eBay and third party checkout rumors - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-20-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Angry eBay and third party checkout rumors

You know how eBay originally announced in early 2008 at their convention they were doing away with 3rd party checkout and their inside reps confirmed it, too. Then April 15, eBay goes and denies it. Well eBay always lies so I researched it.

Here are rumors of the bad stuff eBay will be doing with its checkout system...

eBay requires all payments to be paperless already. Some time in the future, all merchant accounts and online payment systems will be integrated into eBay checkout and eBay will know all your personal info of you merchant account just like they know your info with paypal and just like they know your info with moneybookers and those other ones (which by eBay policy require your social security number and they secretly pass that info on to eBay).

When that's done, buyers will be able to file the buyer disputes in eBay and with a click of a button, they'll be able to get their payment reversed through eBay, even if you have a merchant account, eBay will just force a refund through your merchant account to the buyer. Oh and eBay won't get your chargeback info so if the buyer already did a chargeback, they can get a double refund. eBay will allow third party checkout, but merchant accounts will still be integrated through it just like how auctiva checkout handles things when you set it "paypal only".

Well those are the rumors I've heard people saying...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I wonder what would happen if somebody were to pursue ebay on the grounds that ca$h (by law) is legal tender for all debts public and private. If they could be spanked for disallowing ca$h as an option for so long, how hard would the spanking be? Doesn't congress and the treasury, possibly even the FTC, have authority on something like this? eBay checkout isn't really legal tender, is it?
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

vicvelcro, it might be a good idea to go on a trolling campaign to try to convince all the buyers that worship paypal as their religion and claim they only pay by it to stop paying for goods in real life except by paypal and to not pay anything to their government except by paypal and ride on ebay's brainwashing to see how many people do it. People need to go through the school of hard knocks when they say "I only pay by paypal".
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

You caught my drift pretty quick. That's exactly what I was alluding to. I wonder how many people would be happy if their tax refunds were credited to their Paypal accounts... And how quickly the Gov't would straighten things up when the Gov't Paypal account got limited for high volume of transactions and high transaction value...

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 04-20-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Or... How many people would be happy if their job they work for all day stopped paying them normally and told them that they'll now only pay them through PayPal?
Old 04-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Man, can you envision the rioting if GM went that route, and all the workers had to deal with the 21 day hold?!?
Old 04-20-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
I wonder what would happen if somebody were to pursue ebay on the grounds that ca$h (by law) is legal tender for all debts public and private. If they could be spanked for disallowing ca$h as an option for so long, how hard would the spanking be? Doesn't congress and the treasury, possibly even the FTC, have authority on something like this? eBay checkout isn't really legal tender, is it?
Thats great. :D
Old 05-04-2009

Longevity: 87%

well egay seems to be making things harde for the sellerfor example
if you put the word Money Order in the description of your item, then click to go to the next page, you will get a warning of sorts about the money order and it won't let you go any farther. Of course you still put MO and get away with it until your caught
Old 05-04-2009
Vicvelcro

Go ahead and copy that image. Use it in your listings. I made it for general use and grant usage rights to anyone for any reason from now until forever for free. Enjoy.
Old 05-04-2009

Longevity: 91%

But Vic, what if you are Ebay spy? So easy for them to spot members of Aspkin forum on auctions! Noooo waaaay hoseeee! Not me....

Otherwise, the idea is great, but should have kept it private.....eh!
Old 05-04-2009
Vicvelcro

If I'm an ebay spy, shoot me and put me out of my misery.

Ok, so now that you point out ebay maybe linking people with the image, I suggest everyone make their own custom image that achieves the same goal. Same principle, different image 'signature'.
Old 05-04-2009

Did you try it yourself, and for long were your auctions up?
Old 05-04-2009
Vicvelcro

I've used it. None of the auctions were pulled. All ran the full 7 days. Some buyers sent money orders. Buyers who wouldn't have, otherwise (so they said).

Some people still like it that way. And I don't mind doing it.
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%
Default ***Third Party Checkout: Clarification***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
You know how eBay originally announced in early 2008 at their convention they were doing away with 3rd party checkout and their inside reps confirmed it, too. Then April 15, eBay goes and denies it. Well eBay always lies so I researched it.

Here are rumors of the bad stuff eBay will be doing with its checkout system...

eBay requires all payments to be paperless already. Some time in the future, all merchant accounts and online payment systems will be integrated into eBay checkout and eBay will know all your personal info of you merchant account just like they know your info with paypal and just like they know your info with moneybookers and those other ones (which by eBay policy require your social security number and they secretly pass that info on to eBay).

When that's done, buyers will be able to file the buyer disputes in eBay and with a click of a button, they'll be able to get their payment reversed through eBay, even if you have a merchant account, eBay will just force a refund through your merchant account to the buyer. Oh and eBay won't get your chargeback info so if the buyer already did a chargeback, they can get a double refund. eBay will allow third party checkout, but merchant accounts will still be integrated through it just like how auctiva checkout handles things when you set it "paypal only".

Well those are the rumors I've heard people saying...
Link Third Party Checkout: Clarification

"Some blogs have incorrectly reported that eBay is doing away with third party checkout. We want to clarify that this is not the case.

The facts: Beginning June 15, eBay will only allow third-party checkout services from approved providers who have updated their user interface according to a set of eBay guidelines. Our goal is to give buyers a more consistent checkout experience. These guidelines do not involve any changes to functionality that is consistent with eBay listing policies and existing legal agreements.

Some of the current third-party checkout providers may decide to begin using eBay Checkout instead of making user interface changes to their own checkout system. In this case, sellers can continue to use their services.

If you are a seller using a third-party checkout provider, we strongly encourage you to contact your provider about their plans. Most of our approved partners are planning to make the necessary changes to their solution, including:

* 4Sellers
* Afterbuy
* Auctiva Corporation
* ChannelAdvisor
* Cultuzz Digital Media
* Digital River
* Kyozou
* Sandbourne Systems
* Vendio

To reiterate, we are not eliminating third party checkout on June 15, we are only asking third-party checkout providers to update the user interface.

Please keep in mind that the definitive source of information about eBay is eBay. You can find accurate information about any planned changes through this Announcement Board and through emails, calls and other official communications from eBay.

Sincerely,
Dinesh Lathi
VP Seller Experience"

BooMer
The Following User Says Thank You to BooMer For This Useful Post:
djb (09-14-2009)
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

ccnow is owned by digital river....what does this mean?...hmmmnnn
Old 05-05-2009

It believe it means what you think it means, Ebaykilla! Isn't that great?
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Old 05-05-2009

Longevity: 89%

do you think that a ccnow seller can use the digital river checkout for receiving payments acording with ebay policies?
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

digital river owns ccnow...we will see soon....stay tuned.
Old 05-05-2009

Sounds too good to be true. We'll probably find out soon enough that there is the catch somewhere.......
Old 05-06-2009

Longevity: 89%

I want to put WE ONLY ACCEPT GOOGLE CHECKOUT LOGOS ON MY AUCTIONS SO BAD BUT IM SCARED . . . LOL
Old 05-07-2009
Threadstarter  

If eBay doesn't have your merchant account info but your authorize.net keys, they could in theory still use your authorize.net account to force a refund through. And I'm sure most buyers will know this and do a chargeback first (which eBay won't be able to verify) and then they'll make eBay force a second refund.