Phone tethering and other questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 09-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Phone tethering and other questions

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...c-address.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
Yes, phones have MAC addresses too. It is usually under Settings and About Device.

Browsing directly on a phone/tablet is a little tricky and is not recommended for stealth. If you are using any ebay or amazon app...don't. There is information that is embedded in your phone that you agree to allow the app owner (ebay/amazon) to see.

If you are only using the phone as a hotspot/tethering, then no...the phone device's mac address is not seen.
First off, let me thank everyone who has contributed in this thread.. Ive found this info very very useful... Seriously thank you... Much of that was new to me. So if I understand correctly, if I am tethering an internet connection from my cell phone 4G connection, to my laptop, my phones MAC address will not be visible? This seems too good to be true. Computers MAC will also be invisible? What exactly could/will be seen by amazon besides the IP when I'm tethering from my phone to my laptop?

Also from what I've understood, while tethering I should have absolutely no amazon or eBay apps installed on the phone? I use my phone for my main amazon account, if I were to factory restore my phone and/or just uninstall those two specific apps, would I then be OK to tether from my phone? Or will my accounts be linked because I always use my phone apps for my main acct...? I can get a new IP just from rebooting my phone, but I want to know I'm working with a clean slate before attempting to tether and make a new account. Sorry for all the questions!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2013

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Phone tethering and other questions

Apps don't matter on the phone you tether to. They matter on the device you are browsing on.
Old 09-27-2013
Threadstarter  

So in other words I am free to keep all my eBay/amazon apps on my phone as Iong as I'm not browsing stealth accounts with my phones browser... But I CAN tether to my laptop using my phones internet connection (with apps still on phone) as long as I'm browsing using my laptop, instead of the phone, right?
Old 09-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

I would avoid using the APP altogether. It is a liability.
Old 09-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthyStealth View Post
So in other words I am free to keep all my eBay/amazon apps on my phone as Iong as I'm not browsing stealth accounts with my phones browser... But I CAN tether to my laptop using my phones internet connection (with apps still on phone) as long as I'm browsing using my laptop, instead of the phone, right?
NO

appl is dangerous and never ever recommended for stealth.

Old 09-28-2013
Threadstarter  

I think i am being mis-understood. I ONLY use the apps for my MAIN/LEGIT account. It is much easier to see my sales/messages throughout the day while im at my day job, using the app, and I would like to be able to keep it.... but I will get rid of it if I need to. I will NEVER use my phones ebay/amazon app, OR my phones internet browser to access my stealth account. I simply want to know if I can keep the ebay/amazon apps on my phone while i am TETHERING to my laptop.. So in other words, only my stealth account will be accessed on my laptop computer, via my cell phone internet tethering.

OR

Do I need to completely wipe/factory reset my phone, then it will be safe for tethering? And to then keep all amazon/ebay apps off the phone. As long as i am using my laptop to access the internet via my phone tethering, i dont believe it would matter what apps are on the phone, but i am not sure and that is why i wanted to ask first.

Does anyone know if amazon can see the MAC address of my phone AND my computer while I am tethering through USB? I do not tether over Wi-Fi as I am aware that the phone is assigned a MAC when tethering over wi-fi. Which MAC addresses can amazon see if I am using my laptop and android phone to connect? Will I need to spoof my computer as well as the phone MAC, or just the computer? Sorry for the rambling, I just want to be 200% sure.

Last edited by StealthyStealth; 09-28-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2013

You only need to worry about the IP address on your phone and then proper stealth technique on your laptop - same as any other computer you browse from ie. cookies, etc etc.... There are 2 camps on whether the MAC address is important. I side with not important but if you are paranoid then change it.

Last edited by zoneout; 09-28-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2013

Send a message via Skype™ to Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthyStealth View Post
I think i am being mis-understood. I ONLY use the apps for my MAIN/LEGIT account. It is much easier to see my sales/messages throughout the day while im at my day job, using the app, and I would like to be able to keep it.... but I will get rid of it if I need to. I will NEVER use my phones ebay/amazon app, OR my phones internet browser to access my stealth account. I simply want to know if I can keep the ebay/amazon apps on my phone while i am TETHERING to my laptop.. So in other words, only my stealth account will be accessed on my laptop computer, via my cell phone internet tethering.

OR

Do I need to completely wipe/factory reset my phone, then it will be safe for tethering? And to then keep all amazon/ebay apps off the phone. As long as i am using my laptop to access the internet via my phone tethering, i dont believe it would matter what apps are on the phone, but i am not sure and that is why i wanted to ask first.

Does anyone know if amazon can see the MAC address of my phone AND my computer while I am tethering through USB? I do not tether over Wi-Fi as I am aware that the phone is assigned a MAC when tethering over wi-fi. Which MAC addresses can amazon see if I am using my laptop and android phone to connect? Will I need to spoof my computer as well as the phone MAC, or just the computer? Sorry for the rambling, I just want to be 200% sure.
You shouldn't use the app WHAT SO EVER. Just like zoneout said, you have to be worried about the IP that your phone is using. So even if you are using your main account, and your not under a wifi connection , you could be using an IP that was used for a stealth. Getting both your main account limited, and your stealth account!

Overall it's just a big No No!
Old 09-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

If you are tethering your phone with the APP on it, and your laptop is connected to it, then you have caused a link. Both your laptop and the eBay APP will have the same IP address.

It is for this reason that that APP should not ever be used.
Old 09-28-2013
Threadstarter  

You guys are awesome. Completely understand now. I'm ALMOST 100% sure my phone gets a new IP everytime it reboots/airplane mode. I have reset over 30 times, and not once received the same IP, and sometimes even totally different geological areas too (totally different states!) even though i am in the same spot. I just really hope while tethering on my phone I wont end up with an IP I had 1-6 months ago, before I started logging them. I will get rid of the apps on my phone, although they are pretty damn convenient when using on a legit account
Old 09-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Inevitable eventually you will get the same IP (even after many many months)

This is why its important to track IP addresses

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html This will help you do so.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 09-29-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 09-30-2013

No doubt even if there are a thousand dynamic IPs eventually you will get the same. Just wondering though, there must be other legit or stealth users assigned the same address pool so wouldn't there be hundreds of accounts getting flagged every day? Just wondering...
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
Chase (10-09-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I know what you mean but IP is just one part of the link - it's part of the equation, and is not the absolute link...otherwise, yes tons of accounts would be shreded. We have to take steps with stealth to MINIMIZE linking - avoiding IP repetition is part of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
zoneout (10-04-2013)
Old 10-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Thank you all for some helpful reading. I am new to the forum, not to eBay but I just lost my main account and haven't really made the jump into stealth but now am setting everything up because I need to. I have a samsung galaxy s4. Curious if anyone has experience with Tmobile, and Galaxy S4. NOT going to use the App, just going to make sure to use tethering with 4G LTE and follow steps on the laptop for safety. If I do tether, do I need to use separate client ID's to conceal cookie tracing or can I just reset cache after each use and clear history?? Curious. If browser cookie is set; seemingly it is just what I have stated, a browser cookie. If these are dropped / cleared / etc. is there anything to worry about or do I need to have separate user clients set up on the PC / Mac laptop.
Old 10-10-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

One of the ways I change IPs is tethering from my Mobile samsung note2, I use 3 different ways , also changing MAC on my comcast ISP to pick up new IP, and I have a Verizon hotspot.

I think when u start opening many accounts u need to vary this aspect as others , you don't want to use same ISP for ever stealth account.

But create different user accounts one for each stealth, I like fire fox and go to privacy custom tell u do not want to be tracked by 3rd parties, keep cookies until they expire, this is important so that ebay feels comfortable security wise when the cookies are there for each stealth that's why we make separate user accounts to separate cookies
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Chase (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Thank you all for some helpful reading. I am new to the forum, not to eBay but I just lost my main account and haven't really made the jump into stealth but now am setting everything up because I need to. I have a samsung galaxy s4. Curious if anyone has experience with Tmobile, and Galaxy S4. NOT going to use the App, just going to make sure to use tethering with 4G LTE and follow steps on the laptop for safety. If I do tether, do I need to use separate client ID's to conceal cookie tracing or can I just reset cache after each use and clear history?? Curious. If browser cookie is set; seemingly it is just what I have stated, a browser cookie. If these are dropped / cleared / etc. is there anything to worry about or do I need to have separate user clients set up on the PC / Mac laptop.
I recommend that you use separate user window user for each account or at lease different browser for each account. I don't like the way you have to clean cookie and history every-time you change account when using the same browser, it look bad to ebay/amazon.

I like the Firefox portable. One browser for each account
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
Chase (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Firefox vs. Chrome vs. IE - firefox is the least glitchiest/most secure?
Old 10-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Haven't use IE for years since FF came out. Don't know much about security but I like FF portable. Just put all the FF portable folder in the thump drive and take them with me .

I used Chrome for my personal stuffs

IE => ewwwwww
Old 10-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Does a cell phone have its own MAC address when using a 4g signal? I know that if using WiFi on my phone, my phone then has a MAC assigned and j can view it. But while using g 4g connection I see nothing related to a Mac address. Does it? If so, where can I find it, and is it spoof able?
Old 10-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Haven't use IE for years since FF came out. Don't know much about security but I like FF portable. Just put all the FF portable folder in the thump drive and take them with me .

I used Chrome for my personal stuffs

IE => ewwwwww
I kind of lost touch with FF - thanks for remind Tony
Old 10-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Bump for my cellular MAC question
Old 10-22-2013
Executive [VIP]