bought an item on amazon but seller giving me hard time to return - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%

@nobody999 the mystery item is a vaccum about $125 or so....not a really big deal

Why would you buy a vacuum on AZ from a 3rd party seller anyway? you in a wheel chair or something? lol I would of just gone down to Walmart, at least there you know you got a 90 day money back garantee and don't have to worry about messing up a seller's profile.

@stealth Rule #1: Customer is Always Wrong.
Rule #2: If Customer is not Wrong, see Rule #1.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
i went out and bought another one but it was not the same model. the mystery item is a vaccum about $125 or so....not a really big deal, but i hate this company for giving me such a hard time to send item back.
regarding the itrader.....that person sold me a "list" which was not as agreed upon, but i paid them anyways, i think aspkin got involved and helped me sort this out, it was a while back....GB gave me a neg. for being uncooperative with that member.....getting off track here...
Tut!Tut! about the itrader. Fair enough not for here but you know, I know that you are twisting words to maintain your image. Leave aspkin well out of that scenario too.

Back to the thread:
nobdy999, are you saying (indirectly) that you made a purchase from amazon AND did not read the terms & conditions that the seller had?
That you spent US$129 of your money for an item and were not aware of what might happen if there was a problem?
Did you assume the seller would go along with your demands? (Not saying you cant have them but at the very least have a basis for them).

Moving onto the break-down of said item. Out of the blue this item from the nameless corporation malfunctions. How did you think the item was going to be returned to the seller? Isn't it closer to the point your nose was put out of joint when the seller would not go along with your requests.... on the basis that they had a policy in place BUT you had not checked that.....
Cake & eat it comes to my mind.
You sell items yourself. Do you have a policy for buyers to read to cover refunds? Bet you do... yet you brought and did not check. Yes it was a pain the item stopped working but you have a part in this as well.
Dont buy in future unless you know the sellers' policies for refunds & returns.
And seriously.....
PEACE & MUNGBEANS
Old 09-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
@nobody999 the mystery item is a vaccum about $125 or so....not a really big deal

Why would you buy a vacuum on AZ from a 3rd party seller anyway? you in a wheel chair or something? lol I would of just gone down to Walmart, at least there you know you got a 90 day money back garantee and don't have to worry about messing up a seller's profile.

@stealth Rule #1: Customer is Always Wrong.
Rule #2: If Customer is not Wrong, see Rule #1.
i always find buying online more convenient, and the price was pretty good.
it's not my intention to mess up a seller's profile, but as many of the posters agree, this company deserved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Tut!Tut! about the itrader. Fair enough not for here but you know, I know that you are twisting words to maintain your image. Leave aspkin well out of that scenario too.

Back to the thread:
nobdy999, are you saying (indirectly) that you made a purchase from amazon AND did not read the terms & conditions that the seller had?
That you spent US$129 of your money for an item and were not aware of what might happen if there was a problem?
Did you assume the seller would go along with your demands? (Not saying you cant have them but at the very least have a basis for them).

Moving onto the break-down of said item. Out of the blue this item from the nameless corporation malfunctions. How did you think the item was going to be returned to the seller? Isn't it closer to the point your nose was put out of joint when the seller would not go along with your requests.... on the basis that they had a policy in place BUT you had not checked that.....
Cake & eat it comes to my mind.
You sell items yourself. Do you have a policy for buyers to read to cover refunds? Bet you do... yet you brought and did not check. Yes it was a pain the item stopped working but you have a part in this as well.
Dont buy in future unless you know the sellers' policies for refunds & returns.
And seriously.....
PEACE & MUNGBEANS
i have bought many many items on amazon, and i rarely ever return an item...but the item was defective.....and i actually do not have a return policy on amazon.....but yeah, next time i'm going to read over carefully before purchasing anything online. what would you do in this situation?

Last edited by SaiJin; 09-04-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Apply this and only this:

CAVEAT EMPTOR, let the buyer beware.

I got 'stung once' on ebay when that wonderful company first started. I fell for the bargain price of some items. Postage was SO expensive that even at full retail the items did not match postage charge.
LESSON: READ THE SMALL PRINT BEFORE BUYING
As Hannibal Lecter said 'Save yourself,kill them all'
There is not one item being sold anywhere that is worth the cost of problems.
Given we all do on-line trading an extra minute to read & check policies is pertinent and sensible
Old 09-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
i always find buying online more convenient, and the price was pretty good.
it's not my intention to mess up a seller's profile, but as many of the posters agree, this company deserved it.......

Do NOT Kid Yourself,,,Posters Agree that a Seller should Take back a defective Item,,,Hell, I Agree with That,,,,But the Fact that you Threw out the Packaging and You DO NOT expect to be Penalized in some way by the Seller is DISGRACEFUL,,,Plain and Simple,,,

What do you expect the Seller to do with the Vacuum??,,,Of coures you Do NOT CARE,,You have Got a "Not my Problem" Attitude,,,,

You are Going to Stick some Poor guy with a Useless Vacuum that I FULLY Believe You Broke,,,And do NOT give me that "Big Store" B.S, And even if it is What makes Sticking them Ok as Opposed to an Individual,,,Oh I Forgot the Ol "they can afford it" Mentality,,,,

You see the Problem is YOU Not the Situation,,,,Your Attitude is that you can do as you Please,,,Throw out boxes,,,Decide you did not like it,,,Want a different color, Whatever you want, whenever you want it,,,and others have to pay the price for your Recklessness.

Here is a FACT FROM The Electronics Industry,,,15% of the Price of Consumer Electronics is a Manufactures Markup to cover Item Returns,,,When you consider that the Average Manufactures Unit Failure rate is 3.6%,,,, so that means that 96.4% of that 15% Markup covers PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!! So on a $1000.00 TV a You cost all of us here $144.00 on the TV's that we Buy!!!!

And your Attitude is "Too Bad",,,,Spoken by someone who has NO IDEA Whatsoever,,of what Business is all About,,,

Last edited by slapped; 09-04-2010 at 08:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
Burning (09-11-2010), philly387 (09-07-2010), smartshoppe (10-05-2011)
Old 09-07-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Thread has gone on long enough..

CLOSED! *hammer slammed