eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Dropshipping with Shopify website - one product only. Opinions? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/123186-dropshipping-shopify-website-one-product-only-opinions.html)

tctctc 01-14-2019 09:39 AM

Dropshipping with Shopify website - one product only. Opinions?

Hi guys,

Been researching last weeks which channel of selling to start with and recently saw a video on youtube of a guy recommending of using a website with one

product instead of multiple products, since that way has become too saturated and customers are tired of browsing of all kind of bull**** products.

Tell me your experience or general opinion on this topic.

Would appreciate somebody to give me advice on making my shopify website in a way that will differentiate from others while keeping costs low. ( If shopify is needed at all)

My design skills are minimum, to clarify.

Cheers

BigCJ 01-14-2019 01:16 PM

Re: Dropshipping with Shopify website - one product only. Opinions?

Dropshipping one item isnt going to really work UNLESS its a SUPER niche product that MASSES of people are looking for.

When you do dropshipping with thousands of items, you are putting your feelers out to potentially millions of people who are looking for 1 or 2 items and your shop has it.

The Key too dropshipping is to be on top of what everyone else is offering, even if its the same product.

oompaloompa 01-16-2019 04:55 AM

more products are always better. But you sometimes find you have a bestseller, and concentrate on that, It becomes apparent and hard to deny when it is what gets you all the sales. Accessories or extras to that one product are always a good way to go.

thepianoman 01-21-2019 06:37 PM

One item is a no no unless it is a killer. Like let's say a digital product liek a course but then again is that ds prolly not.

tctctc 01-22-2019 10:02 AM

What I meant is to use tools like zikanalytics, google trends and others to help select ONE product that has the potential to blow up one year ahead.

One shop setup will need about 300-400$ fixed costs and 100-200$ for ads.

In that way I can create several shops with one product each that I found through zikanalytics and the other tools and I have a bigger chance of having a product blowing up.

What are your thoughts on this strategy?

hypothamus 01-31-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tctctc (Post 971273)
Hi guys,

Been researching last weeks which channel of selling to start with and recently saw a video on youtube of a guy recommending of using a website with one

product instead of multiple products
Cheers

not sure about one product, but one category is a strategy that can work nicely. Say, umbrellas, or toasters, or whatever. then SEO the heck out of that one category, and make it easy to buy.

Tim007 03-31-2019 01:24 AM

The product must be unique, not being sold by other dropshippers and also have to be nice looking and solving multiple problems.

If you can find that kind of product, there's high chance of making tons on cash out of a single product store.

ken62310 04-02-2019 10:12 AM

not unless you have a niche product man.
Not easy these days

Arde 07-05-2019 06:34 PM

find a product that is making waves with influencers otherwise it's not a good idea to have just one.

agent006140 07-05-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim007 (Post 990306)
The product must be unique, not being sold by other dropshippers and also have to be nice looking and solving multiple problems.

If you can find that kind of product, there's high chance of making tons on cash out of a single product store.

I have one,I CAN turn base metal into GOLD

tsheikh 07-15-2020 12:38 PM

like pretty much everyone above me already said, its not the best idea to only have one product for a store.
There's no downside to having multiple products on your store. However, the upside is a lot more $$$.
Hope this helped a bit.

All the best!

Stinq 10-24-2020 09:25 AM

You can make one product with a few upsells too might work better