Restrictions on my eBay account..HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-21-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Restrictions on my eBay account..HELP

I've been a eBay seller for awhile now...I follow all the stealth steps but at times I get restricted on account like most of us do. Some keep popping up with several accounts that I sell shoes on...I just paid my fees on account I owned money on for three months....listed one pair of shoes and in 12 hrs I got the message below....

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following actions:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items or revise current listings for 30 days.
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
The listing that was removed appeared to violate eBay policy. Please remember that you are responsible for the quality and authenticity of the products that you offer on eBay. It is against eBay policy to list any counterfeit items.

My buddy told me eBay got sellers that report pages all day lol Haters....I did post stock photos but I cleaned them....Any info would be great...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Restrictions on my eBay account..HELP

Read the policy for the item(s) you are selling. eBay has a policy that you cannot use stock photos in certain categories. Yes, there are people who just sit around and report listings all day long, but more than likely it's because one of their bots saw something it didn't like.

Since eBay gets tens of thousands of reports on listings daily, they can only act on a small fraction of those, the rest are bots that look for certain things about your items, metrics on your account, past cases, etc before taking action. This is why you often see some sellers who can get away with listing an item that you won't be able to without it being removed straight away.
Old 04-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Read the policy for the item(s) you are selling. eBay has a policy that you cannot use stock photos in certain categories. Yes, there are people who just sit around and report listings all day long, but more than likely it's because one of their bots saw something it didn't like.

Since eBay gets tens of thousands of reports on listings daily, they can only act on a small fraction of those, the rest are bots that look for certain things about your items, metrics on your account, past cases, etc before taking action. This is why you often see some sellers who can get away with listing an item that you won't be able to without it being removed straight away.

So I basically need to get another account since the bots steady this account?
Old 04-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I mean...get another account since the bots keep flagging this account??
Old 04-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Hard to say what could be flagging your account. Getting another account might not solve this if the item itself is flagged do to it being a known "problem". Are you mentioning any BRAND NAMES in the title or listing? Do your pictures mention this?

Again, review the policy carefully before relisting otherwise you are going to be faced with the same problems over and over again.
Old 04-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hard to say what could be flagging your account. Getting another account might not solve this if the item itself is flagged do to it being a known "problem". Are you mentioning any BRAND NAMES in the title or listing? Do your pictures mention this?

Again, review the policy carefully before relisting otherwise you are going to be faced with the same problems over and over again.
Yes it's Nike shoes and it's listed in title....Maybe I shouldn't list name....I had one account that sold same shoes different size for months with shock pic with problems then all of sudden it got flagged...and my others accounts too smh
Old 04-21-2018

Longevity: 73%

Well, this is simply too easy to answer.

The solution is pure simple genius:

STOP SELLING THIS STUFF

Go legit.

Easy peasy.
Old 04-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Well, this is simply too easy to answer.

The solution is pure simple genius:

STOP SELLING THIS STUFF

Go legit.

Easy peasy.

Simple huh lol...That's da crazy part...IT IS LEGIT!!! Lol
Old 04-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Heres the thing. It does not matter if it is legit or not. If you are selling at a price significantly less than MSRP price then Ver0 agent, haters, and/or ebay is going to remove your listing.

Haters usually dont have much say unless you get a lot of hate, in my opinion. This could depend on the feedback or age of account, but if it was a good plan to get rid of other sellers than no one would ever have listings up due to competitors.

Ebay will remove stuff on their own, which almost looks like what happened to your account.

If it was a Ver0 agent then it would say something like "Adidas has reported your listings as counterfeit..... blah blah blah"

Stock photos would not cause you to get anything other than a temporary restriction that you would have to call in on, not a X amount of days restriction. But the stock photos could have cause a manual review and then they questioned your items vs price.

Lots of stuff could have happened, but bottom line is ebay doesnt think your goodies are legit.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-22-2018)
Old 04-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Don't take this the wrong way. Both Dallis & Bjammin have been on this board long enough to know what the deal is.

Listing anything with "Nike" in the title is just ASKING for trouble. Every time you use that word, yoiu are basically putting a big red target on your account with **SUSPEND ME** written on it.

It does not matter if your shoes are legit or not, this is an extremely high risk item and the VeRO agents will be waiting for it to be listed. Until your account is old and established enough selling without any problems and can be proven by eBay, you are going to have this problem.
Old 04-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
Heres the thing. It does not matter if it is legit or not. If you are selling at a price significantly less than MSRP price then Ver0 agent, haters, and/or ebay is going to remove your listing.

Haters usually dont have much say unless you get a lot of hate, in my opinion. This could depend on the feedback or age of account, but if it was a good plan to get rid of other sellers than no one would ever have listings up due to competitors. I

Ebay will remove stuff on their own, which almost looks like what happened to your account.

If it was a Ver0 agent then it would say something like "Adidas has reported your listings as counterfeit..... blah blah blah"

Stock photos would not cause you to get anything other than a temporary restriction that you would have to call in on, not a X amount of days restriction. But the stock photos could have cause a manual review and then they questioned your items vs price.

Lots of stuff could have happened, but bottom line is ebay doesnt think your goodies are legit.

Got ya....still it's crazy...got people on eBay doing something I'm doing but nothing never happens to them.... crazy tho
Old 04-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way. Both Dallis & Bjammin have been on this board long enough to know what the deal is.

Listing anything with "Nike" in the title is just ASKING for trouble. Every time you use that word, yoiu are basically putting a big red target on your account with **SUSPEND ME** written on it.

It does not matter if your shoes are legit or not, this is an extremely high risk item and the VeRO agents will be waiting for it to be listed. Until your account is old and established enough selling without any problems and can be proven by eBay, you are going to have this problem.

I Kno they know there stuff...Next time you m not using Nike in title smh
Old 04-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Are you sure *cough* that the Nike shoes you are selling are 100% legit?

Do you have the receipts to prove it? eBay may also ask for supplier authorization on some of these items, esp. if you are selling them below market price for a legit, *cough* pair of Nike's.

Good luck.
Old 04-22-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Are you sure *cough* that the Nike shoes you are selling are 100% legit?

Do you have the receipts to prove it? eBay may also ask for supplier authorization on some of these items, esp. if you are selling them below market price for a legit, *cough* pair of Nike's.

Good luck.

My friend had a Nike contract to sell Nike shoes for over 20 years now...I just get from him...can't get no legit than that....lol...not saying I haven't in da past sold other ones lol but now I don't need to😂😂😂
Old 04-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Actually, there are more than a few sellers who are honest and do indeed sell legitimate Nike or Adidas shoes. It's just those are the two most counterfeited brands in the world, and you can bet the IP police are waiting to pounce on any sellers (esp. new ones) who dare list them. There are ways to try and trick the bots, but it's best to find something else to sell in the meantime so you can avoid the fustration and disappointment of having your account suspended.
Old 04-22-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Actually, there are more than a few sellers who are honest and do indeed sell legitimate Nike or Adidas shoes. It's just those are the two most counterfeited brands in the world, and you can bet the IP police are waiting to pounce on any sellers (esp. new ones) who dare list them. There are ways to try and trick the bots, but it's best to find something else to sell in the meantime so you can avoid the fustration and disappointment of having your account suspended.

Gotcha....check .pm
Old 04-22-2018
Banned

Longevity: 65%

yep the message you got means eby didnt feel comfy with your listing not neccessarily N i k e...

ur price too low...
or you ve had neg feedback or cases against you with complaints about authenticity...
or your moving too much on too new of an acct

this also usually happens if you list mulitple sizes all at once...
Old 04-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
yep the message you got means eby didnt feel comfy with your listing not neccessarily N i k e...

ur price too low...
or you ve had neg feedback or cases against you with complaints about authenticity...
or your moving too much on too new of an acct

this also usually happens if you list mulitple sizes all at once...

I put one pair up for auction lol....I haven't used it for 4 months...I listed one pair smh