Restoring computer to avoid linking? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Restoring computer to avoid linking?

I created an amazon account in feb of this year. It just got suspended...I was wondering, to avoid linking, can I restore my computer to a point before the date the account was made and avoid any linking via the computer?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2012

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to adrianr03 Send a message via Yahoo to adrianr03 Send a message via Skype™ to adrianr03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
I created an amazon account in feb of this year. It just got suspended...I was wondering, to avoid linking, can I restore my computer to a point before the date the account was made and avoid any linking via the computer?

just use virtual machine to run Amazon Stealth accounts and if the account goes bust install a fresh copy of windows 7 again on virtual machine for new account
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

If you use Window's build in System Restore, then no. That will only roll back software changes and will not wipe cookies and whatnot.
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

...or you can create VMWare OS's
Old 07-04-2012

Longevity: 68%

Amazon links to your mac address - cookies, flash cookies, etc. then when you create the account and start selling your items... if you use the same photos from the same location on your computer, they even link you that way.

and that's just to start...
Old 07-06-2012

Longevity: 74%

just make a new vm and always change your router mac and your computer mac using smac or something similar. it takes about 15 seconds to swap mac from one vm to another
Old 07-06-2012

Longevity: 70%

$200 netbook solves all problems.....
Old 07-06-2012

Longevity: 87%

C'mon guys? all you have to do is make a new user on your PC lol, thats it.
Old 07-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
Your going to buy a netbook every time you create a new account?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post

If your account is important to you, my viewpoint is a dedicated laptop per account. On this laptop, nothing, I mean NOTHING is allowed on it except for ebay, etc. This allows cookies, etc, without worries.

I use another laptop for banking, etc. On dedicated laptop, I don't have to worry about opening emails from ebay, switching IP, as that also is dedicated. For me, this really is the only solution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norma For This Useful Post:
been_there (07-07-2012), TeamUp (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by download3000 View Post
C'mon guys? all you have to do is make a new user on your PC lol, thats it.
This will not work at all... a different user still goes through the mac address, and if you have a Static IP, you can forget it.

I got me a new tablet, new name, address, bank info, pre-paid cc, pre-paid cell phone, etc.

If you don't completely start all over, you will get linked! guaranteed!
Old 07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by norma View Post
If your account is important to you, my viewpoint is a dedicated laptop per account. On this laptop, nothing, I mean NOTHING is allowed on it except for ebay, etc. This allows cookies, etc, without worries.

I use another laptop for banking, etc. On dedicated laptop, I don't have to worry about opening emails from ebay, switching IP, as that also is dedicated. For me, this really is the only solution.
You are absolutely correct... 10000%

This is exactly what I have done, my laptop/tablet is dedicated to amazon only, nothing else. I never let it get on the internet at my house, I had to get me an office & move my business there, it is costing me 500.00 extra a month, but beats the alternative.

Slip up one time, and you've lost another account... It is too hard to get another account and keep it. I don't take the chance!

Old 07-07-2012

Quote:

If you are legit and dont create a new account every month, because you get suspended, then yes. I have about a dozen netbooks for each account, and never had any issues.
Old 07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by been_there View Post
You are absolutely correct... 10000%

This is exactly what I have done, my laptop/tablet is dedicated to amazon only, nothing else. I never let it get on the internet at my house, I had to get me an office & move my business there, it is costing me 500.00 extra a month, but beats the alternative.

Slip up one time, and you've lost another account... It is too hard to get another account and keep it. I don't take the chance!

that is my next major project, renting office space for 2 more accounts, each with everything dedicated, including phone lines. It is a bit of money, but tax deductible. This is my main income, & I'm dead serious about it.
Old 07-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by norma View Post

That is absolutely silly and incredibly uneconomical. Have you guys heard of something called "virtual machines"? What's the point of wasting money and buy new hardware just for new accounts? There are limits on what eBAy/Amazon can see anyways and a virtual machine is more than enough for these purposes.

Last edited by BiN4RY; 07-07-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2012

Quote:
That is absolutely silly and incredibly uneconomical. Have you guys heard of something called "virtual machines"? What's the point of wasting money and buy new hardware just for new accounts? There are limits on what eBAy/Amazon can see anyways and a virtual machine is more than enough for these purposes.
You are right, it is not economical to buy a new pc for every account. But if you got it like that, then go buy another computer!

I think people go this route because:

A. They are too scared that they might slip up and make one wrong move, then BOOM that is it....suspended.

B. It is easier to manage different accounts with different computers. You can label the outside of the computer Ebay, Amazon, etc.

C. Remeber, not everybody is as tech savvy as you are! They probably don't know how or don't want to learn how to make a virtual machine. Also, don't forget that you do have to purchase an authentic key for the OS that you are using
Old 07-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUp View Post
B. It is easier to manage different accounts with different computers. You can label the outside of the computer Ebay, Amazon, etc.

C. Remeber, not everybody is as tech savvy as you are! They probably don't know how or don't want to learn how to make a virtual machine. Also, don't forget that you do have to purchase an authentic key for the OS that you are using
You can easily rename a virtual machine, and making one isn't hard at all to be honest. You don't nessearily need to buy another authentication key as there are plenty of alternatives to work around it, even if you don't want to use a third party program to activate Windows. OS X and Linux does not need activation at all for a start.
Old 07-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
I have one, but what is the difference with the Netbook?
Thanks!
Old 07-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
I have one, but what is the difference with the Netbook?
Thanks!
No difference, use a VM instead. It's mentioned everywhere on the forum and Amazon Ghost that VMs are the best solution for Amazon in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
waterproof (07-24-2012)
Old 07-08-2012

A new netbook will give you a 100% clean and unused computer for creating a new account, but if the products your selling will lead to a suspension than it is not worth it.
Old 07-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
A new netbook will give you a 100% clean and unused computer for creating a new account, but if the products your selling will lead to a suspension than it is not worth it.
A new "VM WARE OS" will give you a 100% clean and unused computer for creating a new account, but if the products your selling will lead to a suspension then it "IS" worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to shoot2kill For This Useful Post:
TeamUp (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
I agree. waste of money, and resources