Amazon automated pricing - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-20-2019

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%
Default Amazon automated pricing

Just trying AZ's repricer. Set rule, min and max limits.
It adjusts down quite fine, but it doesn't adjust back up.

Eg. We fight one seller for buy box (FBA). He adjusts 3 cents below me, we match, then he goes down, etc. Then I hit 39$ and he went back up to 45$. AZ kept our price at 39$.

Is this common for anyone using their repricer?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Amazon automated pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
That's how Amazons repricer works, it's (cleverly) designed to drive prices down.

Many of us pay for third party repricers for this exact reason.
Thanks Tin. Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
Just trying AZ's repricer. Set rule, min and max limits.
It adjusts down quite fine, but it doesn't adjust back up.

Eg. We fight one seller for buy box (FBA). He adjusts 3 cents below me, we match, then he goes down, etc. Then I hit 39$ and he went back up to 45$. AZ kept our price at 39$.

Is this common for anyone using their repricer?

Thanks
It sounds like you don't have the repricing rules setup correctly. To me this issue sounds like you have it setup relative to the buy box instead of the lowest price.

The Amazon repricer will reprice back up if you set the rules to do that. In your case I would set it to stay $0.01 below the LOWEST PRICE, when offers are in the same or better condition, the same fulfillment channel, and sold by non-Amazon retailers.

With that rule you will always be $0.01 below your competitor and you will win the buy box 100% of the time as long as you are eligible. Amazon's repricer is instant while 3P repricers take 1 min to 15 mins depending on which one you use, thus this rule will keep you in the buy box all of the time as long as your lower limit is below your compeitor's that forces them back up in price.

The one weakness of Amazon's repricer is that it only reprices relative to your competition. If your competitor sells out or leaves the listing then Amazon's repricer will neither move up or down. But if you take the time to learn its strengths you will dominate the buy box due to it being instant.
The Following User Says Thank You to goldencrema For This Useful Post:
Phd (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 85%

i really hate people set price 1p lower than others.
amazon put everybody on buy box when price is same ( unless you are not eligible), 1p drop makes nobody has profit.
it's really a bloody design.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jane For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (04-21-2019), Phd (04-22-2019)
Old 04-21-2019

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 85%

i always put my price down to bottom to test if somebody set price 1p below me.
if there is no profit, then i just set my price 1p higher than that guy, so that guy won the buy box, but never get profit ( or the profit is lower than the risk he takes to import goods from oversea or suspended by amazon or buyers return).
Old 04-21-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

it is called RACE TO THE BOTTOM !
Old 05-03-2019

Longevity: 77%

I wondering if anyone here knows a Repricing tool that always set prices lower than any seller even if you use the amazon Repricing tool.

I tried to set up my prices from 00.1 to 00.9 cents lower but this sellers Repricing tool is always 00.1 cent under my prices.
Is virtually impossible to set the same price or a lower to compete for the buy box with this seller.

Is there any trick or 3rd party software that I can use to set my prices same as this seller?
Old 05-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzini View Post
I wondering if anyone here knows a Repricing tool that always set prices lower than any seller even if you use the amazon Repricing tool.

I tried to set up my prices from 00.1 to 00.9 cents lower but this sellers Repricing tool is always 00.1 cent under my prices.
Is virtually impossible to set the same price or a lower to compete for the buy box with this seller.

Is there any trick or 3rd party software that I can use to set my prices same as this seller?
So, let me get this right. You think you should be lower than everyone else, but are complaining that someone is doing the exact same to you?
Try matching the price and sharing the BB. That way the 2 of you max your profit and don't price the item in the "race to the bottom".

If you think that only you should have the BB, then you are hated by many.
Even set your price to plus 1 cent and you should share the BB.

If I have misread your post, sorry.
Old 05-04-2019

Hi Phd

I tried to match the price but is impossible. This seller is always lower for a cent than any other sellers including amazon.
I used amazon reprinting tool but doesn’t work. I did try different strategies lowering prices from 1-10 cents but not luck. That’s why I’m trying to find what is the software this seller use to be always the lower price for FBA products.
Old 05-04-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Hi Phd

I tried to match the price but is impossible. This seller is always lower for a cent than any other sellers including amazon.
I used amazon reprinting tool but doesn’t work. I did try different strategies lowering prices from 1-10 cents but not luck. That’s why I’m trying to find what is the software this seller use to be always the lower price for FBA products.
Amazon's repricing tool will work. Sounds like your competitor is also using Amazon's tool if his repricing is instant. If two or more sellers are using Amazon's repricer and udercutting then the price will automatically go down to the lowest price instantly - it won't step down slowly. Simply ensure your min price is below your competitors and go to town. Try manually repricing at midnight to find his lower limit. If he has none then price down to $0.01 and buy him out of stock. Also remember it takes about 15 mins for Amazon's servers to update so give it a bit of time for the front end and buy box to reflect the new prices.
Old 05-05-2019

I already did that

I lowered my prices to see the seller limits and yes, there is a limit with a very low profit for his products. I did it manually and I also did it using the Repricing tool but nothing works. This is a big company with 200.000+ Feedbacks and I’m sure that they are using a different software than amazon Repricing tool. If I can find how match their prices without been affected for 1,2,3,4,5... cents, my sales will increase considerably.
Old 05-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to garry9061

Is this seller constantly restocking the product? Might be a case where you need to just wait till they sell out and ensure you are fully stocked for when they do, and you will then be able to capitalise on sales.
Old 05-05-2019

That’s what I’m doing now

I’m waiting for the seller to run out of stock to sell my inventory. But the idea is to compete with same prices. Once the seller restock my sales are almost zero.
Old 05-05-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That’s what I’m doing now

I’m waiting for the seller to run out of stock to sell my inventory. But the idea is to compete with same prices. Once the seller restock my sales are almost zero.

Because of the feedback rating of your competitor that may be the only thing you can do. AZ's algorithms favor these large sellers. I'm in the same boat with one line. Drove his pricing down by $9, even sent an email suggesting working together (no response). So now I drive his prices down until he runs out. Not much more can be done until the ego's are checked at the door and these A-holes share the Buy box.
Old 05-05-2019

I also drove down the prices to my competitors lowest price but it takes too much time to find what is lower price for every single item we both sell. The easiest and more profitable is to find the software that will maintain same prices for the buy box.