Fraud Buyer / fraudelent action ! Advice please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-22-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Smile Fraud Buyer / fraudelent action ! Advice please

Hello guys ,
i sold by 20th of Jan an item through eb australia to an US buyer.
Value of item was 65AUD -about 54USD as paypal converted it- .
Shipping time was stated at my auction as 7 to 15 business days.
As 20th of Jan was Saturday i posted normally by 22th of Jan monday to his adress and parcel sent abroad same day by checking tracking of Greek/USPS cariers .

By 6th of Feb i got notification directly from Paypal that i have a case for a not received item .
SO i discovered that this buyer opened a direct case to paypal againist me for a not received item.
Parcel was registered anyway and i send again to paypal a photo of parcel with registration on and his shipping adress .
Then case automatically escalated to claim and file was closed waiting paypal`s decision.

i imediatelly contacted buyer WHY he was acted like this and said me that shipping was overdue blah blah and he needs item before 11th of Feb that he is leaving his stated on ebay/ppl adress moving away .

About 15th of Feb paypal closed this case on his favor and refunded him back .
on 16th of Feb (with 1-2 business days delay from what i stated as shipping time to my original auction) parcel arrived at his home adress at WA, Seattle and USPS stated that No Authorized recipient available - notice left .

I never contacted him at the meantime again after final ppl decision to refund him .

Just now i found that OBVIOUSLY he called USPS and asked reroute for parcel to his new adress because now parcel is at MI , SAGINAW and states that "We attempted to delivery your parcel and a notice left because an authorized reciepient was not available.

Its not the 45$ that it costed me item and shipping cost but its about of this SCAMMING and FRAUDELENT action of him .

what`s your advice ?
What i have to do now ?

In my eb account item appeared now as refunded and i have the possibility to file a claim about an not paid item

But i am worry also if any action of me brings a negative feedback on my 100% account.

thx in advance
Haris

PS sorry for my bad english
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2018

Longevity: 36%
Default Re: Fraud Buyer / fraudelent action ! Advice please

I would call PP and appeal their decision. However, I do believe that your chances of winning this case are slim to none, as PP is even more biased toward buyers than EB.

I used to get absolutely hammered by such scams when I first started in selling used electronics. Buyers would keep the item for 2-3 weeks and then return either wrong or damaged ones; they would also rarely read my description and buy a non-compatible item for their laptop and then claim as if there's something wrong just so that I would have to pay for their return shipping. It also sucked when I would ship a $150-180 SSD drive and the buyer would just stupidly say on PP that he got empty envelope and easily win a PP case.
Old 02-22-2018
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your comment .

Jumping on your case how a buyer can claim that received just an empty envelope without an unpacking video and to win the case ?

I always do unpacking videos for high value items offcourse -as evidence- when i am buying from eb just for the case that something will go wrong .
Old 02-22-2018

Longevity: 73%

This is a common risk with international shipments due to transit time.

Going to be hard to win this one.

Buyer can claim anything and frequently win. The system is weighted in their favor, sadly.

Not fair but true anyway.
Old 02-22-2018

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktan View Post

Jumping on your case how a buyer can claim that received just an empty envelope without an unpacking video and to win the case ?

I always do unpacking videos for high value items offcourse -as evidence- when i am buying from eb just for the case that something will go wrong .

Because visa/mastercard set rules and paypal have to follow them. **** roles downhill and lands with the seller
Old 02-22-2018
Threadstarter  

What if i open an unpaid item case through ebay after checking that he is picked up through usps track n trace tool ?

I am planning to open a case the day 60th after original sale that means about 21th of March.
Is this an option to avoid a possibly bad feedback for revenge ?

Or he can leaves a feedback -somehow- after 60days of original sale date ?

Last edited by greakf3eak; 02-22-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I literally had same problem except to ebay and it was Hawaii (which I have blocked). It arrived day after the case was escalated. Crazy cause it showed it was a local delivery center.

Goes to show most is simply run by AI that is just looking at some factors such as "delivered".
Old 02-22-2018

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktan View Post

PP/EB don't require or consider any unpacking videos. 99.99% of PP cases are absolutely hopeless for sellers, regardless of the facts; on EB you can sometimes reason with the customer service rep if, for example, a buyer says he didn't get the item despite tracking showing delivered and get your case closed. Otherwise, impossible.

My solution was to sell only items that cost me $1-2 to obtain and $2.61 to ship. So I only risk around 3-4 bucks per sale; if there are any cases, I simply refund the buyer and forget about it. My return rate is around 2% out of 1200+ sales so I'm not really bothered by such scams anymore.
Old 02-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
This is a common risk with international shipments due to transit time.

Going to be hard to win this one.

Buyer can claim anything and frequently win. The system is weighted in their favor, sadly.

Not fair but true anyway.
Very true - dallis puts it well, sadly