New ebay acc, first item, limitation, verification, calling ebay with female voice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-24-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default New ebay acc, first item, limitation, verification, calling ebay with female voice

Sorry for such messy title. I just don't know how to name it.

Background
My main ebay acc was created in 2010 and I was just buying things, then selling unwanted things, and only then I started to do business. Then I bougth a stealth acc, everything is ok with it. And last week I created a US ebay account on my mom's name. Didn't use any VPN, just a new mobile phone with new sim, and PC with different user through wifi hotspot.

I listed a few MEDIUM risk items. Just to experiment a little bit, to see what will happen. With stealth acc I would never do this, and only would list a cheap used item first. But in that situation I thought why should I bother with it, I have all the documents and it is registered on my mom. In a fe days account was limited, ebay sent me a message. They said they need to verify me and they removed all of my listings. The was link to write a message to ebay. But no requirement at all.

I though the reason was the items I listed and ebay sees them as risky. But one of my friends from other country created UK ebay account and listed just one used item with real pictures he took and real description. His acc was limited as well.

I know it doesn't just happen with all the users and probably our accounts were flagged. And it looks like it happened not because of items. The only common think between out accounts is that we both created accounts on platforms which are not assigned for our countries. For example I created on ebay.com but address is Russia. They released my friend's acc after he called them and had a chat with rep. I just sent an email and nobody replied so far.

STRAIGHT TO THE POINT
What if account is registered on a female and I am a male and I'm calling ebay to verify my account or increase elling limits. Would it be a problem? If so then maybe I should use some technologies?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%
Default Re: New ebay acc, first item, limitation, verification, calling ebay with female voic

I have actually had an account in Female name. I told them that I was in "transition" and they didn't question it at all. - True Story
sluster2016 (10-25-2017)
Old 10-24-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: New ebay acc, first item, limitation, verification, calling ebay with female voic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
i have actually had an account in female name. I told them that i was in "transition" and they didn't question it at all. - true story
hahahahahahahaha!!!!
Old 10-24-2017
Super Moderator

@OP

You have a lot of things going on from what I read.
(I suggest you minimize what you wrote so people can read your story easier)

I think we should just start from the very beginning and start fresh with the stealth guide. I feel that once you read this, not only will you be able to create much stronger accounts, but you'll more importantly understand how to operate your accounts so you won't get in trouble.
Old 10-24-2017

Longevity: 72%

Accuse them of sexual harassment and demand to speak to their supervisor.

Or, tell them you're a very masculine girl.
Old 10-24-2017

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
I have actually had an account in Female name. I told them that I was in "transition" and they didn't question it at all. - True Story
You could probably sell prostitution on that account now, with no ill effects! hahaha
Old 10-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
@OP

You have a lot of things going on from what I read.
(I suggest you minimize what you wrote so people can read your story easier)

I think we should just start from the very beginning and start fresh with the stealth guide. I feel that once you read this, not only will you be able to create much stronger accounts, but you'll more importantly understand how to operate your accounts so you won't get in trouble.
I mentioned in my post that there is a BACKGROUND information, and STRAIGHT TO THE POINT section. I think it is a right think. Because if I make post really short, there maybe too many questions.

I don't think I need any stealth guide. I already operate a stealth account with no problems, and even increased limits recently. Using acc registered on my mom's name is not really a stealth. It is a real person who can verify enything. She just overseas now and she knows nothing about ebay. So I don't think it is a good idea to make her call ebay.
Old 10-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Accuse them of sexual harassment and demand to speak to their supervisor.

Or, tell them you're a very masculine girl.
The problem is that I don't know who I'm going to talk with. Ebay platform is US I am using. But registration is Russia. On my other Australian (real) acc sometimes I communicate in Australian( I mean English, mate lol) and sometimes reps talk to me in Russian. So Russia is not that transgender frienly like Wester world lol
Old 10-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I think it would be better to make up a story and speak with my real voice than using some voice changing device. It costs money, I have to order it from China and wait long and it maybe a crap and I will sound suspicious.

I contacted ebay through email 5 days ago. Nobody replies then I sent a follow up message - still nobody replies.Probably I should wait, maybe they will verify me without a phone call.
Old 10-25-2017
Super Moderator

I don't know why you have to order the voice changer from china, but ok.
It seems that you have your own way of doing things, so do it however you see fit.

And yes, the best way is for you to call yourself because you know your own info the best.
Email to ebay is a little iffy, calling them (or anyone) really is the fastest and more efficient way. So why don't you call them up and do what jerseymax did? =)
Old 10-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I don't know why you have to order the voice changer from china, but ok.
It seems that you have your own way of doing things, so do it however you see fit.

And yes, the best way is for you to call yourself because you know your own info the best.
Email to ebay is a little iffy, calling them (or anyone) really is the fastest and more efficient way. So why don't you call them up and do what jerseymax did? =)
I'm just trying to be careful. For two other ebay accounts I called ebay and I told them I do dropshipping. There were no problems. But it is very weird, they don't enforce their own laws (againsts dropshipping) but at the same time it is all about human factor. I probably will call them tomorrow or after tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2017
Super Moderator

It's great that you are. And you asked a good question.

I thought about this when I first started my stealth accounts a long time ago and I thought I should definitely use my own voice because one day I don't want to have to deal with different genre.
Old 10-25-2017

Longevity: 72%

Helium. Lots of helium.
Old 10-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

A few of my accounts are registered to female names - when I have called, I often talk in a whisper high tone and it works for me
Old 10-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I have one account in a female name and have called in as with my "normal" male voice. Never questioned- the rep just proceeded with my request to lift my limits straight away.

They really don't seem to care what you sound like so as long as you give them the right details.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
bubleHD (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Helium. Lots of helium.
You'll sound like a squirrel... not a female that way....
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I have one account in a female name and have called in as with my "normal" male voice. Never questioned- the rep just proceeded with my request to lift my limits straight away.

They really don't seem to care what you sound like so as long as you give them the right details.
I tried to call but the call option was gone. Then I went to email and clicked on the link and found the call option. Asked me a lot of questions, I again said I dropship from amazon, and trained by ebay powerseller, and some items I ship from home. So they released my account.

Immediately I created a UK account. And this time I will try to experiment and do everything in right way. I won't list anything for a few days, only browsing and gathering cookies and then I will lit a cheap used item. Will see if they limit that account.
Old 10-29-2017
Threadstarter  

new UK abay account I started with browsing for items and different categories for a few days. Then listed a used item. Nobody limited my acc yet. Today I upoaded a brand new item. Still ok. Will see how it goes. Probably I do it a bit fast. But anyway it is not a stealth acc but still lessons \knowledge and experiments which can be used for stealth acc. But at the same time it is not a big deal even for stealth acc to call ebay and answer their questions.
Old 11-07-2017

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
A few of my accounts are registered to female names - when I have called, I often talk in a whisper high tone and it works for me
Brilliant, I need to try this. Maybe record myself on tape first and see how it sounds. I do have a deep voice and it will probably sound very weird.

My idea was just to get a woman on the phone and train her to answer questions. Holding up signs like cue cards LMAO
Old 11-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman View Post
Brilliant, I need to try this. Maybe record myself on tape first and see how it sounds. I do have a deep voice and it will probably sound very weird.

My idea was just to get a woman on the phone and train her to answer questions. Holding up signs like cue cards LMAO
Old 11-07-2017

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post

I called in same way and they requested my previous address, any idea why? Everything in my stealth account is brand new to ebay/paypal, litterally everything using to operate it is brand new and valid.
Old 11-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

If they are asking for your previous address they might be looking at a public records database to confirm it's you.

Why did you call in? Was it to increase limits or try and lift a restriction?