Amazon implementing new selling policies for textbooks? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 10-17-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Amazon implementing new selling policies for textbooks?

Hello. Just checking in to see if anyone else is having this issue with amazon. I have had this account for over 10 years with EIN attached to it. Very valuable to me but stealth. Now scrambling to get items for approval.

Hello,

Please read this email carefully. The information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products on Amazon.com.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide a great customer experience, we are implementing additional selling requirements for certain popular products in the Textbooks category. In order to continue selling on Amazon.com and listing these types of products, please provide both of the following documents within 15 days:

-- A government issued identity document
-- A bank account statement/credit card statement with name and address visible

You can send files in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered.

Please submit your documents by going to this Seller Central link (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/sw/...tep/EntityInfo) and following the instructions in the Identity Verification workflow.

Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may continue to sell on Amazon.com and continue listing popular products in the Textbooks category. If you do not send the requested documents within 15 days of this notification, we will begin withholding payments to you until you send the requested documents, for a maximum of 15 additional days. If we are unable to verify the documents you provide, we may not allow you to continue listing popular products in the Textbooks category, or continue selling on Amazon.com.

Any information we collect is handled in accordance with our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.com/help/privacy).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-17-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Amazon implementing new selling policies for textbooks?

Hmmm why do you think that it's just because of the textbook category?

perhaps something else changed in your account or your activity?
Old 10-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Could be just for the textbook category. Being stealth, I will have to get creative to provide documents. Strange, if items asked aren't sent, they will shut account down. I hope this doesn't bleed into other categories not requiring pre approval. Nothing else changed in account. Emails were sent to ALL of my amazon accounts selling textbooks asking for I.D. and bank statements

Last edited by Recherché; 10-17-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Was there an influx of new sellers into the category OP? Amazon is known to clamp down on categories and change requirements based on issues/activity within sections...
Old 10-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Was there an influx of new sellers into the category OP? Amazon is known to clamp down on categories and change requirements based on issues/activity within sections...

From issues/activities I know not. Haven't had any problems myself. Getting more difficult to run stealth.
Old 10-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

This is most likely because of the rampant phake textbook problem
Old 10-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yes. too many phakes...
Old 10-19-2018

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

@Recherché

Has Amazon asked for Gov ID / Bank statement in the past? Being 10 years old I am going to guess they had never asked you.

Im starting to wonder if there's a possibility (besides downgrading then reupgrading or changing account info such as name/address) that Amazon could ask for ID a second time after approving you a prior time.
Old 10-19-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

I just heard from a friend that his fraudulent transactions have gone up as of this week.

And based on that, they may have decided to double check people using bots.

This hasn't happened to me yet, but knowing amazon, I would not rule anything out.
Old 10-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
@Recherché

Has Amazon asked for Gov ID / Bank statement in the past? Being 10 years old I am going to guess they had never asked you.

Im starting to wonder if there's a possibility (besides downgrading then reupgrading or changing account info such as name/address) that Amazon could ask for ID a second time after approving you a prior time.
Never asked for any Gov't ID or bank statement. I entered my EIN about 5 years back. Being stealth, I'm wondering should I chance not sending them info and hopefully just blocking me from selling textbooks which would be OK and not permanently banning me. Or I can make up some I.D. and bank statements and they reject it and banning me that way. Decisions decisions.