received a-z after 5 months - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 11-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: received a-z after 5 months

Did you read my above post?

Click the links....these tracking #'s are nearly 2 years old. Tracking #'s DO NOT EXPIRE with USPS. I checked quite a few from years back, and all were valid. I posted a couple for examples.

Maybe you used a cheaper service like Media Mail or maybe there was a glitch....but I can tell you it's NOT policy for tracking #'s to "expire" with USPS.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (11-25-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Did you read my above post?

Click the links....these tracking #'s are nearly 2 years old. Tracking #'s DO NOT EXPIRE with USPS. I checked quite a few from years back, and all were valid. I posted a couple for examples.

Maybe you used a cheaper service like Media Mail or maybe there was a glitch....but I can tell you it's NOT policy for tracking #'s to "expire" with USPS.
Did you read my post? "4 months expiration with Amazon USPS service". They have the number starting in 9305 (Priority Mail). Your numbers do not start with 9305 which were purchased through Amazon's own system instead of ShipStation/Endicia/Stamps.com/USPS.com. Perhaps this is a difference in the way they expire based on where the label originated?

Regardless, there's no argument here - it is a FACT that labels from this particular type and source DO expire (I'll PM you 100 expired actual pdf labels if you are that eager for evidence). There is no reason for you to be argumentative about something that I can see right in front of me - we're all friends here working toward the same goal

Last edited by mshamazon; 11-25-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
Did you read my post? "4 months expiration with Amazon USPS service". They have the number starting in 9305 (Priority Mail). Your numbers do not start with 9305 which were purchased through Amazon's own system instead of ShipStation/Endicia/Stamps.com/USPS.com. Perhaps this is a difference in the way they expire based on where the label originated?

Regardless, there's no argument here - it is a FACT that labels from this particular type and source DO expire (I'll PM you 100 expired actual pdf labels if you are that eager for evidence). There is no reason for you to be argumentative about something that I can see right in front of me - we're all friends here working toward the same goal
My apologies. I just checked some of my own Amazon tracking #s and confirmed they do "expire" after a period of time. You'll have to forgive that I assumed you were making a mistake, as its far more believable that one of us is misinformed than that AMAZON, King of Internet Retail, has such a gaping security flaw that even EBAY manages to do right! The messed up thing is, Amazon charges us 7 cents per label for the privilege of printing them on their site!

Just a heads up to everyone: Amazon tracking #'s DO "expire", so if you have high-value goods, it might be a good investment to move all your shipping to a third-party platform, as mshamazon suggests!
mshamazon (11-26-2015)
Old 11-25-2015

Longevity: 53%

It may expire on the website for our viewing but I would assume amazon can track and trace.
Old 11-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
It may expire on the website for our viewing but I would assume amazon can track and trace.
I doubt it....I checked several tracking #'s from Amazon on USPS.com and they came up as Invalid/unavailable. And based on what mshamazon stated, Amazon themselves can't track it either.
mshamazon (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
My apologies. I just checked some of my own Amazon tracking #s and confirmed they do "expire" after a period of time. You'll have to forgive that I assumed you were making a mistake, as its far more believable that one of us is misinformed than that AMAZON, King of Internet Retail, has such a gaping security flaw...
No problem Ghost - you have awesome info here and you're one of the few Amazon specific experts! I fully agree that it would make sense that Amazon with all its web space (that it literally sells as a business model) wouldn't have to delete such important records (why not automatically backup tracking)! But alas, they are spending thousands of times greater on the consumer side than the seller side (how long did we have that old ugly inventory system from the early 2000s? lol).

Quote:
If Amazon CAN view it somehow, none of the 3 reps who have supposedly reviewed my appeals have been able to see it. They are absolutely convinced that the item was never delivered - despite bonus points on record for a less than 3 day delivery and positive feedback lol I can't come up with a good reason WHY this is happening but it definitely is.

Also - the labels from 7/25 that worked previously NO LONGER WORK as of 11/26 so I do believe there is exactly a 4 month expiration for whatever reason.
Old 11-26-2015

Maybe amazon's view is 90 days for an A-Z so no need to keep the info. I would imagine its also takes up processing time keeping millions of tracking numbers and then the interface to USPS, for information that is rarely required.
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Maybe amazon's view is 90 days for an A-Z so no need to keep the info. I would imagine its also takes up processing time keeping millions of tracking numbers and then the interface to USPS, for information that is rarely required.
I don't care what the excuse is---if they allow buyers to win cases based on "no valid tracking info" 4 months after a sale, they need to get the system updated.

That's a GAPING flaw. I could order a $2000 TV and if the seller used USPS, get it for free by waiting 121 days. It looks like thats EXACTLY what the buyer did. They obviously KNEW about this security flaw and exploited it.

Now I know how some of the posters here have gotten banned from BUYING on Amazon......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-28-2015), ovidiu (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
No problem Ghost - you have awesome info here and you're one of the few Amazon specific experts! I fully agree that it would make sense that Amazon with all its web space (that it literally sells as a business model) wouldn't have to delete such important records (why not automatically backup tracking)! But alas, they are spending thousands of times greater on the consumer side than the seller side (how long did we have that old ugly inventory system from the early 2000s? lol).

If Amazon CAN view it somehow, none of the 3 reps who have supposedly reviewed my appeals have been able to see it. They are absolutely convinced that the item was never delivered - despite bonus points on record for a less than 3 day delivery and positive feedback lol I can't come up with a good reason WHY this is happening but it definitely is.

Also - the labels from 7/25 that worked previously NO LONGER WORK as of 11/26 so I do believe there is exactly a 4 month expiration for whatever reason.
This is something Jeff Bezos needs to know about. If you haven't already, I recommend emailing him. NOT just so you might get your money back and the buyer can be punished, but so they can fix the flaw OR update their rules.

PLEASE bring this to his attention.
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
A-to-Z claims often just win for the buyer automatically.
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You aren't supposed to be able to open them after 90 days....
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Cue...

. My apologies I forgot that or I did not know that.....
Or just to clarify I meant....

Last edited by GreenBean; 11-26-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

From reading the Seller Forums, I understand the actual maximum is 6 months if you call in to a customer service rep.
Old 11-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Not after 90 days Buddy
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post

From reading the Seller Forums, I understand the actual maximum is 6 months if you call in to a customer service rep.
Talk the talk, walk the walk, and a customer service rep may decide to make a decison outside of the box (without caring for seller) to appease a buyer's tale of woe.

Happens wth ebay/paypal.

mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Talk the talk, walk the walk, and a customer service rep may decide to make a decison outside of the box (without caring for seller) to appease a buyer's tale of woe.

Happens wth ebay/paypal.

Exactly - too much bending of "rules" for the customer...6 months pfft
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

The bottom line is this:

Amazons system is ENGINEERED on a 90 day cycle. That's the reason why tracking expires from the database after 120 days----it should NEVER be needed after 90 days!

I don't care what shipping method you use----ANY package delivered from anywhere in the world is going to arrive within 60 days, easy.

What buyer is going to wait longer than that to let Amazon know there's a problem? No one!

Plain and simple, it's a scam. Jeff Bezos needs to be aware of this issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (11-28-2015), ovidiu (11-27-2015)
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Jeff Bezos is what I consider an ugly person.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (11-27-2015)
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Yep, self-involved and mindless of other peoples' needs or desires. Don't want to bring the old Nazi's into this, but I suspect he would have thrived as a concentration camp commandant.

Of course, the A to Z after 90 days thing may not have even been set as policy by him. Amazon has a billion different managers. I know someone who knows a lot of Amazon workers, and he said they pretty much do whatever they want there, fixing things that aren't broken, that sort of deal.
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Yep, self-involved and mindless of other peoples' needs or desires. Don't want to bring the old Nazi's into this, but I suspect he would have thrived as a concentration camp commandant.

Of course, the A to Z after 90 days thing may not have even been set as policy by him. Amazon has a billion different managers. I know someone who knows a lot of Amazon workers, and he said they pretty much do whatever they want there, fixing things that aren't broken, that sort of deal.
You're certainly correct, and Jeff Bezos is a business man, not a saint, but I guarantee he would not be happy to hear how easy it is for buyers runs scams off the people who make 50% of his companies. (third party sellers)
mshamazon (11-28-2015)
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

I hope you're right. Amazon doesn't usually seem to mind scammers who prey on 3P sellers (seen the testimonials on Seller Forums) until it hits THEM hard in the wallet.
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You're certainly correct, and Jeff Bezos is a business man, not a saint, but I guarantee he would not be happy to hear how easy it is for buyers runs scams off the people who make 50% of his companies. (third party sellers)
The onus will be on those bringing this to his attention to prove this.

Consider the ground work needed to create such a brief.