Account Linking Amazon 95% Valid Tracking Requirement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 09-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Account Linking Amazon 95% Valid Tracking Requirement

Amazon has a new requirement requiring providing tracking numbers for 95% of orders. I have 3 questions regarding this:

1) Can Amazon Link your accounts based on tracking numbers? For example, if 2 accounts selling same item, can Amazon link the accounts via tracking numbers? I don't think so bc tracking numbers vary so greatly.

2) Can Amazon Link your accounts based on the post office you drop off at? I always drop off packages at the same post office closest to my house for all of my accounts. Problem is now that amazon requires tracking numbers, they know all the accounts ship from the same post office. Also, the post office zip code is not the same as amazon zip code. My guess is that they cannot link based on post office, bc people use drop shipments all the time and they could be from same zip code. Is this correct?

3) To avoid the risk of getting accounts linked via tracking numbers, I have been confirming shipments without providing a tracking number. I ship the order same day, customer gets it quickly, they mostly dont care about the tracking number. However, now they require me to submit tracking numbers, they are suspending accounts immediately with less than 95% valid numbers. What should I do if I do not want to provide tracking numbers? Is my only option to provide them now, or is there a workaround?

Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Account Linking Amazon 95% Valid Tracking Requirement

[quote=eager693;799355]Amazon has a new requirement requiring providing tracking numbers for 95% of orders. I have 3 questions regarding this:

Quote:
1) Can Amazon Link your accounts based on tracking numbers? For example, if 2 accounts selling same item, can Amazon link the accounts via tracking numbers? I don't think so bc tracking numbers vary so greatly.
Most likely not.

Quote:
2) Can Amazon Link your accounts based on the post office you drop off at? I always drop off packages at the same post office closest to my house for all of my accounts. Problem is now that amazon requires tracking numbers, they know all the accounts ship from the same post office. Also, the post office zip code is not the same as amazon zip code. My guess is that they cannot link based on post office, bc people use drop shipments all the time and they could be from same zip code. Is this correct?
If they did link accounts this way, a lot of people would be linked to accounts that aren't theres....There's most likely another account seller near you and they probably also drop off their packages from the same location.

Quote:
3) To avoid the risk of getting accounts linked via tracking numbers, I have been confirming shipments without providing a tracking number. I ship the order same day, customer gets it quickly, they mostly dont care about the tracking number.
Seems like a bad way to do business, why are you obsessed with the tracking? There are far more things that can get you linked than tracking numbers.

Quote:
However, now they require me to submit tracking numbers, they are suspending accounts immediately with less than 95% valid numbers.
Probably a good thing they do, I order stuff off Amazon and get pissed off when I don't get a tracking.

Quote:
What should I do if I do not want to provide tracking numbers? Is my only option to provide them now, or is there a workaround?
Well, if you don't want to provide a tracking then don't, but don't mad if they ban you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
eager693 (09-12-2016), newjerseymax (01-26-2018)
Old 12-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Here's the bottom line:

You're FAR more likely to get suspended for not uploading tracking than you are to be linked via tracking numbers.

However, if you ARE suspended and you believe tracking numbers were the culprit, share your info here so we can check ourselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
Jineric (12-16-2017)
Old 12-14-2017

Longevity: 40%

Yeah i dont think tracking numbers will link you. They'd have too many to sift through and there's too many sellers living/working close to each other
Old 12-18-2017

I'm confused. How could tracking number possibly link you? They are all different. Also, no one knows what P.O. the packages go through. Not trying to be a jerk, but you're really reaching into nothingness, here
Old 12-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoi View Post
I'm confused. How could tracking number possibly link you? They are all different. Also, no one knows what P.O. the packages go through. Not trying to be a jerk, but you're really reaching into nothingness, here
Actually they do, it shows what PO Zip code they were scanned at. So one can deduce which post office they were dropped at by checking the origin zip code they were originally scanned at....
Old 12-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoi View Post
Nope, as Ghost said they do. ‘Numbers’ on many different things are traceable.

Type of card (debit or debit) can be tracked,

Post Office numbers are too.

OP, why is this really worrying you?

Old 01-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Has anyone got a solution for items that do not have tracking number added or at least added straight away, given dispatch is 1 working day.....

I have a system on some products, that I only buy them from a quick supplier when I get an order, and then I ship them myself, but tracking cannot be added straight away....
Old 01-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Has anyone got a solution for items that do not have tracking number added or at least added straight away, given dispatch is 1 working day.....

I have a system on some products, that I only buy them from a quick supplier when I get an order, and then I ship them myself, but tracking cannot be added straight away....
Yes. PM me.
Old 01-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Yes. PM me.
ok pm-d thanks!