what is the meaning of this message from Amazon? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-21-2018

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 38%
Default what is the meaning of this message from Amazon?

Today i just received an email from listings-report-proactive@amazon.com

"Hello,

We reviewed your account and determined that you may no longer sell on Amazon.com or Amazon.ca. Your listings have been removed from our site. This decision is due in part because we were unable to verify information related to your seller account, including information related to your selling history and listings.

Please ship any open orders. If you have any funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer. You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

To sell on Amazon again, please send us a plan that explains how you will address this problem. For help creating your plan, search for "Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges" in Seller Central Help. When you are ready to send us your plan, click the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...fications.html).

We look forward to hearing from you."

I don't have any feed back or claims, my account is brand new. Could it be they linked my accounts ? I used a valid address and already passed the seller verification state.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: what is the meaning of this message from Amazon?

Listing violation. Seems to be much more common these days.

My honest guess is it’s combination of a new seller store, the listings you put up, and how risky those first listings were.

Piggybacking onto existing listings is proving to be risky as I know people are getting flagged for listing products theyre not approved for selling. Amazon sometimes allows you to sell products that require additional approval if you’re piggybacking onto existing listing pages. That’s an issue though as people are unknowingly getting suspended

To avoid this you should first create a listing page for the product you’re trying to sell manually. You’ll either be allowed to sell or not. If you are allows to sell it then you should never see this type of suspension.

If you’re using a mass listing uploaded... that may be a bit risky, at least on a relatively new account.

This suspension is a PITA to get reinstated... I’ve tried helping around 15 people and the only ones we got reinstated involved creating a website listing the products for sale you had on Amazon. The contact us page should have your amazon name and address. This in combination with purchase invoices seems to best way to get reinstated
Old 02-21-2018
Threadstarter  

so, it's nothing with linking accounts, right? it's just a listing violation?
Old 02-21-2018

Yes I believe so
Old 02-21-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

So did you:

1. Put the item in the right category? And have gotten the necessary permission to do so/?

2. Did you make your own listing or did you piggy back on others?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
cobaogio7 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018
Threadstarter  

1. i think they are in right category

2. i piggy back the listing from Amazon, i also double check they are general products and don't need permission to sell.

3. could it be that some competitors report my listing?
Old 02-21-2018

Yup also very possible that competitors reported your listings through the report a listing page on amazon. Lots of abuse happens through that

But it’s ultimately a combination of many things that either shoot out a high risk flag for your account, hence the request for more information such as website. Or nothing happens, if your store has history and good standing etc

Most of the time though this suspension is related to the listings you had up. If you were piggybacking, I would say that is the reason. Combination of a new store and accidentally being on a high risk listing. I’ll have a post shortly up with more info on this type of suspension shortly, just working out the wording
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
callvince (02-22-2018), cobaogio7 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-22-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

OK, so you are piggy backing... fine... now does your item actually adhere to the guidelines on the product itself?

Because as a listing creator, I can absolutely make amazon take off my competitor's listing that's piggy backing on me, because all my products are unique and I know they aren't offering the exact same product I am.
Old 02-22-2018
Threadstarter  

well, i piggy backing the item that had 75 sellers or more, i think it adhere to the guidelines. Before i never receive this message, it only happened in 2018.
Old 02-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Then think what you have changed.

Try to track what is causing this.

Good Luck.

Old 02-23-2018

Longevity: 35%
Send a message via Skype™ to quietstorm

You are getting fed a ton of terrible advice. People, this is not eBay. "Piggybacking" on other seller's listings? This is not a preference of Amazon -- This is their strict policy. Amazon wants ONE listing for each individual product. That is why they call their selection of products "the catalog." If you create a new ASIN for any of the 4 zillion products that already exist on Amazon, you will be violating policy. Amazon thrives on the organization (buyer experience) of this format and the competitive pricing that naturally occurs with multiple sellers.

Regarding approvals -- when you go to list an item that you are not approved to sell a box will pop up informing you that you are not approved to sell in this category or brand along with a yellow button that says "Request Approval." You can choose to request the approval. You can choose to just avoid that product. What you do not have the ability to do is actually just list the product, therefore, it is impossible for this to be a root cause of your issue.

You got suspended because you weren't verified and the "soft rels" added up enough to the point where they got tired of guessing if you were playing games because you slipped up in some areas and just got rid of you. Understand that Amazon is not dependant on any one seller. They could not care less who they get rid of. They've lowered their level of tolerance in these past months simply because they can. If you have any sloppiness going on and do not keep your account impeccable for the first six months of its existence, they would rather just toss you from the platform than devote the resources to investigate. By doing so, they either a) got rid of a seller who was violating the terms of service or b) booted some random person who caught some bad luck -- collateral damage.

Avoid these things by educating yourself on how they are tracking you and what patterns they are looking for so you never find yourself in this situation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quietstorm For This Useful Post:
e2free (03-06-2018), GhostOfAmazon (02-24-2018), mrowcp (04-23-2018)
Old 02-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

^

I've noticed that more and more lately people don't bother to read the OPs post or thread in it's entirety but just skim the title and first few sentences then post some generic advice that's usually not relevant because it fails to take into account the actual details.

If the guy was selling on listings that had 50+ other sellers he was not "piggybacking" it was definitely a product that anyone could purchase wholesale or retail and sell themselves.

Ignore the "reviewed your listings". This is a generic form email, listings have nothing to do with the suspension, this is the "disorderly conduct" of Amazon crimes.

Unless of course you have some oddball listing you're not telling us about.
Old 02-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

The email came from listings-report-proactive@amazon.com so what makes you think that it wasn't about the listing?

I'd guess he pissed off some competitors who sold the same item and didn't get the buy box anymore.
Old 02-25-2018
Threadstarter  

i was listing the product as used to build up my accounts . I guess some competitor got pissed off since used product is cheaper than what they list and wrongly report my listing, so, what do i do in this situation?
Old 02-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaogio7 View Post
i was listing the product as used to build up my accounts . I guess some competitor got pissed off since used product is cheaper than what they list and wrongly report my listing, so, what do i do in this situation?
Check if you can appeal the decision and try if its possible.

If not, simply start over.
Old 02-25-2018
Threadstarter  

i see the appeal button, is this about the items or something else?
Old 02-25-2018

It’s very much listing related, just very hard to know the exact specifics

Look into the last products you listed. If it was a new store and you were listing products that have a high risk profile, you are going to get flagged most of the time. High risk products on amazon don’t have to solely be Apple or Samsung / branded products. It could be a certain blender that has a tons of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and you won’t have any idea unless you properly research. Amazon has allll the data. They know the products/listings that have a larger collection of customers claiming authenticity issues. If you have a new store with no history and list one of these high risk products, it’s an easy suspension for Amazon

I’ve seen this same suspension many times and much more recent. Spend some time and google these keywords: amazon forums we were unable to verify

You’ll find lots of people with their legit accounts getting flagged for this type of listing violation
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
dachilla (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018
Threadstarter  

I already shipped and the products are already delivered. Should i just move on and wait 90 days for the money to be disbursed?
Old 03-06-2018

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
Listing violation. Seems to be much more common these days.

My honest guess is it’s combination of a new seller store, the listings you put up, and how risky those first listings were.

Piggybacking onto existing listings is proving to be risky as I know people are getting flagged for listing products theyre not approved for selling. Amazon sometimes allows you to sell products that require additional approval if you’re piggybacking onto existing listing pages. That’s an issue though as people are unknowingly getting suspended

To avoid this you should first create a listing page for the product you’re trying to sell manually. You’ll either be allowed to sell or not. If you are allows to sell it then you should never see this type of suspension.

If you’re using a mass listing uploaded... that may be a bit risky, at least on a relatively new account.

This suspension is a PITA to get reinstated... I’ve tried helping around 15 people and the only ones we got reinstated involved creating a website listing the products for sale you had on Amazon. The contact us page should have your amazon name and address. This in combination with purchase invoices seems to best way to get reinstated
When you create a website with invoices plus name and address, what % of the time does it get reinstated?
Old 03-06-2018

So far about 90% pass rate with those 3 things. I only know 1 person that was not reinstated with them, and he was selling custom tshirts that he could not provide invoices for, since they were designed and made in-house
Old 03-06-2018

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
So far about 90% pass rate with those 3 things. I only know 1 person that was not reinstated with them, and he was selling custom tshirts that he could not provide invoices for, since they were designed and made in-house

I would have promptly became a company and supplied myself with tshirts and invoices.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
elmo (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaogio7 View Post
i see the appeal button, is this about the items or something else?
Not much else you can do if appeal has failed.