Using US Paypal from Mexico (abroad)? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-25-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Arrow Using US Paypal from Mexico (abroad)?

Hi! I used to live the US. Now I'm a "non-resident Alien " living at Mexico.

My US Paypal is verified with Credit Card, Phone Number and a real Wells Fargo account.

I also added my Payoneer VBA account in there. I had been using it for a few weeks now... receiving small payments (under $50) from my Freelancer clients and withdrawing them successfully to my Payoneer.

Now that I received a $250 payment and tried to withdraw it, paypal gave me the "sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you" message.

I called them today and basically they said that once I "get back" to the US I could withdraw the funds...

Could IPBurger help me "get back" to the states?

Also... would IPBurger unlock services like Netflix and Hulu? Lol, hey... I miss my shows, what can I say...

Thank you very much for your time and aspkin for this incredible forum!

~sparK
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-25-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Using US Paypal from Mexico (abroad)?

have you tried withdrawing smaller sum,multiple times?
Old 04-25-2019
MU

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark190 View Post
Hi! I used to live the US. Now I'm a "non-resident Alien " living at Mexico.

My US Paypal is verified with Credit Card, Phone Number and a real Wells Fargo account.

I also added my Payoneer VBA account in there. I had been using it for a few weeks now... receiving small payments (under $50) from my Freelancer clients and withdrawing them successfully to my Payoneer.

Now that I received a $250 payment and tried to withdraw it, paypal gave me the "sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you" message.

I called them today and basically they said that once I "get back" to the US I could withdraw the funds...

Could IPBurger help me "get back" to the states?

Also... would IPBurger unlock services like Netflix and Hulu? Lol, hey... I miss my shows, what can I say...

Thank you very much for your time and aspkin for this incredible forum!

~sparK
I got the same problem "sorry we couldn't confirm it's you"

I called and they told me wait 24 hours and call back. Usually they give all kinds of excuses. I can expect that even you come back to US they will throw you another excuse.

It has been harder and hard to get someone to help via phone calls. Since 2019, all the helpful native speakers gone and philipenos won't help any. I make 500+ calls in the last 4 months and no success.

Any one got success by calling in recently? Please Kindly share the experience. Thank you.
Old 04-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
have you tried withdrawing smaller sum,multiple times?
Yes! I have a $5 pending withdrawal and a $50... I'll wait until tomorrow and see if they approve it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENNY9091 View Post
I got the same problem "sorry we couldn't confirm it's you"

I called and they told me wait 24 hours and call back. Usually they give all kinds of excuses. I can expect that even you come back to US they will throw you another excuse.

It has been harder and hard to get someone to help via phone calls. Since 2019, all the helpful native speakers gone and philipenos won't help any. I make 500+ calls in the last 4 months and no success.

Any one got success by calling in recently? Please Kindly share the experience. Thank you.
I know... I've been told that the best time to call is at working hours in the U.S., if you call by night you have a higher chance of getting connected to a hindu guy or gal... and they don't have as much decision making power as american agents...

---- On another subject -----

I ended up downloading a Virtual Machine and buying a year of IPBurger, a 50% off coupon was thrown at me and I had to take the chance, lol...

I will create history in my US Paypal through my new and fresh Dedicated IP... hopefully I will earn their trust again...

For the phone number verification, I used a TextNow number, I pay $2.99 a month and I can receive texts and make free calls in the US... in case anyone needs a number for their US account... I will update this thread when I hear back from Paypal!

Edit: No, IPBurger didn't work for Hulu, Prime or Netflix :(

Edit2: They approved the $5 withdrawal... i'm waiting 24 hours for their response for the $50...

Last edited by spark190; 04-25-2019 at 08:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spark190 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-26-2019)
Old 04-25-2019
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark190 View Post
Yes! I have a $5 pending withdrawal and a $50... I'll wait until tomorrow and see if they approve it...

I know... I've been told that the best time to call is at working hours in the U.S., if you call by night you have a higher chance of getting connected to a hindu guy or gal... and they don't have as much decision making power as american agents...

---- On another subject -----

I ended up downloading a Virtual Machine and buying a year of IPBurger, a 50% off coupon was thrown at me and I had to take the chance, lol...

I will create history in my US Paypal through my new and fresh Dedicated IP... hopefully I will earn their trust again...

For the phone number verification, I used a TextNow number, I pay $2.99 a month and I can receive texts and make free calls in the US... in case anyone needs a number for their US account... I will update this thread when I hear back from Paypal!

Edit: No, IPBurger didn't work for Hulu, Prime or Netflix :(
I am on the same boat. :D. Going to build history on new Residential IP to see if can avoid security check. Hope you have success and please keep me update.
Old 04-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Hi Jenny! I was advised to get a Residential IP but I went for IPBurger instead by recommendation in eBay Stealth... I don't know if I made a mistake... lol
Old 05-01-2019
Threadstarter  

UPDATE:

Hi! On Sunday I logged into my US Paypal, with a Virtual Machine with IPBurger Fresh and Dedicated IP... I tried to withdraw $137 I have left in there (originally $250).

It gave me an error, sorry something is wrong please try again later.

I contacted Paypal via Chat and they tried to override the system but were unsuccessful.. they told me to wait until thursday (tomorrow) and try again... but only once, that if the error was to show again, to call them... which I will not, lol... I will contact them again by chat if needed... I'll update you tomorrow with what happens!
Old 05-01-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

why use Payoneer when you can use your WFC account?
Old 05-01-2019
MU

oh nice to see you have smaller amount went through.

So why don't you withdraw it by small amount one by one if it works? It is slower but it is much better than calling in to waste time.

Last edited by JENNY9091; 05-01-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
why use Payoneer when you can use your WFC account?
Several reasons...

1. I closed the Wells Fargo account because I wasn't using it (stupid move, yeah, when I travel back to the US I'll open a new account).

2. Payoneer charges me 3% fee to accept payment and 2% for withdrawing into my local currency... that is WAY LESS than what paypal charges me... around 5% for cross border payments (US Clients paying me at Mexico) and a higher currency conversion fee... Added up around 10%

3. Payoneer's system allows to send money to another Payoneer user without any % fee. I'm transferring my money to my wife's account and withdrawing to her account to build a positive credit candidacy.

Thanks for asking!
Old 05-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENNY9091 View Post
oh nice to see you have smaller amount went through.

So why don't you withdraw it by small amount one by one if it works? It is slower but it is much better than calling in to waste time.
I ended up refunding my client and having her pay me through Freelancer.com and withdrew that money to my payoneer.. I left 10 usd in the account... I'm very sure I tripped some flags and will go away with time eventually... I will let it rest for a couple of weeks in the mean time!

My withdrawal limits triggered because I was at Mexico, I called them and logged into Paypal with my mexican IP... and I'm still familiarizing paypal with my new dedicated us ip... I will keep you posted when the limitation goes away! According to the paypal rep in about 5 or 6 days...
Old 05-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Hello! UPDATE:

I was able to withdraw my money using IP Burger and a little patience... I learned that sometimes triggered flags go away with time... and that's what I did! I'm so happy with IPBurger! Thank you all!