can i use different paypal account for same ebay id as limited paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-17-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default can i use different paypal account for same ebay id as limited paypal?

hear me out for a sec,my paypal just got limited,god knows how long its going to take,its actually my legit pp account with all my info,granted it takes forever to get going,can i use a different paypal account? im sure they may link it,but anyone have any experiences and my ebay account is perfectly fine

this is my first time getting limited and i understand its normal but i sell some a few legit items and few vero items,there asking for supplier info and invoices,so im going to figure something out..anyone have experiences with this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

With the PP account limited.....
I bet the next time you try to sell sell on the eBay account that was linked to the suspended PP account, that eBay account will go NARU.
Even if you try to add a new Paypal account to the currently working eBay account then I bet that all 3 will get suspended because they all will be linked back to a locked/limited Paypal account.
Old 08-17-2009
Threadstarter  

i figured by adding a new account,it will affect the ebay account,but my question is what options do i have? if they keep my legit account limited for awhile..what else can i do with my ebay account? i only have 2 violations on and one of them is not cuz of vero(dont know if it matters)

the other thing is i dont know if i should be too worried about this because i understand this happens to probably 99% of accounts within the first year? yes or no? plus its my legit account under my name so im hoping they'll unlimit my account...

what do you think?

Last edited by arsgunner77; 08-17-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2009

Default Long story/question related to 2 Paypals linked to 1 ebay....

Earlier today, my primary PP account, that has my real info, but no SS or anything added, was limited due to it (finally) being linked to an old account I had that was limited with a negative balance. I used both of these accounts with the same ebay account (the newer PP account was made as soon as the 1st went down just to handle my ebay sales with that account). All of this was done before I knew anything about linking, etc.

Now my question is...will they suspend the ebay account? It has hundreds of fbs, and is from 2004, so I obviously dont want to lose it. Plus, they never suspended it when the first paypal account got limited.

Part of the reason I'm not sure it'll be suspended, is because I never really broke any ebay rules with it. The PP account with the big negative balance is like that because I had a buyer purchase a laptop from me, claim snad, and never return it (they somehow had tracking info proving its shipment, but it was never delivered back to me). My ebay listing said "no returns after 7 days", and the tracking the buyer supplied showed it wasn't even sent anywhere until the 9th day. So it was against paypals policy (since I never refunded that account to cover the refund since it was illegitimate IMO), but not ebays, because within the description, I had a clearly stated return policy that wasn't adhered to.

Anyway, what are the chances my ebay account will remain up, and also what are the chances that I'll ever be able to convince PP to remove the limitation on the first account since the item was never returned? When I complained back when it happened, they said proof of shipment was enough for the refund even though I had to send it with signatur conf =(
Old 08-22-2009

Longevity: 90%

I suppose it would depend why the account was limited. Did you get a message "you cannot use eBay in any way?"
Old 08-23-2009

No. The account that was just limited yesterday only says I cant close the account or send $. It can still receive money and change account info. The only thing it says I need to do to remove the limitation, is resolve disputes with the linked account (which can also still receive $ and change account info). But it also says that the dispute with the old linked account is resolved. So it is limited, but saying that I don't need to do anything (or that theres nothing I can do), to remove the limitation. I'm assuming that means that the limitation is solely based on the old accounts outstanding balance, not any disputes or other issues.

My ebay account is still up as of today. I just removed paypal from all of my active listings, so that I don't have any payments going to the limited account. Pretty frustrating, to know that if I had just found this forum sooner, and been more familiar with the downfalls of paypal, I could have removed paypal as my payment choice years ago and never had a single account limited in the first place =(

My biggest question now, is how I get paypal to remove the limitation on the first account, without me paying the outstanding balance on it. I know they won't want to take that on as their own debt or mistake, but there's no way I should be responsible for giving a refund for an item that I never got back...especially when paypals own terms say that a refund is given once the item is returned.
Old 08-23-2009

Longevity: 87%

about a year ago i was suspended on eBay for 1 year and my paypal account went into the negatives and was limited. I ignored both until the 1 year suspension with eBay was lifted. I began using the eBay account with a friends paypal account, and never had a problem with them being linked. Granted it was a year, but no problems surfaced.