Goodwill Outlet.. Check it out :). - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-15-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Goodwill Outlet.. Check it out :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
I used to watch this old lady, she'd go through the pockets of all the pants and whenever she'd find money or anything else valuable that was left there she'd just put it in her pocket.

She was there almost every day for 2-3 years.
That's just straight up shop lifting.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2017

Longevity: 72%

I agree but the employees didn't care.
Old 05-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
That's just straight up shop lifting.
Is it? I mean, the PANTS are for sale, not the items inside, and if the employees at the previous Goodwill store(s) were careless enough to let it slip, it's obviously not a major concern of theirs.

*I* wouldn't do it (it's just really trashy behavior) but I don't see anything wrong with someone who chooses to, especially if the employees don't care. After all, it's not like the inclusion of money in the pockets is going to sway a buyer lol.
Old 05-16-2017

Longevity: 62%

^^ ^^^ Dogma?
Old 05-16-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Is it? I mean, the PANTS are for sale, not the items inside, and if the employees at the previous Goodwill store(s) were careless enough to let it slip, it's obviously not a major concern of theirs.

*I* wouldn't do it (it's just really trashy behavior) but I don't see anything wrong with someone who chooses to, especially if the employees don't care. After all, it's not like the inclusion of money in the pockets is going to sway a buyer lol.
I know there must be other examples, where the possibility of inclusion of money, sways buyers.

Employees not caring, isn't necessarily a barometer of right or wrong. After all, employee theft is the majority of business theft lol

I'm not currently able to come up with a good argument for this tho. I just feel like it has to be theft some how. Not that I wouldn't grab the money myself if I saw it....... But I'm also not a barometer of right or wrong haha

The amazing thing is, the amount of processes that were involved, before it got to that point, and this lady still finds it.
Old 05-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

That's what I'm saying. If it's been through all that and there's STILL money in the pants, I doubt it's going to make a difference to the end buyer at the outlet store.

"No harm no foul" as they say.
Old 05-16-2017

Well, one could argue the pants belong to Goodwill, and anything like a belt that is on them does as well, so probably the money or the handkerchief in the pocket does as well.

For example, if you purchase an unopened lockbox, until it is sold the box and the contents belong to Goodwill. Afterwards... everything inside, even if it's 50K in cash, and the box are yours.

These things do happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-21-2017)
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
I used to watch this old lady, she'd go through the pockets of all the pants and whenever she'd find money or anything else valuable that was left there she'd just put it in her pocket.

She was there almost every day for 2-3 years.
Doesn't surprise me. You would think the employees would have learned that one. Lol.

Thrifiting can be a fun but you would have be skilled to make a living doing it. Not to mention pictures of every single item. OMG! I want to kill slit my writs already just thinking about it. Especially for clothing which is tedious.
Old 05-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Yeah the bottom line is unless you're doing it as a hobby, you really have to have a solid niche with high margin high profit goods or it's simply not worth the effort or time.

Some people enjoy it though, and would do it for free. To them, I say good for you!
Old 05-20-2017

Clothing has always been a deeply troubled category on EB, and about 3-5 years ago the bottom dropped out of the market.

Ever since then it really hasn't been worth thrifting for resale of clothing.

At one point I did 5-10K a month in clothing, but the return and complaint rate is high, people think they wear way smaller sizes than they actually do, and a lot of people 'rent' or buy clothes just to see if they like them, and then return them on your dime.
Old 05-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
C
At one point I did 5-10K a month in clothing, but the return and complaint rate is high, people think they wear way smaller sizes than they actually do, and a lot of people 'rent' or buy clothes just to see if they like them, and then return them on your dime.
Most sellers don't take measurements so they are the merch of buyers for Not as Described complaints with regards to sizing as it then comes subjective. Been selling clothing on eBay for 12 years. Its not as lucrative as it once was but there is still an enormous customer base on eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
Onion (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

The customer base is good if you know what to look for, I'm not sure how it used be to be back in the day but find what people like and sell it. My wife will usually include 1 or 2 pictures using a tape measure to show to width x height of t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, etc. If it is something that fits her, she will usually take a picture with it on (don't include a pic of your face lol). My wife just came home with four more bags of clothes, my house is starting to look like a Ross store.

Last edited by Onion; 05-21-2017 at 09:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Onion For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (05-21-2017)