Amazon Forum - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Amazon Forum

Who thinks it might be time for an Amazon forum?

I sure do b/c I am now investigating how to open a new Amazon account. My amazon account was banned today for refunding to many buyers.

The first day I listed on amazon about a month ago I sold a bunch of items. I had to refund a few because the profit margin was too low. I dident realize amazon takes over 15% of the sale, and I dident think I would sell so many items so fast. So today I received an email stating that my amazon account is permanently banned for canceling to many orders.

This PERMANENT suspension all sounds like a bunch of crap to me and I have sent amazon an email. I will see how that goes.

But for the time being I wouldent mind having a few amazon accounts along with my few ebay accounts.

Does anyone know how they operate and if this is possible.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Amazon accts very similar to ebay accts--I you get the Ebay Stealth Book-- apply this--and you will have yourself a new amz acct.
God luck

p.s. The REASON--they do not want disappointed customers--so if it was a $100 item--you just gave up your acct for 15 bucks??

EVEN 10 of those refunded, thats $150--its gonna cost you twice that now in time and EFFORt to create a new one and ALWAYS be underground...
Old 07-07-2008
Threadstarter  

That is good news. I will give it a go. I already own the Stealth Book, I will use that as a reference.

As for the suspension, it still surprises me that they would suspend my account like that. Knowing that I was a new seller and only sold items on the first day of posting my items. I posted items at 2 am and had +10 orders by 5pm! I just dident do the math on one item that sold and dident think it was worth it to invest so much money for such a small profit. Looking back on it, of course I would have satisfied the customers.

You live you learn, hopefully they will understand my view and reinstate my account.

What chaps my ass even worse is the fact that they think they should hold my funds for not 5, not 30, not 50, not 70, but 90 MORE days! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE! A customer is going to complain in atleast the first 15 days if they have an issue. For them to hold my funds for 120 days is criminal.

Makes me wonder if you can buy an item like a camera from someone on amazon and return it 4 months down the road.

Its unfortunate you cant go to amazon and just look at these people like they are from another planet and ask them what they are thinking.
Old 07-07-2008

HI:
They use the Credit Card Processing RULES--i.e. the Mastercard and Visa Rules--which gives customers up to 90 days to dispute..
Old 07-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Please understand that the closure of an account is a permanent
action and our decision concerning this matter is final. Thank you
for your understanding with our decision.

Unbelievable.

Aspkin, I think you should start to cater to the Amazon Stealth market. Its untouched and if this is how they operate, people are getting suspended faster than ebay.
Old 07-07-2008

Longevity: 92%

An Amazon forum? That's a great idea. I have a question to those who currently use Amazon. I wanted to know how to sell on Amazon UK if you reside in the US. I know Amazon UK requires the following:

-UK Bank Account
-UK Address
-UK Phone Number
-Uk Credit Card

I have the bank account, address, and credit card covered. Regarding the phone number, I use tollforwarding. Is that good enough? Or do I need to get a UK prepaid cell phone? I've been trying for weeks to be able to sell. I initially pass the verification, but within hours my accounts get closed for the following reason->we do not believe that you are located in the UK.

Any help from sellers who have done this process would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Thx
Old 07-08-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I have been searching high and low for an amazon forum, doesn't exist!! As of now I feel like I have my ebay accounts under control, still trying to figure out the CCnow linking to ebay. I signed up for ccnow with my real info (which has been banned from ebay) and now I am unsure if I need to sign up another one??? Does CCNOW info need ot match the ebay/paypal user info and address?

So back to amazon,
What I have learned so far in a few weeks: I had about 4 accounts suspended in the matter of about 4 days, they said that they linked them to an account that was closed for policy violations.

I had my first account, was doing well, sold like 50 items in like 2 days and then it was limited and they said they aren't paying for 90 days so I refunded people and then it was suspended. I had signed up another account during this time and they shut that off immediatly because it was linked to the first one ( I didn't know you can't have 2 accounts) this was before I found this forum and eBay Stealth!!
So then I started creating new accounts, all was going well and then in 2 days I had 3 accounts shut off. These are the only things that I can think of as to why because I change IP everytime, all gmails, firefox, no cookies, everything....

I went to the bank and opened 5 new accounts all at once. SO all of the accounts numbers were exactly the same except the last 2 numbers. I also bought 5 gift cards together so again, all the numbers are almost the same.

I am assuming that they realized this because I signed the accounts up over about a weeks time and they are all within 30 miles from eachother.

The only account that is still ok so far, I happened to use a different bank from the other 4. So I am crossing my figures that that one will be okay.

Oh and one other thing that happened to me, on one of the accounts I had listed a set of dvd's. I listed at the lowest price and within 5 hours i received like 4 emails from sellers saying that I was selling bootleg and that I would be reported and kicked off soon. So I called amazon and they said that I am fine and that sometimes sellers are like that. Within 2 hours my account was closed. I called them again and they said to report the sellers and to email seller performance. I did and nothing. SO I called one more time and she said to emil jeff@amazon and describe in detail what happened. Jeff is the CEO and his staff will read the email and hopefully help. NOPE!! NOTTA. They said that is was a permanent decision. All because of some assholes! So be careful on there! Just match prices, don't undercut. Hope this helps.
Old 07-08-2008

Longevity: 93%

The amazon forums are on Amazon itself.

PS - Seller, you need to be careful about not fulfilling orders. If you list an item for sale at a set price, you have to sell that item. It's basic business law. The fact that your profit margin was not high enough is not a legal argument for not fulfilling your orders....

Please do not take this the wrong way, but you need to learn what gets you suspended or it will keep happening.....

Aspkin does a god job of explaining that in his book.....
Old 07-08-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Oh, someone is paying attention.
Old 07-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the pointer. I guess I just dident realize they would PERMANANTLY BAN my account if I refunded a few buyers. Looks like I am going underground amazon as well.
Old 07-08-2008

Trying to open a new Amazon account by using the same method as opening a new ebay account doesn't work. They somehow still link the accounts. Ive tried twice and I was suspended (linked to a suspended account) and im going to try again from a work computer that no one uses, thats the only thing that was the same was the computer I used.

I also tried to contact them but they said their decision was final. The other sellers on Amazon are ruthless when you beat their prices. I got a bunch of nasty emails telling me to up my prices or else they would "turn me in." Turn me in for what? Selling at the lowest price? In a way its the same as ebay, a competitor can get you shut down just by contacting Amazon. I wish they would tell you who it is though.

I agree about the Amazon section. It seems there are enough people with the same Amazon problem. Amazon was awesome till I got the boot. Hopefully we can find a way to get a new Amazon account w/o being linked.
Old 07-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Ya I am still just recovering from the blow. I wasent going to sell anymore until I saw my funds, so I raised the prices. I might try to open an account at work as well and see how that goes. The good thing is you really never need to login to your account. All information needed after the sale is sent to your email.
Old 07-08-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Lizard King: I believe that there is a way some how to open a new account. Of the 6 that I tried to open after getting the boot, 1 is actually still on. I sold about 5 items and shipped them out a week ago. I am not doing a thing with that account until I know that my funds will get released. I sent a nice note to customers asking them to leave feedback so amazon will see that I am a good seller. Like I said, I messed up because I used bank accounts that were all only 2 numbers different and the gift cards I used were so close too. So I do still have alittle hope, I really want to sell certain products there instead of ebay. I will keep you posted if I learn anything more.
Old 07-09-2008
Threadstarter  

You would think that if you had a new ip, credit card with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and bank account with real name you would be all set. Can they see the name on our bank accounts?
Old 07-09-2008

I doubt they can see the name on the bank, has anyone used the different user id method?
Old 07-09-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

I know that when I do bank transfers from one bank to the next, the name I signed up with the Bank also shows up under the transaction details, so I definitely think its possible for them to see the name used to sign up for the bank account.
Old 07-09-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Based on info that I got from another get back on ebay ebook i purchased, they said that by law they are not allowed to give anyone the bank info of the owner unless they are ordered by the courts. I think they are really good at looking at similarities.
Old 07-09-2008

Yeah they aren't supposed to cause of the Patriot Act, somehow they can tell its me when I make a new account. As soon as my funds get released next month im going to try some new ways at making Amazon accounts.
Old 07-17-2008

If you are selling on amazon make sure the pics you are using are not the same filenames or if you are using URLs to pull them in don't use the same URLS. Also make sure you are deleting your flash cookies as well under

C:\Documents and Settings\(your windows account username)\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\GJC7VJ52

I've been linked a few times now and I can't figure out what it is except maybe the picture filename. Everything else I use is different (IP, Name, Description, address, Different ING account, etc)
Old 07-17-2008

FYI:
I applied the MEssages/content from "THIS FORUM", and made 3 new amazon accts, when they suspended me last month--
Upon Reconsideration-they reinstated me--but in the meantime-the NEW '3" accts were up and running...
>> I made all 3 at DIFFERENT Libraries..if that helps..(they were also in different States).
Old 08-18-2008
Banned

Default What is the application process for selling electronics and cell phones on amazon

I just spoke to amazon customer support and they said you have to go through a application inorder to sell cell phones and electronics. If anyone has gone through an application please tell me some details.

Also does amazon place any restrictions or do they suspend sellers if the number of sales go up quickly?

Any tips/tricks to keep a amazon account from being suspended?

Thanks a bunch
Old 08-22-2008

Longevity: 93%

John,

They will suspend your payments account for too quick of an increase in sales. In other words, the will hold your funds from being disbursed for up to 45 days. And yes, they will easily take over 30 days to release those funds.

The real kicker is that you cannot cancel any sales or listings during this period....
Closed Thread