Aus Post Load and Go cards. - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 10-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Aus Post Load and Go cards.

Always leave a balance in your PayPal account to pay fees and refunds. Otherwise you cannot load funds from L&G into PayPal it is restricted.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2013

Longevity: 69%

It just come out this message when i log in to PayPal ask me to update my CC because it's about to expire. Do I need to?
Old 11-10-2013

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by allusionx View Post
I was just wondering, how is it possible to transfer the money in your paypal into a LG card?
My first post on aspkin so glad I can possibly add something useful.

A shame nobody else has answered this question yet, as being able to deposit PayPal to LoadnGo is one of the two most important features of this card, the other being that it can be used to verify Paypal - which apparently it can do as a credit card

As for how to withdraw money from PayPal to the LoadnGo card, posts in this thread state that it is possible using the instructions listed on the AusPost website, which you can find here

Reload your card (Load&Go) - Australia Post

That said, I'm dubious as to whether PayPal withdrawals to LoadnGo can be done. It was stated in a post earlier in this thread that this card doesn't do direct debit and so can't be used as bank account verification. If this is true, how can you withdraw funds to the card from Paypal?

Such contradictory posts suggest that either people aren't accurately describing their experiences or the functionality of this card is unreliable.

In any case, I'm considering purchasing a LoadnGo card in the near future to use with PayPal. If I do, I will report back here on my experience.
Old 11-10-2013

Yes you are able to transfer money from PayPal into L&G card (i.e withdraw money from PP into LG), I do it all the time no problems on all x 6 of my accounts.

The reverse cannot be done (except when verifying your PayPal account whereby PP withdraws two small amounts from your LG to transfer into your PP account for verification).

Apart from that you cannot withdraw funds from LG into your PayPal account.

Also, I have accepted payment from customers directly into my LG account with no problems, there is a 6 digit BSB number and ACC number attached to each card. I give this info to the customer and they pay me bypassing PayPal altogether. This works.

Another q that is brought up here (I ask this as it's never happened to me before). When a buyer puts in a claim to get their money refunded, is PP able to suck money from your LG account if there are insufficient funds from you PP account? I ask this as normally the card is restricted (i.e. meaning you CANNOT withdraw/deposit funds from LG into PP).

Anyone experienced this before?
The Following User Says Thank You to LilyPily For This Useful Post:
Thisismyusername (11-12-2013)
Old 11-10-2013

Longevity: 73%

Paypal can't take money from your bank account even if it's a normal bank account in that case.

The card can be used like direct debit from eBay using it as a credit card, so they can pull money straight from the card to pay for your eBay fees if you choose the credit card option.
Old 11-11-2013

But if there is little to no money loaded into your L&G card they can't take it out even if you have verified your Account number and CCard number.
Old 11-11-2013

Longevity: 62%

If you are operating with L&G cards you should never let your paypal balance get so low that you don't have enough money to cover at least 3 disputes a week+monthly fees.

L&G cards are very lenient and efficient with money coming into the account.(if you stay under the max limit) but if there are companies like paypal that are trying to withdraw through wire transfers then the cards get limited very quickly.

I know people that have had these L&G cards limited with their real details and have found it very hard to lift restrictions off.

Last edited by ed6587; 11-11-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyPily View Post
Yes you are able to transfer money from PayPal into L&G card
Quote:
The reverse cannot be done (except when verifying your PayPal account whereby PP withdraws two small amounts from your LG to transfer into your PP account for verification).

I suppose it makes sense that you can transfer funds to the Load&Go in the same way you can to any credit account.

For the same reason, you can only get funds out of the Load&Go account in the form of a credit card transaction or ATM cash withdrawal.

Quote:
When a buyer puts in a claim to get their money refunded, is PP able to suck money from your LG account if there are insufficient funds from you PP account?
I can't speak from experience but I would have to guess that yes, PayPal can charge your Load&Go card in this situation.

I'm hoping we can get some verification in this forum about precisely what is and is not possible with the Load&Go card.

When adding the Load&Go to PayPal as a bank account, I don't recall any explanation of whether to list it as a Cheque or Savings account (confusing since it's really neither)

I assume listing the bank as "Heritage Bank" is sufficient. Beyond that, it's quite clear that when listing the Load&Go as a bank account on PayPal you use the BSB and account number on the back of the card (listed adjacent to "Pay anyone BSB). Also, it is my understanding that we do list the cardholder name we used when verifying the card on the AusPost website.

I purchased a Load&Go card today and am currently trying to link it to my PayPal as both a bank account and a credit card. I will report back when I determine if it can be successfully added as a bank account Upon attempting to link it as a credit card, the transaction was declined and I was charged a $1 transaction fee.

I recall someone else posted about experiencing this, but don't recall ever reading a solution.

One last unrelated question - did anyone purchase their Load&Go card with cash? I am using this Load&Go card with my real identify so I have no problem paying via my debit card, but if I was trying to build a stealth account this would be a definitive link to my identity.

Also they didn't allow payment via credit, I'm sure there's a reason for that but I can't imagine what it is.
Old 11-12-2013

Longevity: 94%

The following works for me
Heritage, Heritage Bank or Heritage Building Society (it was originally a Building Society from Toowoomba in Qld).
I always use the Paypal account holder name when registering the L&G card
Occasionally get a Paypal verification rejected, try again later and had no problem.
Alway buy card with cash (I am buying these for friends so do not particularly want the cards linked back to me).
You can withdraw $250 a week, can spend the balance how you look when using card as debit card this includes sending through Paypal.
Paypal can charge the credit card to pay eBay fees etc they can not do a direct debit to the L&G bank account.
Depositing to the card can be done daily over the counter at the PO or by bank transfer.
I have found too much withdrawing from ATM gets card restricted, using the same phone number for a huber of cards gets the card restricted. I draw some money out by ATM and then spend some through Paypal and in the shops.
I stress this is from my experience (not theory), Sadly the scammers seem to be slowly stuffing up this service for those of us who a genuine users.
I can also confirm that the card (the $6.95) can be used overseas to verify foreign Paypals and to withdraw cash at ATMs, again I have done this a few months ago so not sure if has change since.
The Following User Says Thank You to craigoaus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigoaus View Post
I have found too much withdrawing from ATM gets card restricted
I wasn't aware it was possible to withdraw cash beyond the weekly $250 limit.
If you are actually able to withdraw cash beyond the stated limit, I assume that the way they enforce this limit is by limiting your Load&Go account if you fail to adhere to their $250/week withdrawal restriction.

As for using the same telephone number with several Load&Go accounts, it seems understandable that they would frown upon this, particularly where the two or more accounts linked to a single mobile number are different identities.

Off topic, but I can personally attest to the fact that Optus $2 prepaid SIM cards can be used to verify your phone with PayPal. They don't require a 'recharge' to be activated, although if you fail to add funds to the card in about a week they deactivate the SIM.

Here in Victoria you are required by law to present ID when purchasing SIM cards, but not all retailers bother enforcing this regulation (don't know off hand if this is state or federal law). I got my Optus SIM from a servo and they didn't ask to check ID, but they did at BigW. I assume smaller stores are less likely to bother asking for ID.

A few questions if you don't mind (although anyone is welcome to answer):

1. What experience have you had with your Load&Go card being limited? Do you know what caused it, and the process involved in removing the limitation?

2. Can you verify whether there is a 'hard' $250/week withdrawal limit (meaning you literally cannot withdraw more than $250 cash in any 7 day period)?

3. Did you list the Load&Go card as a Cheque or Savings account when adding it to your PayPal account? I think listed mine as a Savings account when I added it earlier today. I will confirm what works when the process is complete.

4. Some people, including myself, have been unable to register the Load&Go card as a Credit Card on PayPal. The verification transaction is declined (unsure of whether the $1 fee is actually deducted upon transaction failure)

Has anyone else experienced issues here? When verifying the card we are asked for

1. First name
2. Card type
3. Card number
4. Expiry date
5. CVC
6. Billing address

Now most of this is self explanatory; the details match that of your card. However, there is a problem regarding cardholder name. You are unable to select the cardholder surname (it is assumed to be the same as your PayPal surname).

Using my actual name (which is also the name on my Load&Go card) did not work. If you refer to the "Using your card for online purchases" instructions on the Auspost website, found here

Using your Load&Go card - Australia Post

you will see that for online purchases you are required to list name as "Valued Cardholder". We are unable to do this since PayPal has locked in the Surname to be used.

Has anyone been able to list the Load&Go card on their PayPal account? If so, how did you get around this problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to Thisismyusername For This Useful Post:
craigoaus (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013

Its only 250 a week now, this is not really a problem for me but I can appreciate this could be frustrating for others.
My phone linking should have been ok a spoke to L&G in Melb and they said it would be ok after I explained that I was buying cards for my friends overseas to use with eBay (which is 100% true) live and learn on that one.
These days using a new phone number for each card, not withdrawing a lot of cash from ATM and spending some money in shops etc seems to keep L&G happy.
Can not help on hard limit, I withdraw less than that each week... playing it safe.
Savings or cheque does not matter can use either.
Had the problem using the credit card with paypal, seems to be a glitch tried again in a few days no problem.
Thats pretty much the info asked for.
I use the same name as in the Paypal/eBay account when registering the card and never had any problems (touch wood).
The Following User Says Thank You to craigoaus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
My phone linking should have been ok a spoke to L&G in Melb and they said it would be ok after I explained that I was buying cards for my friends overseas to use with eBay
Good idea. Although one does still require a unique mobile number for each PayPal account, so a new number may be necessary if you are linking one L&G card to each PP account. Thankfully $2 prepaid SIMs are easy to come by if you can find a store that doesn't ask for ID.

Quote:
Savings or cheque does not matter can use either.
Thanks - good to put that information out there as I'm sure others will be wondering this as well.

Quote:
Had the problem using the credit card with paypal, seems to be a glitch tried again in a few days no problem.
Interesting. Knowing this, I will try again with the same method and report back.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure there are lots of people in the same situation as me, just getting into creating stealth accounts, so it's good to be able to answer some of the questions that are raised.
Old 11-12-2013

Success - I tried adding my L&G (as a credit card) card again, entering exactly the same details, and this time it worked!

To think it is this simple to verify a PayPal account anonymously, after dozens of hours spent exploring how to create aliases for virtual credit cards/bank accounts and mobile phone numbers.

Feels good.

Last edited by Thisismyusername; 11-12-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Edited for clarification
Old 11-13-2013

Just a quick post to verify that I have been able to successfully link my L&G card to my PayPal account as a bank account and a credit card.

I forgot to take note of the the time required for the verification deposits to arrive in the account, but I think it was about 3 working days. I'll pay closer attention when I make a withdrawal to the card to give a more accurate time estimate.

So yes, the L&G card can currently be linked to a stealth PayPal account as both a bank account and a credit card.

The only other barrier to PayPal account verification is a mobile number, and you can purchase $2 SIMS throughout the country. I can verify that the $2 Optus SIM does not require additional funds be added in order to activate the card, although the SIM will expire in about a week if you fail to do so - long enough if you only want to use it to verify an account, though it may be worth retaining the number for some of you.

As I believe I've stated elsewhere, it appears that you're required by law to present ID when purchasing a SIM card in most, if not all states. You can get around this by simply asking at different stores (especially small ones, or non-department stores - servos for example) until you're able to purchase one without the cashier asking for ID.

One you card is bank account, credit card and mobile phone verified, the only concern that comes to mind is HeritageBank limiting the L&G card. Obviously it will be difficult to come up with supporting documents if they ask to verify your details.

That said, I don't know how common a problem this is, or what kind of process may be involved in removing a limit from your P&G account.

I'll post about this if I have problems with it in the future.
Old 11-17-2013

Anyone figured out how the 'week' works? Whether it's 7 days or you can withdraw on Friday then again on Monday? I assume the former.. pain in the ass with so many cards having to login to so many cause I can't keep track of which one was used within the last 7 days or not
Old 11-17-2013

I work on 7 days and check the online statement for last time I made a withdrawal
Old 11-21-2013

Longevity: 64%

How do i retrieve ATM pin Without stealth phone credit?

I read that you only can get your ATM pin by using the registered phone number to sms or call and phone number ID has to show. I read this is the reason why you are required to provide a phone number at point of sale.

In the past. I have actually spent money putting credit in whatever number I registered to just so i can get the ATM pin. I am kind of sick of wasting $10 just to send 1 sms as i generally do not use the number again. Number only used for paypal/ebay and L&G

Is there any other way to get ATM pin without needing to put credit in my stealth phone? Can i sms using any phone?

Last edited by DotDot; 11-21-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2013

I just put them all under the same number then when I register the card online I change the number for each account.
Old 11-24-2013

Longevity: 62%

A $2 sim will do the trick -no need to register it -just pop it in the phone and you will be able to receive the text. Telstra.
Old 11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trains View Post
A $2 sim will do the trick -no need to register it -just pop it in the phone and you will be able to receive the text. Telstra.
You have to send the text to get it...
Old 11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
If it gets stuffed, you have to wait 180 days
Aus Paypal does not always release funds after 180 days. I write from experience. I assume they use anti money laundry law to hold the money until ID etc is supplied.
Old 11-26-2013

If you use Stealth information when you register your Load & Go card and it gets restriction you can be required to prove who you are, keep in mind anti-money laundry laws apply to these as well. As Australia Post has an ID verification system which requires you to bring your original documents into the hospital you would need supporting documents that support/confirm your stealth details. As Paypal can not see the details that you register with your Load & Go I can not really see any reason to follow rsot's advice.