Crypto Blowing Up - Page 49 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 12-09-2021

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Crypto Blowing Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
10 different cryptos actually. Thanks for your advice, but I'll listen to people who know what they are talking about, and don't change their mind every five minutes because they let their emotions control them.
You've been dying to have a go haven't you ...

You're a real obvious creep. For the past year I've noticed you love targeting me when I post something. Why are you so bothered about what I have to say ?

Jog on.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 35%
Longevity: 94%

All you have to do is read your comments on this thread to see you have no idea what you are doing. You bought high, didn't become a millionaire within two weeks, then threw your toys out the pram. It's laughable to everyone.
Old 12-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%

This Crash may have lasting impacts. China is imploding due to USA actions and that sinking ship is dragging down USA/western world that is rocky by itself.

Soon will be a great time to buy all sorts of things BTC may be one of them.
Old 12-09-2021

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Evergrande has defaulted on some US bond payments due.
This is the moment of truth for Bitcoin,amid all the financial and political troubles around the world(Russia may invade Ukraine,TUrkey lire keeps falling,tomorrow NOv inflation could be 6.9% ,pressure has been mounting on Fed speeds up tapering and raising interest rate,you see neither gold nor bitcoin have rallied
So what is Bitcoin>a safe haven for those who do not trust their governments and their fiat currency or just another risky asset?
I just came back from the store,everytime I go there,I see higher prices,
Old 12-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
You've been dying to have a go haven't you ...

You're a real obvious creep. For the past year I've noticed you love targeting me when I post something. Why are you so bothered about what I have to say ?

Jog on.
You have to admit the guy has a point friend.
And he didnt call you any names from what Ive seen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Freakzilla (12-10-2021), SaiJin (12-10-2021)
Old 12-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Evergrande has defaulted on some US bond payments due.
This is the moment of truth for Bitcoin,amid all the financial and political troubles around the world(Russia may invade Ukraine,TUrkey lire keeps falling,tomorrow NOv inflation could be 6.9% ,pressure has been mounting on Fed speeds up tapering and raising interest rate,you see neither gold nor bitcoin have rallied
So what is Bitcoin>a safe haven for those who do not trust their governments and their fiat currency or just another risky asset?
I just came back from the store,everytime I go there,I see higher prices,
You just noticed prices going up? You must be living under a rock not to have heard about the rising inflation rates. Likely more important than most of the issues you mentioned and likely a driving force behind many of them. This inflation is going to be with for awhile for all indications and is going to raise tensions around the world as countries keep fighting for limited and shrinking resources and supplies.
Old 12-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Inflation in China right now makes what we have here seem mild to say the least. I am paying $15 USD an hour for Chinese labor and soon it will be $20.00 China could not keep their power on for weeks and even more than a month in many areas.

China has had a massive real estate crash. A stock market crash and essentially brought to their knees in manufacturing.

These issue pour over into the rest of the world. The rest of the world that has issues of their own.

USA is printing one trillion dollars a month. Projected to be printing one trillion dollars a week within two years IF they slow down significantly. Odds are, it will be much sooner.

Alternatives to Fiat are going to be in high demand hence the USA new 20,000 new CRYPTO IRS AGENTS, new cryto taxes, tax rates, USA monitoring checking, savings, portfolio etc..

Add in banks cutting credit lines around the world, cutting credit limits and closing accounts. Many lenders such as Discover working hand in hand with the IRS.

I feel that soon, in most of the world, their will be fire sales. Stock market, cryto market, bullion, many facets of real estate in many areas of the world.

Then, solid crypto, bullion and hard assets will skyrocket.

I hope I am wrong because it is going to wipe out a lot of people financially for a long time but Im not and I plan to be one of the people who thrive in the end.

BTC, ETH, Silver and hard assets will be my bet.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Beautiful (12-10-2021), JamesNorth101 (12-13-2021), james_112233 (12-10-2021), rsot (12-10-2021), slokor (12-09-2021)
Old 12-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Inflation in China right now makes what we have here seem mild to say the least. I am paying $15 USD an hour for Chinese labor and soon it will be $20.00 China could not keep their power on for weeks and even more than a month in many areas.

China has had a massive real estate crash. A stock market crash and essentially brought to their knees in manufacturing.

These issue pour over into the rest of the world. The rest of the world that has issues of their own.

USA is printing one trillion dollars a month. Projected to be printing one trillion dollars a week within two years IF they slow down significantly. Odds are, it will be much sooner.

Alternatives to Fiat are going to be in high demand hence the USA new 20,000 new CRYPTO IRS AGENTS, new cryto taxes, tax rates, USA monitoring checking, savings, portfolio etc..

Add in banks cutting credit lines around the world, cutting credit limits and closing accounts. Many lenders such as Discover working hand in hand with the IRS.

I feel that soon, in most of the world, their will be fire sales. Stock market, cryto market, bullion, many facets of real estate in many areas of the world.

I hope I am wrong because it is going to wipe out a lot of people financially for a long time but Im not and I plan to be one of the people who thrive in the end.

See Agent? THAT is how its done.
I agree with every word.
Old 12-10-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%

Quote:
That's the dream

BTC/ETH/Gold decoupling from the stock market/housing

Housing crashes before BTC has a major correction to be able to liquidate some gains and diversify into real estate deals

But even if it doesn't happen, BTC/ETH are probably the fastest horses in the race in an inflationary environment
Old 12-10-2021
Executive [VIP]

Looks like another opportunity is brewing on the ETH/BTC pair.
Old 12-10-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%

Okay okay, let's all try to be civil with each other.

James, if you strip Freak's harsh tone away he is right though.
I've been very neutral and make jokes with you because I figure you gotta learn and do you yourself.

Freak... be nicer =)

Either way, no one knows what's gonna happen and we can only have an educated guess.
Crypto is like gambling.
Old 12-10-2021
Executive [VIP]

Its gambling - BUT - with a catch and a fix on your favor. As long as you have the patience you will ALWAYS make a profit.
Old 12-11-2021

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 41%

I've changed my mind again and gone all in to ETH.
Old 12-12-2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Its gambling - BUT - with a catch and a fix on your favor. As long as you have the patience you will ALWAYS make a profit.
I agree.

"Fix on your favor" you mean believe in the one coin and sticking to it?

If so yes, I double agree.

I'm not a trader so I just hold and increase.

I don't think BTC will hit 100k in 2022, maybe beginning 2023 looking at the trend and the sideway progression this year.

It's been going between 40-60k the past 6months ish.
Old 12-12-2021

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%

if Russia does invade Ukraine and US and its allies ACT,what do you think will happen to Bitcoin?

Quote:
Inflation, Inflation, Inflation!

If that happens, it is intentional and to reset the worlds economy. Due to this administrations neglect of the petro dollar, a world war is due. History always repeats itself.
UK,Europe and SE ASIAN countries are paying $35/MCF for natural gas

central Banks cannot stop printing or raise interest rates because the whole financial system would collapse.
-??,where have you been?The world is waiting for the Fed to tell us TODAY when and how much is tapering and the possible hike of interest rate next year,probably 2 hikes.
Thats why the markets are all tanking last few days

he Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) is expected to speed up the phasing out of the central bank’s Covid-19 pandemic-era asset-buying program, and is likely to signal that interest-rate increases will happen earlier than expected next year.

Investors will also scrutinize Fed Chair Jerome Powell’s words during his media conference after the meeting. A more dovish message than what markets expect would take investors by surprise. That could happen if, for example, the central bank considered that the Omicron coronavirus variant could have worse consequences for the recovery than generally expected.

“[The] biggest risk to equities remains a more hawkish shift in tone with a faster than anticipated acceleration in tapering of QE and any hints at more than two rate hikes next year,” wrote the Sevens Reports’ Tom Essaye.

Overall, the Fed is clearly removing liquidity from markets. Not only could too many interest rate hikes in 2022 damage economic growth, but there will be less liquidity flowing through the financial markets, which will cause investors to take less risk.

Read MORE
5 Stocks Perfect for Fed-Related Volatility
Buy First Citizens Stock
The S&P 500 is down 2% from its all-time high, hit on Friday. But the tech-heavy Nasdaq is down 6% from its high, hit Nov. 19. Companies innovating to create large profits many years down the line often see their stocks get hit the hardest when liquidity flowing through markets is expected to be less excessive.

With all the recent volatility in the stock market—particularly in the Nasdaq—it’s possible that a lot of the Fed’s decision has been priced in. “Equities were again weak on Tuesday, as investors remain on a buyers strike in front of the FOMC meeting,” wrote Fundstrat’s Tom Lee. “[We think this buyers strike in front of FOMC could turn into a ‘buy the event.'”

Wednesday’s economic data just muddy the waters. Retail sales rose just 0.3% in November from October, down from 1.8% and missing forecasts for a 0.8% increase. Import prices rose 0.7% month-over-month, faster than the 0.5% expected, though down from 1.6% in October.

Economists at Citigroup wrote that the strong holiday season spending was pulled forward, or seen in October, hence the disappointing November result.

The Fed isn’t the only central bank meeting this week. The Bank of England and European Central Bank will hold similar, important policy-setting meetings Thursday. European markets seem to be handling the risk well on Wednesday, however, with the pan-European Stoxx 600 index up 0.3%.

Asian stock markets ended the day in the red, with the Hang Seng Index down 0.9% and the Shanghai Composite falling by 0.4%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pca242 View Post
"Watch what they do, not what they say"

They aren't going to significantly going to raise rates, because they can't without crashing the economy.

That is why they have been talking about it, but not actually doing it.

They will let inflation run hot, eroding the purchasing power of your dollar or whatever currency you choose to save.

It is all perception my friend.
2 rates in 2022 and may be more in 2023.
2022 rate hike will start in MARCH,2022.,no big deal as rate is zero now,so 25 basis point move is not going to kill anyone except the US Government.
In 2022,those who owe student loan will start repaying ,and no more child credit or stimulus check.

he Federal Reserve on Wednesday said it will phase out its bond-buying stimulus program by March — much faster than previously planned — and signaled it would raise interest rates more aggressively to combat high U.S. inflation.

Opinion: All those doves at the Fed have suddenly become hawks

The more assertive approach comes after upward pressure on prices pushed retail inflation to the highest level in several decades. The Fed acknowledged the surprising and sustained increase in prices by banishing the word “transitory” to describe inflation from its policy statement.

In its new wording, the Fed said inflation was elevated. Prices rose at a 5% yearly rate as of October, using the central bank’s preferred PCE price gauge.

“This is a major pivot from the Fed, prompted by clearer evidence that inflation is broadening,” said Brian Coulton, chief economist of Fitch Ratings.

Opinion: Fed finally steps up to fight high inflation

Aside from worries about inflation, Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said the economy has made enough progress to justify removing stimulus that the central bank put in place early in the pandemic to prevent a major depression.

The U.S. has recovered rapidly, and the labor market is moving toward full employment, Powell said in a press conference after the Fed’s two-day strategy meeting.

New projections based on the median forecast by Fed officials see the federal funds rate rising to 0.9% by the end of 2022, to 1.6% by the end of 2023 and to 2.1% by the end of 2024.

That implies three quarter-percentage-point interest-rate increases next year, followed by three in 2023 and two in 2024.

The pace of rate increases projected by officials is somewhat faster than what they foresaw in September, when the Fed saw only one rate hike next year and its benchmark rate rising to 1.8% by 2024.

The Fed sees 2.5% as the “neutral” level of interest rates, neither pushing on the accelerator or applying the brakes of the U.S. economy.

U.S. stocks DJIA, +1.08% SPX, +1.63% moved higher after the Fed’s decision. Some analysts said the low level of projected interest rates by 2024 contributed to the market’s bullishness.

Some former Fed officials think the central bank will have to become more aggressive to tame inflation. On the other hand, many in the markets think the Fed won’t be able to raise policy rates anywhere close to 2.5%.

The Fed altered its guidance somewhat to take account of higher inflation — removing language that the monetary-policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee expects to maintain an accommodative stance until the goals of maximum employment and inflation of 2% over time are achieved.

Powell said the Fed had only preliminary discussions on when it will allow its massive balance sheet to shrink. That policy is known as “quantitative tightening.”

“We did have a first discussion of balance sheet issues [but] didn’t make any decisions,” Powell said.

Diane Swonk, chief economist at Grant Thornton, said any reduction in the balance sheet could amplify the tightening effects of rate hikes. “Powell is walking a tightrope here, wanting to dampen inflation but not derail the recovery,” Swonk said.

Former Fed officials continue to worry publicly that the Fed might be behind the curve in its effort to curb inflation.

Former Fed governor Rick Mishkin told CNBC that the Fed has let inflation escape and the central bank could have to slam on the brakes to slow it down. That would have ripple effects through the domestic economy and around the world.

Mickey Levy, chief economist at Berenberg Capital, predicted that the Fed will eventually have to raise rates well above the “dots” plotted in December.

From the archives: Fed’s ‘dot-plot’ likely to show more than one interest rate hike in 2022, Daly says

“The risk of higher inflation has certainly increased,” Powell said. ” And I think part of the reason behind our move[s] today is to put ourselves in a position to be able to deal with that risk,” Powell said.

The yield on the 10-year Treasury note TMUBMUSD10Y, 1.471% rose after the Wednesday announcement but remains well off its highs for the year. Some analysts say that is a signal the market doesn’t think the Fed will be able to follow through with its rate hikes, but Powell said overseas investors are snapping up longer-dated U.S. bonds and keeping rates low.

Omicron wont have much impact on crypto but rate hikes do.
go back to the drawing board and ask yourself why do you invest in crypto in the first place?
Do you still believe in what crypto stand for?if so stay your course or adjust your holding .(+ or -)

I am afraid some of you will be disappointed ,it will take a major event to push bitcoin to $60,000 by the end of 2021 ,we have 15 days left

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
My guess is usa is so corrupt, big corporations bribing the officials, they need interest rates at 0 percent so they can continue with their stock buy backs with basically free money, and also their leveraged buyouts of other companies for basically free. Think Microsoft buying LinkedIn with 0 percent interest rates, basically getting free printed dollars to buy another company, making a minimum monthly payment if at all, and hijacking another company. That's at least plays a part in why I think interest rates will stay at 0.
if you believe interest will stay at zero,then this is a big buying opportunity for you

The old system is clearly manipulated and creates further wealth disparity.
---------
what makes you think Bitcoin and other cryptos are not manipulated??
all it takes is for the large holders to liquidate their bitcoins holdings into fiat currency and buy empty shopping malls,warehouses,skyscrapers,residential homes,factories at firesale prices.
Any shrewd business men and women know these bargains cant last forever.

We still need a place to live and food to eat,no one can survive eating digital or virtual food or live in cyberspace.

some one just released a study on Bitcoin-0.01% accounts hold 26% of Bitcoins.
It also showed a high percentage of transactions have no economic value.

Looks like Bitcoin will be below $40k next week,it is not an inflation hedge nor is it a store of value.
you could be looking at $28K sooner than later.
Fed will stop buying treasuries and raise rate 3-4 times in 2022,first one could be as early as March 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Give it a rest ....

It's just whales trying to get in at a good price. It will bounce back up in no time.
You must be born yesterday ,give your pocket book a rest !
$28,000=twenty -eight thousand dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
And crypto is imploding across the board, I haven't been following anything.

What's been going on the last 2 days?
Global meltdown of the stock markets -inflation,recession,rate hike,political unrest,Cov 19,parts and components shortage,bottleneck,factory shutdown,plenty of cargos are still waiting to be unloaded at the docks!
$38,356 now,could easily fall another $10,000

liquidity is also another factor,it takes money to drive all markets up !
Get ready to pay higher heating bill this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer View Post
Agree with you but the point is how low we are going next time. That is the question
The consensus is $27,000,my guess is $28,000/
All eyes are on MSTR ,earnings release coming Tuesday,it has long term debt of $2.1 billions,mostly from buying bitcoins.,not from expanding its software business.
Fed said it will hike rate 3-4 times in 2022,Wall Street thinks it could be 7 hikes,MSTR does not make enough from its business to service debt,so it would have to sell some of its bitcoins.
Or issue more equity,via a secondary offering,if anyone would buy it.
TSLA also owns bitcoins,but its finance is much stronger and could afford to hold,but would have to report any impairment.

Quote:
And how much money are you putting into the market now that youre convinced of these figures you mentioned? You can make a killing y shorting BTC right? so how much you investing big man?
I am just telling you this is what some market 'experts' figure -$27K,you are entitled to your own opinion/
So far .Bitcoin behaves like other instruments such as ,gold,silver,oil,natural gas , bond,stocks.
It is not immune to such risk factors like liquidity(Fed said it will cease buying ,will raise rates ),political risk(Ukraine),inflation reaching 7% and competition coming from dividend paying stocks,strength and weakness of certain currencies (eg US $).
if you are a technician and read charts,Bitcoin has not bounced back since it fell to $47K and have a hard time staying above $40K,WHAT DOES that tell you,you decide .

now some good news to cheer you up-
Rolls Royce reports it has sold more cars to younger buyers who dabbled in Bitcoins.
Same with houses costing over $1 millions,young buyers who have made a killing in Bitcoins are buying houses worth millions.
Recently there was news of a gambler who showed up with $500 millions in a casino and was shown the door?I dont know who,where and how he got his money?

Bitcoin $38369,get out now while you still have a profit.
It will be $35,000 soon and if it falls below $30,000,it could go into $20s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
LOL I will surely do... 20$... I will buy more
El Salvador is going to spend 1/2 billion to develop a town for those who want to mine Bitcoins,free thermal power,you should be move there

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Morning chuckles

agent, you kind of remind me of Chicken Little
if Bitcoin is everything it is meant to be,it should be rising ,not falling.

Quote:
Realy?
If it falls below $30k it 'might' go into the $20s? might??? where else would it go under $30k????
Youre such a douche! LOL!
it could go to $25 if the whales decide to liquidate.

Quote:
And if it goes into the 20's it can go under $10k.
And if that happens it can go under $5k.
And if that happens it can under $1k.
And if that happens it can go down to zero.
And if that happens it can go into the negative - theyll pay YOU to take it.

But seriously I LOVE how you talk about getting out now 'while you still have a profit'. Because YOU know when everybody got in. So someone like me who got in when BTC was at $200 should get out NOW to take a profit yes?
I realy do want to know what youre smoking pal - its some high grade $hit.
All this advice coming from someone who is not even in the game (by your own admission). Peanut gallery comments are very cheap. Come talk to me when you actually have money on the line. Till then I think I speak for the majority here when I say just STFU.
----------
do what you want,good bye

Quote:
Oh I am. If I had sold where you told me id now be several percent down. Smart advice. Looking at one single point in time when its a continuum of activity is amateurish at best. Offering advice based on such observations the way you do is laughable.
If you were convinced of what you say you would be putting money where your mouth is.
Till you do that I say again - just STFU.
you sound like a tape recorder !!!!
you did not sell at $60k,you did not sell at $40k,and now you are not selling.
It is your money.do as you please

I forecasted Bitcoin will fall to $38K,Wall Street said $37K,we shall see what happens,all that tradings are done by small traders,the whales have been absent so far.

Last edited by TGMT²; 02-21-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I agree.

"Fix on your favor" you mean believe in the one coin and sticking to it?

If so yes, I double agree.

I'm not a trader so I just hold and increase.

I don't think BTC will hit 100k in 2022, maybe beginning 2023 looking at the trend and the sideway progression this year.

It's been going between 40-60k the past 6months ish.
I myself do swap trading between coins.
I trade ONLY among the top 5 coins. In the vast majority of cases I dont take risks and just trade between BTC and ETH. With the amounts involved I will not take any unnecessary risks. Once I go into one coin I stick to it until I see profit.
This method has served me well and I have seen nothing but profits.
Takes a lot of patience as sometimes it will take a few months to realize the profit - but again at the amounts Im talking it is well well well worth it...
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
SaiJin (12-13-2021)
Old 12-12-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if Russia does invade Ukraine and US and its allies ACT,what do you think will happen to Bitcoin?
Inflation, Inflation, Inflation!

If that happens, it is intentional and to reset the worlds economy. Due to this administrations neglect of the petro dollar, a world war is due. History always repeats itself.
Old 12-13-2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
I trade ONLY among the top 5 coins. In the vast majority of cases I dont take risks and just trade between BTC and ETH. With the amounts involved I will not take any unnecessary risks. Once I go into one coin I stick to it until I see profit.
Takes a lot of patience as sometimes it will take a few months to realize the profit - but again at the amounts Im talking it is well well well worth it...
I'm definitely not at that level. But maybe I should start trading a tiny bit.

I'm just assessing myself right now if this is something I want to do and not based on desperation since crypto is currently down quite a bit.
Old 12-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm definitely not at that level. But maybe I should start trading a tiny bit.

I'm just assessing myself right now if this is something I want to do and not based on desperation since crypto is currently down quite a bit.
The way I do things the prices of the various currencies mean very little since I work on the ratio between them.
Old 12-13-2021

Quote:
In the crypto world, if you have patience you can be only a Winner.
The Following User Says Thank You to @NasterXchange For This Useful Post:
slokor (12-14-2021)
Old 12-13-2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
The way I do things the prices of the various currencies mean very little since I work on the ratio between them.
Yep, that's already over my head.
Old 12-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:

Very similar to my trail of thoughts

I expect we are in for a much rougher time than 2007/08 in the next coming years. Time will tell