Has Anyone Received an Alibaba Order - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 10-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
I have never had a dispute on DHGATE either. Say if goods arrive from aliexpress and they are not as described i can get my money back no problem?

The seller has 16 positive feedbacks which must count for something but the item costs alot and takes up a big amount of my funds. I asked the seller if i could halve the order but the price per piece then goes through the roof.
I have Never been through the Process My self,,,,,But friends of mine who have ALL got there Money back,,,It does take TIME Though,,,You Must be prepared to wait at LEAST a Month before getting a Refund,,,But a Month is NOT uncommon,,,Most resolution Processes take about that long,,,

Old 10-04-2010

Thanks slapped
Old 10-04-2010

Longevity: 79%

Alibaba is a good source of items...but NEVER do WU/wire money unless you have a long time relationship with the seller.

Always start with PAYPAL. if they dont want to accept PAYPAL, move on, most likely they are scammers or you will get bad quality products.

Order small packages and tell them to break them down to smaller packages if they are big and send them to different address if you can...Dont put your real name on the orders if you are ordering VERO items.......

Done bussiness with few sellers from ALIBABA and have had no problems so far....
Old 10-05-2010

The only paypal accounts i have are stealth accounts which i need for ebay. If i use them on these sites i'm putting them at risk. I'm afraid i'm gonna have to pay with debit card.
Old 10-13-2010

Longevity: 78%
Thumbs down Tiresome!

I can tell you how terrible it is to order from Aliexpress. Its a scam site, they wrongly sent my order just not the first time. I am really tired of these guys. Never on time, quality is still worse. Better try Chinabuye, i am really satisfied with them. You can get variety, designs and reliable goods here. And above all shipping is absolutely free, no hazzels unlike Aliexpress.
Old 12-04-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Alibaba is great for the prices if you do the DUE DILIGENCE. Don't know what that means...you shouldn't be gettin into alibaba then.

STAY AWAY!
Old 12-21-2010

Longevity: 77%
Question

I am about to have to open a dispute with a lost package on alibaba,
It is from a long time seller i have been using,
I ordered 5 packages from them dating back to 11-28-10 many before that,
The 11-28-10 Despatch from Sorting Center since 12-1-2010 in China,
My supplier has called and no word on what happened to it,
I have gotten the rest of my 4 other orders after that already,
The last one is sitting in customs since yesterday morning,
Received another ems one yesterday as well,
All them last 4 where ordered 12-3-10 and 12-8-10 range or later,
I only have 5 days left to open a dispute and get my money back,
Just wont count on the supplier being nice and paying me back or replacing it,
Anyone else had to open a dispute of recent with alibaba,
I am sure it will go all good for me,
Thanks

Last edited by youniverseonline; 12-21-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2010

I have been working with sellers on Alibaba.com for about 2 months now. What I have learned is the feedback system is VERY important. I always arrange my results by feedback first. I have one supplier that I can trust. He has 2000+ feedback and is at about 98% feedback. Never ship with anything but UPS and/or DHL. Anything else will get caught up in customs and take 2, 3, or more weeks to arrive. Also, if anything you buy has batteries like cellphones, tablet pcs, laptops, etc. ship with DHL. These are just some of the things I have found.
Old 12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememe1972 View Post
you should only use the Aliexpress because they use escrow such as dhgate. Dont ever send western union and never use voguebagworld they will rip you off
I would agree with you 100%! Aliexpress is great. They have the feedback system that is easy to read, much more user friendly, and the escrow is very important. Suppliers know that they must send exactly what you ordered or they aren't getting their money. Also, I would recommend buying from Gold Suppliers who have a large amount of POSITIVE feedback. Never use anything but PayPal or a prepaid credit card. I use Walmart MoneyCard.
Old 05-20-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to bali Send a message via Yahoo to bali

i ever bought from alibaba.com 2 times from hongkong. all deals shipped to me
it's iphone and ipod accessories.
But i use paypal its safe me
Old 05-20-2011

Please what ever you do and other people have stated above, DO NOT use WU, or BT because if something go wrong, you'll loose.

I was almost a victim 6 yrs ago for $5000 when i did a bank transfer to complete a transaction for laptops and ipods...etc. The good thing is i had this bad feeling a day after that and i contacted my bank " BA " to put a hold on the money. The money had to be reversed from the other bank after 2 week. coming to find out that it was all a scam . Meanwhile, all these time i had people on my as* looking for their money back.

NOT A GOOD FEELING

So i will say, if you have a credit card use it , but best to use PP.

But since then, i have never had that problem with alibaba... no WU, BT,..

But probably want to to use Aliexpress to do less quantity wholesale. many payment option.
As for the brand item being " authentic " .. the answer is NO, it's either OEM or COPY...

..........i can't believe i just type all that.........am tired.....just my 2 cents
Old 06-13-2011

When I deal with anyone from Alibaba I always exchange MSN addresses and discuss it via messenger and have them link me to their websites. Of they dont have their own website its a good chance they are a scam. If they do, look to see if they accept Paypal.

From there, its smart to ask for a reduced price on an individual sample order.
Example...if they are selling shoelaces that cost 2.00, to insure your longterm business ask for a sample order with reduced cost of 1.00

Some wont go for it, other will.

This is also a good way to see how fast their couriers are since most Alibaba are from China.
My order/item received turnaround was normally 5 days and that includes customs. But there was a price for shipping so expect it.

But NEVER pay thru any other means other than Paypal.
Old 06-17-2011

NO protection with paypal so everyone saying use paypal use paypal good luck. Your better off using escrow

Last edited by Gamefreak; 06-17-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-17-2011

Send a message via AIM to fineart Send a message via Yahoo to fineart Send a message via Skype™ to fineart

Only order from stores in Aliexpress.It is an escro that guarantees you get your merchandise.Trust me I am a member there reputation or points mean nothing.
Aliexpress only
The Following User Says Thank You to fineart For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (10-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2011

Longevity: 74%
Smile CN suppliers alibaba

I spent thousands on counterfeit items from China. Hundreds of shoes. I didn't even know they were counterfeit. I was like "Wow, these sure are cheap." Ordered all from cn suppliers from alibaba.

Only got 4 or 5 packages caught in customs. Nothing too much, the biggest package was about 200 pairs.

Only got "scammed" once or twice, once for $3000 i sent western union. And another time for a couple hundred bucks.

Other than that I was satisfied with my experience with the CN on alibaba.

It is really a hit N miss. Trial and Error.

The fact is, everyone is after your money. Alibaba, Google, PayPal, the CC companies, the customs brokers, whoever. Everyone wants to take your money.

Knowing that, if you can still conduct business, then you don't need to worry.
Old 06-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Alibaba.com

i have used their sister site succesfuly aliexpress.com. it uses an escrow service also some people on alibaba.com accept escrow. those ones are trustworthy.
Old 06-24-2011

Just started on Aliexpress, all done through Escrow and all bar one package delivered very quickly. I think it's a good way to start working with suppliers, and then from there build up a relationship with them.
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Alibaba was on CNBC this month. Go for it.
Old 07-07-2011

Never do business on Alibaba. I honestly believe that Alibaba was created for the purpose of ripping unsuspecting buyers off. There are far more scammers and con men on Alibaba then actual merchants. Some merchants on Alibaba are very credible. Alibaba doesnt necessarily want these merchants on their website but in order to run such a large scale scamming website some credible players must be involved. Keep in mind its free to advertise and takes very little effort to run a scam on Alibaba. More than one person I know has made their car payments with a little help from Alibaba.

Additionally, Alibaba tends to drive away most credible businesses because the businesses begin to get flooded with scammers of different types responding to the ads posted on Alibaba.

Few of the buyers on Alibaba are credible and even less of the sellers.
Old 07-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

That pretty much sounds like all e-commerce sites, especially all the international ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (10-17-2014)
Old 07-09-2011

Just received 5 packages last week from there, if you pay the right way you wont have any problems. Always choose ESCROW!
Old 07-12-2011

Yeah escrow is the way to go