a common IP and address. Your account will remain suspended.

Kind regards,
Kristine Hale
eBay Office of the President
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

Unfortunately, if your daughter used your name in the shipping address information, you're screwed. Sounds like they have tons of proof against you (even though you're not the same people). IPs, possibly cookies?, names, who knows what else.

I've personally ran into accounts a few times like that where there's just too much evidence to link the accounts together. And even if I believed the person emailing in, there's nothing I can do to reinstate them because the evidence is there.

It sucks, but hey I guess that's what this forum is for, to get around suspensions like that
Old 09-05-2007

Guilty by Association huh . Welcome to the Pirate life my friend .
Old 09-07-2007

Speaking of guilty by associatoin. We are all very aware of how cookies can get you busted right quick. If you are eBaying on a PC in a home (or business for that matter) network, eBay sees ALL the cookies from ALL the PCs on that IP address. You can check out what I mean by going to Google. In the upper right hand corner they have a fairly new link to "View and manage your web history"; (on a PC networked) click that link and watch the other PCs' search history show up on your monitor screen as if you did the search.
GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION...right?
Old 09-07-2007

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, argggggggg.
Old 09-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
Unfortunately, if your daughter used your name in the shipping address information, you're screwed. Sounds like they have tons of proof against you (even though you're not the same people). IPs, possibly cookies?, names, who knows what else.

I've personally ran into accounts a few times like that where there's just too much evidence to link the accounts together. And even if I believed the person emailing in, there's nothing I can do to reinstate them because the evidence is there.

It sucks, but hey I guess that's what this forum is for, to get around suspensions like that
if you are truely ebay you know better that you didnt have the power to reinstate it goes above your head. customer services does not even know why some members get banned...
Old 09-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdog View Post
Speaking of guilty by associatoin. We are all very aware of how cookies can get you busted right quick. If you are eBaying on a PC in a home (or business for that matter) network, eBay sees ALL the cookies from ALL the PCs on that IP address. You can check out what I mean by going to Google. In the upper right hand corner they have a fairly new link to "View and manage your web history"; (on a PC networked) click that link and watch the other PCs' search history show up on your monitor screen as if you did the search.
GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION...right?
bahh....it happens nothing we can do. :D
Old 09-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
if you are truely ebay you know better that you didnt have the power to reinstate it goes above your head. customer services does not even know why some members get banned...
rap you get em. he smells fishy to me....
Old 09-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherebayhater View Post
rap you get em. he smells fishy to me....
no he is fishy. I think we all know most of the stuff he claims is crap. Just drop the act man....
Old 09-07-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko07 View Post
no he is fishy. I think we all know most of the stuff he claims is crap. Just drop the act man....
FISHY AS A RED HERRING
Old 09-07-2007
Banned

Quote:
If you truely knew how to read and comprehend, you'd know I already explained what "eBay Customer Service" is exactly and how they're organized. TnS falls under "Customer Service".
Old 09-07-2007

Ebay is above the law, above the BBB and above all.
At least they think. I know of people who have turned them into the states AG and they did nothing.

Ebay is that powerful with all the money they have.

But.... then they cannot keep records of who is screwing who.

The reason why you will never see the light on that name, IP and user ID etc is they very seldom, very seldom ever reinstate someone once they are goners.

No problem at all, hundreds of ways to get right back on.

As far as the credit score, how much money do you want to have from them?
They are NOT allowed to pull your credit for any account unless it is for a paypal credit CARD and only if you ok it.

They do not have permissable pupose by law to pull your credit.

Trolling is easy to spot these days. Most ebay employees are not smart enough to troll right let alone tell some stupid story about credit score.

Did you apply for a job with ebay and they checked your credit?
Many employees at ebay have to be bonded and a credit check as well as background checks.

Ebay employee gone bad?????
Old 09-08-2007

dont they have enough to do with out trolling? with all the kitties to strangle and schemes to cook up? i dont like seafood esp red herring lol.
Old 09-13-2007

Quote:
bahh....it happens nothing we can do. :D
Oh yes there is, for starters you can...
  1. clear the cookies on both machines
  2. disconnect the no-eBaying PC before logging into PayPal or eBay