Excited! Working on Amazon for the 1st time. Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-08-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Excited! Working on Amazon for the 1st time. Question

I finally got the time to get started on Amazon. I have never sold on Amazon so I am learning as I go.

Looking at getting started I see you pretty much have to sign up for the 39.99 per month so I got that.

My question that I cannot find the answer to is how items are shipped.

Does Amazon have the access to click and ship?

If so, do they hold the shipping funds when getting paid and do I have to pay out of pocket or the shipping cost? If that is the case I might as well use stamps com or someone right?

Any help appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2012

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I finally got the time to get started on Amazon. I have never sold on Amazon so I am learning as I go.

Looking at getting started I see you pretty much have to sign up for the 39.99 per month so I got that.

If so, do they hold the shipping funds when getting paid and do I have to pay out of pocket or the shipping cost? If that is the case I might as well use stamps com or someone right?

Any help appreciated!
All questions you just asked can be answered on Amazons Website on how to get started selling. You should read it.
Old 01-08-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by error View Post
All questions you just asked can be answered on Amazons Website on how to get started selling. You should read it.
Wow, thanks for the help.

I will make sure when you need ebay help I will direct you to ebays website.
Old 01-08-2012

Longevity: 80%

you can print labels for USPS through amazon or you can export orders or link to 3p software that imports orders and lets you print labels from it.

Best of luck to you and dont do anything stupid...
Old 01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
you can print labels for USPS through amazon or you can export orders or link to 3p software that imports orders and lets you print labels from it.

He already has. He has started a selling account on a platform where he failed to read the basic getting started information.
Old 01-08-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by error View Post
He already has. He has started a selling account on a platform where he failed to read the basic getting started information.
Listen. If you have nothing good to say then stay the heck out of the thread.

What do you have to offer? I spent a ton of time here helping others on ebay and I never refer anyone to ebays website.

So not reading or understanding the shipping is something stupid? For your information smart azz I did read and did not understand the difference in sending a group to Amazon fulfillment or how print labels.

How about finding the simple answer and linking it here so I can read it since you seem to not want to help.

And I am not a HE, did you not READ my user name Sandy? When was the last time you knew a man named Sandy?

If you had taken the time to read my post I help people and or send them to the place they can get help, if not I tell them to read and what to look for.

If you and your 23 post come across as being a useless non helping member then I suggest you find something else to do.

Based on this post of yours, you really have the nerve to believe I did something stupid. Maybe it is you who needs to slow down and do things right the first time.

I have many accounts deleted so far, and who knows how many more as the dates for disbursement aren't up so I haven't logged into them yet.
Old 01-08-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Thank you!

I wont, it is real account and I do not sell vero.

What I did not want to do is something stupid and start listing and sell items and not know exactly what to do about printing.

I appreciate your input.
Old 01-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Default @Sandy D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post

Any help appreciated!
I think I understand your questions. I have been on Amazon for a while now and I'm currently learning ebay.

Q)Does Amazon have the access to click and ship?
A)If by "click and ship" you mean "confirm shipment" they do. That would be the screen where you can confirm shipment,purchase discounted postage,select delivery method and input tracking info. Unless you decide to use a service they call FBA. Which is Fulfillment by Amazon. Which is when you just ship your inventory to a FBA warehouse and they do all the order shipping for you for a fee.

Q)If so, do they hold the shipping funds when getting paid and do I have to pay out of pocket for the shipping cost?
A)I now know, on Ebay they will provide up to 15% immediately to help cover shipping. With Amazon,they do not provide or make available no funds to help cover shipping cost. On Amazon you must pay out of pocket to ship.

hope I was able to answer your questions,if not, just let me know if you need clarification on anything.Perhaps I may have misunderstood your question. Good Luck !!
Old 01-09-2012

I started up my account less then two weeks ago, the site is very very confusing to me,
quite frankly, I don't know how they stay in business.. The format structure is totally different then any thing I have ever sold on.

What I can tell you is, I ship via FedEx, and so far I just enter the tracking number, they don't seem to look into it all that much.. I guess like PP, as long as there is a tracking # it's all good..

Wish I had more to contribute - Best Of Luck To Ya!
Old 01-09-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyUnlimited View Post
I think I understand your questions. I have been on Amazon for a while now and I'm currently learning ebay.

Q)Does Amazon have the access to click and ship?
A)If by "click and ship" you mean "confirm shipment" they do. That would be the screen where you can confirm shipment,purchase discounted postage,select delivery method and input tracking info. Unless you decide to use a service they call FBA. Which is Fulfillment by Amazon. Which is when you just ship your inventory to a FBA warehouse and they do all the order shipping for you for a fee.

Q)If so, do they hold the shipping funds when getting paid and do I have to pay out of pocket for the shipping cost?
A)I now know, on Ebay they will provide up to 15% immediately to help cover shipping. With Amazon,they do not provide or make available no funds to help cover shipping cost. On Amazon you must pay out of pocket to ship.

hope I was able to answer your questions,if not, just let me know if you need clarification on anything.Perhaps I may have misunderstood your question. Good Luck !!
Thank you!

You hit it right on. The out of pocket shipping cost was part of the question.

I appreciate your input and if you have any questions about ebay please pm me I will be more then glad to help.
Old 01-09-2012

Longevity: 76%

Sandy, Amazon can be quite a good earner. I have been using it for a couple of months, and building it up slowly. I run it alongside a "few" eBay accounts and the money is good when combined together.

I don't use a stealth Amazon yet, just a real Amazon account. Once you get past the first initial velocity limit, they leave you alone for a good while provided buyers are happy and your metrics are good. It is very easier than EB and PP to run, as the in-house payment processing is much more straight forward and simple. Fees are all taken care by them too...

Good luck.
Old 01-09-2012

Longevity: 74%

All I know that you can ship thru Amazon by USPS. Just click on buy shipping and fill out the required information. I personally like it better, you just drop off the packages at the post office,no standing online.
@satori-It must be heavy items that it worth to you to ship Fedex or you get a business discount other then that if you are just doing it to satisfy customers,they dont really care. Unfortunately.
Old 01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boszika View Post
@satori-It must be heavy items that it worth to you to ship Fedex or you get a business discount other then that if you are just doing it to satisfy customers,they dont really care. Unfortunately.

Yes, I have a business account, and being that my first two sales EVER, were iPhone 4, I wanted to ensure the utmost satisfaction.. Unfortunately I spent $40 for overnight two weeks ago, and yet to receive feedback. Apparently I or any one else is much much better off using simple priority mail. 2-3 days ANYWHERE.
Old 01-15-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yea me!!

Sold my first item on Amazon and then 7 more sales tonight.

Listed 20 items and sold 8 already.

I am working on Amazon Sunday eve hoping to list several hundred items by tomorrow night.

Thanks to those who helped and offered help, I appreciate it.

Anyone use the scan idea of listing like or similar items to make it easier and quicker to list?
Old 01-15-2012

Longevity: 75%

Well done Sandy - I'm with you on this one as I'm just starting to learn Amazon.

I just hope my EB knowledge doesn't drop me in it somehow

Best of luck with it - way to go!!
Old 01-15-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Well done Sandy - I'm with you on this one as I'm just starting to learn Amazon.

I just hope my EB knowledge doesn't drop me in it somehow

Best of luck with it - way to go!!
Good luck to you also.

Seems to be easier once you get the hang of it. And I dont have to deal with pp and the eb nasty professional buyers (so far ).

Still learning but excited to keep listing away today and see how it goes.
Old 01-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Good Luck to you on Amazon Sandy,,As far as shipping goes,,as long as USPS is your cup of Tea, then all you need to do is Click the "Buy Shipping" Button once you sell an Item,

Unless the Items that you are selling cost more to ship than what amazon allows you for shipping Plus the cost of the item then you will never have a Problem to pay Amazon for the shipping.

The Reason for that is that is, Amazon will not make that money available to you unless they have a Tracking number for that specific sale,,They do not care if you get the tracking number from some where else of Buy the postal label from them.

Now that you have made your first sale you will see this CLEARLY,,as soon as you click the "View Unshipped orders button" you will Immediatly see the "Buy Shipping" and "Confirm Shipping" buttons (Confirm Shipping is what you click when you have a tracking number that you purchased from somewhere else, like Stamps.com)

It will be "Old Hat" in NO TIME
Old 01-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Well laid out by Slapped.
Old 01-16-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Good Luck to you on Amazon Sandy,,As far as shipping goes,,as long as USPS is your cup of Tea, then all you need to do is Click the "Buy Shipping" Button once you sell an Item,

Unless the Items that you are selling cost more to ship than what amazon allows you for shipping Plus the cost of the item then you will never have a Problem to pay Amazon for the shipping.

The Reason for that is that is, Amazon will not make that money available to you unless they have a Tracking number for that specific sale,,They do not care if you get the tracking number from some where else of Buy the postal label from them.

Now that you have made your first sale you will see this CLEARLY,,as soon as you click the "View Unshipped orders button" you will Immediatly see the "Buy Shipping" and "Confirm Shipping" buttons (Confirm Shipping is what you click when you have a tracking number that you purchased from somewhere else, like Stamps.com)

It will be "Old Hat" in NO TIME
As usual you are so much help.

Appreciated!
Old 01-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Exclamation Channelgrabber on Amazon would all accounts they set up link as they use one IP Addy

Hi guys,

So i am planning on using channelgrabber for my Amazon account but i did get worried as Amazon Links accounts via IP addresses, I asked channelgrabber if by setting up all these accounts from their offices - ie all these accounts would be linked to their office ip address - they would be compromising all these accounts and if one gets shut down, Amazon would therefore shut them all down as they are all linked via the same IP address!
Channelgrabber told me that this isnt the case and they dont just use IP address to link solely!

Also if you are a drop shipper and use channelgrabber for mutiple accounts can amazon link accounts via channelgrabber!

I know i sound paranoid as hell but i have read some real horror stories about accounts getting shut down and i just need to be safe!

Thanks
Old 01-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Smile

Quote:

packing partner is a good software for this...
Old 01-16-2012

Longevity: 72%

Hello, one thing about selling on Amazon is MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY OMG ANY A-Z CLAIMS. It seems like A-Z claims hold more weight on your account then negative feedback. I have my ODR at .5% for most of my account life and 500+ sales later a couple A-Z claims were opened and raised it to 1.35% and I was suspended. On Amazon, you basically have to give the buyer a full refund if they claim anything wrong with the product, be aware.