Amazon Suspends??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Amazon Suspends???

Well I had a great little Amazon account running for just over a month now, got a few orders out of it; however today I go to log in and it says: Amazon suspended your selling account because of performance issues or policy violations. If you would like more information, please contact Alliance at alliance@amazon.com.
What the *&^%^?? There was no email sent to me giving a reason why, just that.
Has anyone else encountered this problem with Amazon?
The weird thing is all my listings are still up, it just says this item is currently unavailable. So I have my email address on there so people can still put their orders in with me directly.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- I have been with Amazon for 3 yrs now, the first 3-6 weeks i got the message for some kind of review, but they pulled all of my listings
-- they said it was just standard. they took a solid month to release the acct,and the sales were low, i sold a $249 radar detector, and some small items,
-- Dont really know what triggered it??
-- I emailed about 50 times !!
-- I even sent them the feedback from ebay, showing i was established + my ratings were 100%.. dont know if that helped?
Old 01-30-2008

Longevity: 94%

Strange... I've been selling books and video games on amazon.ca for a few months, have sold for over a thousand dollar and I never got any limitation. Do you use legit infos?
Old 01-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Well, the weird thing is my listings are still listed, it just says product not available or no longer exists, however all of the info is still there, the pics, descriptions, etc. As I said I put my email contact right there in the description hoping that people would just contact me directly anyway to put an order in as all my products are custom built.
So, as long as I can just use them for advertisement then fine, but I don't know if it's just a delay reaction that my listings haven't been completely taken off.
EBAYHATELUV, did they give you any explanation when they took your stuff off?
Old 01-30-2008

NO, Just one morning, it was all gone..
They said in an email it was SOP,
and they also were very concerned about the Buyers leaving good fb, I emailed + emailed, and i think i got 2 or 3 out of 8 or 10 to respond, the others, nothing..
Old 01-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Why would they be concerned about the buyers leaving good feedback? It's like you're dammed if you do your dammed if you don't with these companies. Unreal.
Well I expect to wait a while to hear back form amazon alliance; in the meantime as long as my stuff comes up in searches I really don't care. My contact info is there and people can just email me directly. It doesn't actually say seller suspended, it just says product is unavailable. All the more reason for people to contact the seller directly!
Old 02-10-2008

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive payment in your bank account once amazon.com has initiated a transfer? I received an email from amazon.com on 1-31-08 that they transferred funds into my bank account and I should receive it within five banking days. I have yet to receive the payment. My banking information is correct on amazon.com site. Does it usually take this long? Any siggestions?
Old 02-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Maybe amazon has a problem with the fact that you 'make' the product to order.
They may be uncomfortable with your concept. Reckon their people had better
give you a good explanation.
Old 02-10-2008

HI- Not to Worry. Amazon is Very Faithful about the Transfers.It's a weekend.
They do NOT play the Paypal Games, telling you the transfer is in Progress, >>The, when you write checks against that account, and find...next day or so.. NOW< theyve stopped the transfer "for your protection"..
---Your money will be there. My Guess, will show up MOnday eve, Post to your acct, Tuesday morn! Let us know
Old 02-29-2008

Longevity: 93%

should take 4 business days to get to you sometimes 3 depending on the time you pull it out
Old 01-02-2009

Longevity: 88%

I thought I would bring this thread up...
I have logged in to my Amazon account. My sales are $5,000 a week. Now I received this message " Amazon.com suspended your account because of issues related to performance or policy violations."
Anyone has this happened ? and were they able to fix this ?
Old 01-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

have you tried contacting them? maybe its something you can work out.
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 87%
Default amazon suspensions

Hello,
Mostly, you will need to check you LSR ( late ship rates), if this goes above 5% amazon will start to get nervous. If your late ship rate goes above 10% they tend to pull the cord on you. In order to correct this, make sure all of your shipment information is within the expected timeframe, and email amazon, or call your CSR explaining that you are working to correct your shipping and processinf erros, and how ou are going about doing so. Once they see that you are working to, or coreecting the issue, they will reactivate your account. Beware, with amazon requesting UPS codes for most listings now, they are able to track our product down to the manufacturer/ distributor, and may start undercutting you on your items.
Old 04-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosoft View Post
I have logged in to my Amazon account. My sales are $5,000 a week. Now I received this message " Amazon.com suspended your account because of issues related to performance or policy violations."
did you issue a lot of refunds? amazon will suspend you if you do that too much
Old 04-20-2009

Default Amazon Suspension

I got suspended from Amazon for the second time three days ago.

I started listing a few DVD's but there was no room for profit as some of the prices are stupidly low , e.g James Bond - Quantum of solace (2 disc special edition) - Brand New for £ 7.99 when the cheapest retail price anywhere in the uk is £ 12 .49.

When you take out Amazon's insane Postage fees / ebay like final value fees / P & P costs a £ 7.99 sale gives you back ab out £ 6.25 .

It's f@#!$ insane -- either these idiots are selling themselves short or selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DVD's. I can guarantee Amazon is full of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DVD's .

Anyway, i had a stealth Amazon account for about three weeks selling DVD's ......... or so i thought.

I then decided to list heaps of high risk items such as Xboxes , wii's , laptops , etc.
Then bang , within 24 hours they had sent me the same suspension notice as was posted up by threadstarted.
I'm not exactly sure how they caught me , providing that they do not have access to the name on my credit card then i must of carelesly used same / simlar name / address to my old suspended account.

The way in which i was suspended proves that there are real people screening high risk accounts , they store details , i would'nt be surprised if there were people in their trust & safety departments taking down detailed notes and streing them as files to catch you in the future.

My views on Amazon are that without proof they will not suspend you which is the oposite to ebay because ebay will suspend you for blinking an eye lid.
Amazons detection / Linking methods are abviously more throughough and indepth.

Here is the letter i got from Amazon explaining my suspension:

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

This message is to inform you that we have blocked your Amazon.co.uk seller account. Your open listings have been cancelled and you are no longer able to sell on our site.

We have taken this action because it has come to our attention that this account is related to an account which has been previously blocked for violations of our Participation Agreement.

While we do not provide detailed information on how we link related accounts, we have thoroughly reviewed our records and have confirmed we have significant evidence that this account is related to another account previously closed for violations of our Participation Agreement.

If you still have items to dispatch, please take appropriate steps to resolve your pending sales. Your seller account will remain accessible and you are encouraged to refund or dispatch pending orders.

Any funds that were in your account at the time of closure are on temporary hold pending the resolution of your sales. Funds are generally held for 90 days and will be released minus any unresolved chargebacks or A-to-z claims filed against your account.

While we appreciate your interest, please understand that the closure of an account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Thank you for your understanding of our decision.

Warmest regards,

Seller Performance
Amazon.co.uk

Please note that this e-mail was sent from an address which does not accept incoming mail.
In order to contact us please visit our help pages on Amazon.co.uk under Help > Marketplace Selling FAQs > "Contact Seller Support by e-mail" and select "Respond to Seller Performance" from the subject line drop down menu.
================================================== ======== ========================

The crazy thing about all this is that on both my suspended accounts i only ever sold 2 dvd's (Both were real)
Thereason i got suspended initially was because on my initial account i listed a lot of items which went out of stock so i had to issue refunds.
Half of the buyers left negative feedback (like the twa.ts they are).
Regardless of the bad feedback i recieved if you give too many refunds amazon will suspend you - and thats what they did for me.

Overall i managed to get two suspended accounts and sold only 2 items - with no profit and a lot of effort.
This sort of treatment makes me realise why scammers want to rip off the likes of ebay and Amazon.

At the end of the day unlucky people like me are the ones taking the brunt of Amazons attacks when the people they should be catching are the REAL SCAMMERS - THE PROFESSIONAL SCAMMERS & FRAUDSTERS who are wise up to all amazons security measures anyway.

Last edited by crazed_ebayer; 04-20-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosoft View Post
whoa! what were you selling?
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

From my own observations (my opinion based on personal experience), Amazon has bots that crawl around looking for spikes in revenue, spikes in number of items listed, and more. The bot sets a flag on your account. A person will come along and manually review your account. Depending on their findings, the may cancel individual items or maybe all of your listings. They may suspend you and they may only freeze your account pending more review.

If you have a listing or all of your listings cancelled, my advice is to log into Amazon. Then read a bunch of help pages related to listing. Then read the policy pages again. Just like you were a person who really cared. Stay on each page long enough to seem like you actually WERE reading. You gotta make it plausible. Then let things cool off.

DO NOT initiate any contact with them. Let them contact you. If you don't hear anything after several days, go back and review your inventory. Check any of the comments you entered on each item in inventory.

Amazon has this thing about listing EXACTLY what the predefined description says it is. So, if a DVD set says it comes with a booklet, don't say in your item comment that the booklet is not included with your item. If you don't have the booklet, don't list. They hate it and they will hate you. Even if you are listing your item as used, if it doesn't come with a used booklet, don't list it if the predefined description says it is supposed to have the freakin' booklet.

Also, Amazon will automatically put every account under review and cancel listings at some point (usually pretty soon after the account starts selling). Partly, this is to see how you deal with adversity. Kindof an underhanded test of your ability to cope. It is supposedly (they won't officially say so) a reflection of your ability to deal with potential customer service issues. Basically, psych profiling.

Play it cool. Pretend you care. Do what rational and reasonable people would do. Don't flip your wig inside out.
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 91%

LOL! This is becoming interesting!
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Oh, if you like, I could go on and on about Amazon...
Old 04-20-2009

Default Amazon

Rather than read through a lot of tosh on Amazon suspension help pages i think next time i will learn from my mistakes and open a 100 % completely stealth account :D

Remember , Amazon only suspended me when they found the proof that my account was linked to a previously suspended account .
This is the exact opposite to ebay , ebay will suspend accounds for anything.

I do hate ebay's 21 days money hold rule and it is causing me loads of problems but i have to say i think they've put a nail in the coffin of the ebay scammers / fraudsters.

How are you meant to scam when virtuallay every item is classed as high risk and the 21 day hold is imposed .

From now on scammers like ebay member alisher71 are no more .
(WORST EBAYER EVER !! -- TAKE A LOOK AT THE PROFILE ON EBAY)

Can anyone see a future for scammers on ebay because i can't .

The scammers will all moved house to amazon .

Last edited by crazed_ebayer; 04-20-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

In order to successfully scam, it seems you have to become a buyer. That's where the money is...
Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I agree that Amazon has personal review of accounts. If you have been warned, but tell them you are sincerely sorry and outline your plan for improvement, you may escape the crushing fist of suspension. Since it's more difficult to stealth on Amazon, why not let those new accounts sit for a bit. Don't try to sell $10,000 the first week. That seems to be the #1 reason for suspension. Heck, if I ran Amazon's trust & safety and a new seller just sold $5000 the first day, I would be suspicious too. Just saying...