2 Part Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-19-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default 2 Part Question

So just now I had a bunch of listings taken down for using "copyrighted image without permission". This was done to my main account and these listingings account for 80% of my sales so it's quite a hit!

1st Question: If an "AUTHORIZED RETAILER" uses that companies product picture is it till a problem and does that company usually take down your listing?

2nd Question: As an "UNAUTHORIZED RETAILER" will i have an issue relisting these items with my own pics on the store that the listings were just taken down or should i relist on another store. I ask this because my main store has 1500 reviews, 99.7% feedback and return customers so it will sell better than my backups with little feedback and no followers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: 2 Part Question

This is on eBay correct? Not amazon?

1. It depends on the company, some allows you and some won't regardless. You gotta ask them first before using.

2. Talk with the company that ordered the Vero take down first in regards to #1. If they say that you are ok moving forward using your own photos, I'd go for it, but I'd still tread carefully.

The one way to offset a huge account is to use multiple accounts and selling less each but still reaches your target dollar at the end of the day.
Old 01-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Yes this is an ebay question. And i do have multiple other accounts that i will be spreading these removed listing too but i would like to get back to my main account eventually with the listings.
Old 01-19-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Of course. just be self aware and careful since you already got a Vero take down.
And make sure that when you get the ok from the company, you get a written down permission with that person's direct info.
Old 01-19-2018

Longevity: 72%

An authorized reseller is told what can and can't be done. Depends on the brand and resale agreement. Many brands demand you use their pictures.

If you change the pictures, tweak the titles and text slightly, you may get lucky.

You also may be on the people's radar now, and they could be watching for another infringement.

Probably better by far to find a different product line.
Old 01-20-2018
Threadstarter  

I have been looking at other sellers with the same product and exact same picture and there listings haven't been taken down. I'm now thinking that maybe I have gotten too big and other sellers are snitching on me. I have had this store for almost a year and a half selling the same products with the same pictures with no issues. I have the best prices by far because I obviously don't buy from the manufacturer so I think i'm on other seller's radars. I now definitely think that I have to move these products to another store. I will be relisting to 2 other stores and see what happens. I will keep you guys posted.
Old 01-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
An authorized reseller is told what can and can't be done. Depends on the brand and resale agreement. Many brands demand you use their pictures.

If you change the pictures, tweak the titles and text slightly, you may get lucky.

You also may be on the people's radar now, and they could be watching for another infringement.

Probably better by far to find a different product line.
I do have other product lines but this one gives me 75% profit margin on each sale so it's hard to just walk away. I'll be opening more stealths and spreading the sales around until it cools down on my main account.
Old 01-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Of course. just be self aware and careful since you already got a Vero take down.
And make sure that when you get the ok from the company, you get a written down permission with that person's direct info.
I wont get permission because I'm not an authorized retailer.
Old 01-20-2018

Longevity: 72%

Pretty much says it all. This is a self-destructive and long term pointless effort unless you love being shut down every time you turn around.
Old 01-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post

Pretty much says it all. This is a self-destructive and long term pointless effort unless you love being shut down every time you turn around.
If everyone here played by the rules then this forum pretty much wouldn't exist. And if 350k in a year and half with this being my first problem is pointless then I wish I could find more pointless endeavors.