eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Invalid VCC? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/104647-invalid-vcc.html)

Wing081 01-26-2017 04:51 PM

Invalid VCC?

had a vcc working for a while now and now i get this error:

The credit card information for seller Til33(A3TFA3328RAZ2) in Amazon.com(ATVPDKIKX0DER) is invalid. You must update your existing credit card information or add a new credit card to regain full access to this seller account.

what do i do?

Wing081 01-26-2017 04:51 PM

Re: Invalid VCC?

the expiration date is dec 2017

JamesNorth101 01-26-2017 04:59 PM

Which countries platform is this on?

Wing081 01-26-2017 05:20 PM

USA. this happened to two of my ghost accounts.

1 ghost acct i updated it with a new vcc and now its fine for now (just a few days ago).

now my other ghost account got that notification. I hope i dont have to do this regularly..

Play 01-26-2017 05:59 PM

Were your monthly pro seller fees due?

As of recent US sellers need to ensure they have the $39.99 ready to be charged right off the bat to the card (rather than the seller balance) when you turn the account into a pro seller. Individual sellers remain unaffected.

Whether this will be one off for new sellers or recurring monthly charge - only time will tell.

Wing081 01-26-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 826634)
Were your monthly pro seller fees due?

As of recent US sellers need to ensure they have the $39.99 ready to be charged right off the bat to the card (rather than the seller balance) when you turn the account into a pro seller. Individual sellers remain unaffected.

Whether this will be one off for new sellers or recurring monthly charge - only time will tell.

evdn if the seller fees were due. i had a few thousand dollar balance on my amazon acct. this is not a new acct either its been running for 3 months .

phaz0rz 01-26-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wing081 (Post 826643)
evdn if the seller fees were due. i had a few thousand dollar balance on my amazon acct. this is not a new acct either its been running for 3 months .

My understanding is that Amazon now charges your card regardless of the balance on your account. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm interpreting Play's post (as well as a recent post by the ONLY Amazon account seller here, elmo).

JamesNorth101 01-26-2017 07:16 PM

Yep from what I understand Amazon US now charges the card on file the full fees each month so you now need a balance to cover that each month available on the card

elmo 01-26-2017 07:39 PM

If you just recently started selling in Canada, a US working VCC will not work, you would need a worldwide working VCC.

I'm assuming you just recently started selling in Canada correct?

You can view my thread here with current issues: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...rd-issues.html

Wing081 01-27-2017 01:37 AM

If amazon is going to charge the card on file instead of deducting from the balance, then these VCCS will not work. The VCCS will be useless for pro accounts.

I started selling in Canada for about 2 months

Play 01-27-2017 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wing081 (Post 826687)
If amazon is going to charge the card on file instead of deducting from the balance, then these VCCS will not work. The VCCS will be useless for pro accounts.

I started selling in Canada for about 2 months

At the moment I dont think we're 100% certain if this is how they will charge seller fees for the first month, or each and every month.

If they do this just for the first month, then the solution is simple - buy a VCC with sufficient balance to cover the first month.

But if its each and every month going forward, then again it is still possible. A little pricier, but still possible.

Wing081 01-27-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 826698)
At the moment I dont think we're 100% certain if this is how they will charge seller fees for the first month, or each and every month.

If they do this just for the first month, then the solution is simple - buy a VCC with sufficient balance to cover the first month.

But if its each and every month going forward, then again it is still possible. A little pricier, but still possible.

So what do you suggest I do?

Play 01-27-2017 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wing081 (Post 826701)
So what do you suggest I do?

Attach a VCC that works in Canada (US VCCs wont work outside of the US).

Ensure it has sufficient balance to cover the Pro seller fees for the first month + around $5 USD to cover any refunadable test charges during disbursement.

If come next month we see they are charging the card seller fees on a recurring basis, then we'll begin offering VCCs that cater to this change.

elmo 01-27-2017 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 826698)

Who are you speaking for?

I am 100% certain about how they work.

Wing081 - I have responded to your private message

Play 01-27-2017 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmo (Post 826706)
Who are you speaking for?

I am 100% certain about how they work.

Wing081 - I have responded to your private message

You are 100% certain that Amazon US will charge Pro seller fees to the sellers charge card for only the first month, and further monthly charges will be taken from the balance accumulated from sales?

Whilst im not refuting the statement, I am refraining from jumping to conclusions so early on. Amazon UK clearly stipulates on their website how and when they charge Pro seller fees. Amazon US makes an ambiguous statement on their website.

So unless you have a credible source to suggest otherwise, I will remain of the opinion that we know little about this situation - especially considering this change was only introduced very, very recently.

As far as i'm concerned, its a moot point until we hear otherwise.

elmo 01-27-2017 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 826707)
You are 100% certain that Amazon US will charge Pro seller fees to the sellers charge card for only the first month, and further monthly charges will be taken from the balance accumulated from sales?

Whilst im not refuting the statement, I am refraining from jumping to conclusions so early on. Amazon UK clearly stipulates on their website how and when they charge Pro seller fees. Amazon US makes an ambiguous statement on their website.

So unless you have a credible source to suggest otherwise, I will remain of the opinion that we know little about this situation - especially considering this change was only introduced very very recently.

As far as i'm concerned, its a moot point until moot point until we hear otherwise.

Please don't speak for me in the future.

You shouldn't speak for people in general.

What I know, is not necessarily what you know, and vise versa. :mod:

JamesNorth101 01-27-2017 05:31 AM

So as it stands is it clear if Amazon charges the card for just the first month and then takes subsiquent months from the Amazon balance or takes subsequent months fees from the card attatched?

As far as I can tell at the moment it's not clear. Amazon US don't seem to be clear which way the charges will be charged after the 1st month. If anyone is sure either way I am sure it would be welcome news!

Wing081 01-27-2017 06:28 AM

elmo so does amazon only charge the subsription fee from the cc for the first month.. and going forward it will take the monthly subscription from the balance?