Elite systems cooyright - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-01-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Elite systems cooyright

Got a letter in post this morning from this company threatening legal action and want 1.5k in compension .. claiming they own the copyright to commodore ?? They have a eBay account with only 4 feedbacks from which they used to buy the t shirt from me in first place. Since then to now there eBay account is no longer active ?

My question is has anyone heard from this company or have been taken to court? I have ended the listing of course. But ripped letter up in the bin. I am not replying to them like they want nor giving them any money at all.

Any advice would be great.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2019

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via Skype™ to jas
Default Re: Elite systems cooyright

They could just be trying to scam you. I’ve just checked the UK IPO register for the word commodore and a few trademarks using the name exist but nothing shows from elite systems. That doesn’t mean to say they don’t have a claim of copyright.

If it’s real I would expect a follow up letter when they don’t hear back from you and at that stage you can ask for details of the copyright claim.

For future reference you can checkout IPOs here: https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmtext
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

I have looked at there website it says they have got the copyright this month .. my listing has been up for nearly a year and only sold like 2! And they want 1.5k haha. It’s my stealth account so the names are diff to my real name they only got a address from the click and drop returns address.
Old 05-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
I have looked at there website it says they have got the copyright this month .. my listing has been up for nearly a year and only sold like 2! And they want 1.5k haha. It’s my stealth account so the names are diff to my real name they only got a address from the click and drop returns address.
Is the product you’re selling something you are producing yourself with their copyright on or is it something you’re buying in? If it’s something you are buying you can always throw you supplier under the bus.

Stealth or not they do now have your address. If it was something you have been producing and you think they might keep chasing it then you could throw your stealth account under the bus instead. Contact them back first stating you have received a letter from them that you have no idea about and that you don’t even use eBay, plant the idea with them that your address must have been put down as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address.

Or you can just ignore it. Stop selling whatever it was an hope it just goes away
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

I think he's trying his luck as it seems he's having financial difficulties having some time ago not paying developers etc, his website is very amateur and he's giving his full mobile number on the website, the ebay shop was under his name swell,

hes claiming we have sold 1500£ worth of this stock, which we haven't and he's wanting 25% of it or he's taking us to court, I can just easy say I have no clue about copyright laws etc in court and I can produce PayPal statements with the proof I have only sold a handful of these and what's the worst that can happen? not much, alls I can do is take the listing down and cease selling said items in future?
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

by looks of his selling history which is only 5 items which he has bought, he has copyrights for them all, and he's trying it on am guessing and trying to get money out of the seller?
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

Just looked at our PayPal statements we have sold 2!!! Haha judge would laugh at this case!!

plus dont companies usually send cease and desist letters first saying take it down to avoid further action, so that proves he's just after money, we have googled his post code and its running this company out of his house

Last edited by yellowprintdirect; 05-01-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-01-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Expect your property to be raided.

Crown prosecution will be building a case to send you to jail for 40+ years.

Because your 2 t-shirt sales are worth the governments time and efforts.

All jokes aside ... stop selling vero, and start a genuine business. The time and effort you will put in to selling f*kes can be used to just buy and sell legitimate items.
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

Nothing to do with eBay right now he’s sent me a letter. Plus there’s 8,000 listings for commodore all sold well more then me wonder why he’s targeted me? He’s giving me till 14th to put money in his bank. Haha
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

https://www.elite-systems.co.uk/elit.../user_home.php

His website. Saying he has commodore copyright. But government ipo site don’t mention him
Old 05-01-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I dont know about UK, but here stateside mail scams from public records are common.
Old 05-01-2019

Quote:
https://www.elite-systems.co.uk/elit.../user_home.php

His website. Saying he has commodore copyright. But government ipo site don’t mention him
They aren't claiming to have copyright on their site. They say they have a licence agreement with the brand owners so it wouldn't show on the IPO site.

The agreement they claim to have signed in april will allow them to register as the VERO for commodore apparel in the UK, that will be why they have started a new ebay account as you need an active account for VERO. I've know it take about two months for VERO approval with brand licence holders but once they have it from their actions so far I would suggest they would take down all VERO listings.

If you have only sold two branded items I wouldn't worry too much as it wouldn't be worth their while to chase you legally and they aren't even the copyright owner they only have licence on the brand
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
They aren't claiming to have copyright on their site. They say they have a licence agreement with the brand owners so it wouldn't show on the IPO site.

The agreement they claim to have signed in april will allow them to register as the VERO for commodore apparel in the UK, that will be why they have started a new ebay account as you need an active account for VERO. I've know it take about two months for VERO approval with brand licence holders but once they have it from their actions so far I would suggest they would take down all VERO listings.

If you have only sold two branded items I wouldn't worry too much as it wouldn't be worth their while to chase you legally and they aren't even the copyright owner they only have licence on the brand
Very knowledgeable thank you. So basically take down all listings and ignore his letters,? Apparently I have till the 14th to pay him haha.
Old 05-01-2019

Quote:
Very knowledgeable thank you. So basically take down all listings and ignore his letters,? Apparently I have till the 14th to pay him haha.
Yeah that’s the best option. No offense but you're not worth chasing over just two sales.

Side note: Their "Official" merch is terrible
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

Hell deffo send me a 2nd letter haha
Old 05-02-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

The fact of the matter is it will cost them more to pursue you than the actual damage caused in my opinion. They could do it out of their own pocket, there is no stopping them, to then publicize your case and make an example of you for other people that plan on copying their items. But it's highly unlikely.

What if the costs of taking you to court can be written off their tax bill ?? I would do it if the accountant said yes that can be shown as an expense lol.
Old 05-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
The fact of the matter is it will cost them more to pursue you than the actual damage caused in my opinion. They could do it out of their own pocket, there is no stopping them, to then publicize your case and make an example of you for other people that plan on copying their items. But it's highly unlikely.

What if the costs of taking you to court can be written off their tax bill ?? I would do it if the accountant said yes that can be shown as an expense lol.

You would pursue a court case over £22? Ad happily give you the 15% damages to close the case then go the pub and pay more for a round haha
Old 05-02-2019

Longevity: 28%

This letter was sent out to almost everyone who was selling C64 items on ebay. Specifically T-shirts.

Steve is attempting to extort the same amount of money from everyone, regardless of how many units have actually been sold.

He alleges he has an exclusive license from Polabe Holdings N.V but he only acquired this on the 6th March so how he thinks he has any authority to claim damages on items that were sold BEFORE he held any rights, is beyond me.

I have contacted a few ebay sellers and everyone who got back to me is ignoring the letter(s).

Steve is a proven con-man (Google Spectrum Recreated).

His latest Kickstarter has been pulled for copyright reasons:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...edition-play-0

Until Court papers arrive (which I don't think they ever will) you can ignore the letter.

If it ever did go to court, it would cost Steve thousands up front and there's no way he'd do that.

He's just trying to scare people into paying.

Strangley, his ebay account (elite_systems_group) is no longer registered. He WAS selling a few C64 T-shirts himself but now isn't, which is very odd, especially as he claims to be the exclusive licensee.

He has awarded a license to ebay seller 'tshirtsinc' who also sells under the ebay ID 'tshirtlegends' to sell Chuckie Egg merchandise (Elite's EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL AND NOT AT ALL MADE UP license number is 0123456789)
Elite's 1995-esque website even fudges the licensing start date as it says it started on 17th August 2019 (3 months into the future) : https://www.elite-systems.co.uk/elit...me.php?show=94
Old 05-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Thanks mate. He isn’t getting a penny. The arl ****
Old 05-02-2019

Longevity: 28%

Some people have received more than one letter, did you only get the one?

The first batch of money demands went out around the middle of April
Old 05-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Ye mate got one yesterday. Ignored ripped up
In bin
Old 05-02-2019
Threadstarter  

If he sends another am gonna phone him say not known at this addrsss and if he keeps harassing me am gonna take him to court