Impossible Amazon - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 12-05-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Re: Impossible Amazon

Why do you have a stock file for something that u don't even sell? also it has come to my attention from personal experience that sometime amazon just boots sellers that are too competitive with them for popular items, they rather just lose the seller so the price increases and their profits for said item increases. Its brutal but nothing u can do..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

It's ironic, since Amazon is always pushing the lower your price angle, I guess if you actually listen to them, they suspend you.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
It's ironic, since Amazon is always pushing the lower your price angle, I guess if you actually listen to them, they suspend you.
I believe they only push this on items sold only by 3rd party sellers, though I may be mistaken.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

30 day rolling reserve is the ultimate punishment for aggressive pricing. They hold your money and if you close the account they hold it for 90 days.

Sometimes they will add entire categories to FBA only as well for the holiday season. Such as they did to a 8 year old account with tens of thousands of feedback. No toys or games unless FBA for the months of November and December. Makes ZERO sense other than they want to make more money.

Last edited by yankee; 12-05-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Sometimes they will add entire categories to FBA only as well for the holiday season. Such as they did to a 8 year old account with tens of thousands of feedback. No toys or games unless FBA for the months of November and December. Makes ZERO sense other than they want to make more money.
Afraid you're mistaken on that, yankee. They've been doing this since at least 2011 (when I first started selling on Amazon). And it's not to make money---it's to keep the SERVICE Amazon quality. Toys and Games are the biggest categories sold on Amazon.com November-December, so they want to make sure that sellers who aren't meeting certain criteria (shipping speed, defect rate, etc) don't sell in those categories during the holidays UNLESS they are using FBA. Like I said, it's been going on consistently for 4+ years.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Afraid you're mistaken on that, yankee. They've been doing this since at least 2011 (when I first started selling on Amazon). And it's not to make money---it's to keep the SERVICE Amazon quality. Toys and Games are the biggest categories sold on Amazon.com November-December, so they want to make sure that sellers who aren't meeting certain criteria (shipping speed, defect rate, etc) don't sell in those categories during the holidays UNLESS they are using FBA. Like I said, it's been going on consistently for 4+ years.
First time I have run into it. Defect rate is less than 1% no late shipments. Cancellation rate is less than 1%

I personally have not seen this before and dont doubt you at all. Just makes non sense to me.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Well, they are always tightening the noose over there.

I believe they only push this on items sold only by 3rd party sellers, though I may be mistaken.

Possibly; I never checked. In the end, Amazon is just one more company that pays lip service to stuff like having the lowest price on everything, which it clearly doesn't (Toys & games comes to mind, again). If they had no competition, they'd double their prices overnight.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
First time I have run into it. Defect rate is less than 1% no late shipments. Cancellation rate is less than 1%

I personally have not seen this before and dont doubt you at all. Just makes non sense to me.
You also have to have sold at least 25 items in that category prior to October.

Like I said, they do this every year, and only for that category. If that doesn't make sense to you....well, lets just say it's good YOU don't run Amazon.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You also have to have sold at least 25 items in that category prior to October.

Like I said, they do this every year, and only for that category. If that doesn't make sense to you....well, lets just say it's good YOU don't run Amazon.
That would not be a problem either. It was a simple appeal but still....never happened before and this account sells thousands of Legos every year for years and years and leap pads and games etc...
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That would not be a problem either. It was a simple appeal but still....never happened before and this account sells thousands of Legos every year for years and years and leap pads and games etc...
Don't know what to tell you. Read the email. The conditions are very clear and not at all hard to meet. There is 0 reason they wouldn't allow you to sell toys and games if you meet their conditions. They WANT us on Amazon, otherwise we wouldn't be there.
Old 12-06-2015

Longevity: 80%

yeah they want u to sell if you qualify, i didnt qualify when it started but i was working on getting my ODR down from a few a-z claims due to me being out of country so i sold items at a lost and sent a bunch of stuff to FBA. 10 days later or 5 after deadline i got another email letting me know that I now qualify and can list in toy and games category as seller fulfilled.
Old 12-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conmazon View Post
I agree. I think Amazon is using false "inauthentic" allegations to get rid of sellers who are making money. Once suspended, it would take some time to build up your seller reputation to earn that much money.
It seems to be more of a generic allegation e-mail just to end the account.
Old 12-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
It seems to be more of a generic allegation e-mail just to end the account.
People have been reporting this for months....yet some still insist that everyone who get's it must be guilty.

It's ironic when the birds come home to nest in your back yard....
Old 12-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
People have been reporting this for months....yet some still insist that everyone who get's it must be guilty.

It's ironic when the birds come home to nest in your back yard....
I got this kind of allegation in 2011 about suspicious media DVD sales or so accusation for an account that had NEVER sold media. Since then, I haven't been on Amazon as much as before
Old 12-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Don't know what to tell you. Read the email. The conditions are very clear and not at all hard to meet. There is 0 reason they wouldn't allow you to sell toys and games if you meet their conditions. They WANT us on Amazon, otherwise we wouldn't be there.
Not much to talk about. It was appealed and sales are as usual....BUT it does not make sense to me why the attempt to force FBA, even if it does to you.

I am not asking you why, I am stating it makes no sense to me unless they wanted higher revenue. Clearly amazon feels the same way seeing as a quick appeal remedied the problem. FBA for these items will not work and a 4500 square foot store with three employees would have to close.

Anyways, my point is, Amazon is crazy, always has been crazy and always will be.
Old 12-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Not much to talk about. It was appealed and sales are as usual....BUT it does not make sense to me why the attempt to force FBA, even if it does to you.

I am not asking you why, I am stating it makes no sense to me unless they wanted higher revenue. Clearly amazon feels the same way seeing as a quick appeal remedied the problem. FBA for these items will not work and a 4500 square foot store with three employees would have to close.

Anyways, my point is, Amazon is crazy, always has been crazy and always will be.
What don't you understand?

For whatever reason, your account did not meet their standards. Your orders weren't being delivered fast enough, your account had too many defects, customers were complaining about packaging----I don't know what, but SOMETHING. THEREFORE: In order to control all of these variables, FBA is the solution. Amazon did not/does not TRUST you, but they trust themselves/their employees.So you weren't allowed to sell in one category for 2 months unless you did FBA. Has nothing to do with revenue, it's about the customers experience.
Old 12-16-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 75%

Similar thing happened to me. I had an ASIN listed, no one purchased from me because my price was too high and the knock offs were being offered at just 70% of my price. Amazon kicked me off for holding "inauthentic" stock. That account didn't have much sales and no money being held, so I let it go... tsk tsk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Just had one of smaller US accounts suspend, 1000+ feedback, metrics perfect, all FBA approx 6 months old.
Reason "complaints from rights holders about authenticity" However the ASIN that was being complained about I have never sold, never stocked and its only in my stock file with zero sales.
Appealed, wrote to Jeff and basically told "sorry you no longer can sell on amazon" Asked for invoices, but how can you send invoices for a product you have never purchased.
Luckily my money was disbursed so only about $5k held for 90 days.
So now it looks like if amazon get a complaint about a product from the rights holder and you have the ASIN on your stock file there's a chance of suspension.
CRAZY
Old 12-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What don't you understand?

For whatever reason, your account did not meet their standards. Your orders weren't being delivered fast enough, your account had too many defects, customers were complaining about packaging----I don't know what, but SOMETHING. THEREFORE: In order to control all of these variables, FBA is the solution. Amazon did not/does not TRUST you, but they trust themselves/their employees.So you weren't allowed to sell in one category for 2 months unless you did FBA. Has nothing to do with revenue, it's about the customers experience.
You lack the ability to read again. ACCOUNT IS GREAT STANDING and with a simple appeal, was back to normal. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the account. NOTHING wrong with the account. Near perfect. DAILY distributions on a USA account. An account that is almost unheard of today. Get it? NOTHING wrong with the account in any way.

So, no matter what you regurgitate, it does not make any sense. Stop saying it does. It just makes you look and sound dumb and that is one thing you are not.

Last edited by yankee; 12-16-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Just wanted to thank "Taking The Mickey" for this thread.

I have been away from Amazon for two years, just got back thanks to the stealth methods. Thanks to Aspkin and the forum members here.

This info will dramatically change my strategy.

When Amazon booted me in 2013 I had 5k skus, unique under $10 items. The real value in the account was I had many highly ranked listings where I was the sole supplier.

I made so much from selling there I just walked away.

Now I'm back and those valuable listings are gone, It's a bitch trying to get my listings ranked highly in search again.

I now see that I should not have more than 1 account selling any listing.

New plan, When an account gets taken down, SLOWLY incorporate the best listings from the downed account to the others.
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
You lack the ability to read again. ACCOUNT IS GREAT STANDING and with a simple appeal, was back to normal. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the account. NOTHING wrong with the account. Near perfect. DAILY distributions on a USA account. An account that is almost unheard of today. Get it? NOTHING wrong with the account in any way.

So, no matter what you regurgitate, it does not make any sense. Stop saying it does. It just makes you look and sound dumb and that is one thing you are not.
There are ways to get rid of competition on Amazon that you don't know about.
I have found a couple of ways myself over the years by thinking to much.
I won't say how to do it. It takes time though.