Return address on ebay - does it matter? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 04-29-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Return address on ebay - does it matter?

On ebay there are a couple different address variations for where you registered your account, ship from, return to, etc, etc. Find the descriptions directly from ebay below.

Question is - can anyone confirm if changing your 'Primary return address' to your actual address has any impact on your account?

Gut feeling says you might ship from one location, and process returns at another.

I can't imagine ebay has the power to suspend an account just because it matches the specified return address of another suspended account. That would be like saying anyone who ever lives/does business at X address can never ever sell on ebay, EVER.

You might say, well, this recently suspended ebay account matches a currently active account with the return address the same as the suspended account's main address. Except, people have active accounts that they actively/occasionally use all the time, and they move and don't update their address info. Can't tell you how many messages I get from people after they've placed an order that they need it shipped to a new address.

If ebay suspended one account because the return address matched the main address of another, ebay would have to suspend all accounts with that address. In this scenario ebay would probably have to use multiple factors for verifying the accounts are operated by the same entity - like mentioned elsewhere - before confirming the suspension is warranted.

Ebay could do this by checking the delivery status and delivery address of recent tracking info. That'd be a definite reason for questioning.... but would they take the time to go through all the ebay accounts that currently have the matching address? And then check tracking label activity?

So... SAFE? Anybody tried this and have had no problems?

Address Type Descriptions:

Registration address - This is your main contact address, so it's important to keep it up to date and accurate.

Payment address - This is where you'd like buyers to send payments for items you sell. It will only be displayed to winning bidders or buyers if you accept payments by mail. Learn more about providing a payment address.

Primary shipping address - This is where you'd like to receive items you purchase.

Primary ship from address - This is where the packages will be shipped from.

Primary return address - This is where you'd like buyers to send their returned items to.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 04-29-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: additional wording
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2018

Default Re: Return address on ebay - does it matter?

I can't confirm anything, but it seems very risky. Obviously, if they have your address flagged, putting it into eBay with your account is a bad idea...

Just get a PO box. Problem solved. You can get your PO box to forward mail to your regular address I believe.

The other option is to try and make your address look different so the bots wont pick up on it.

Or send people custom return labels....eBay never sees those.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader2dark For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (05-01-2018)
Old 04-29-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
I can't confirm anything, but it seems very risky. Obviously, if they have your address flagged, putting it into eBay with your account is a bad idea...
Right, but I can't imagine ebay would flag a specific address because any and all future accounts registered there would be flagged. That doesn't seem right. Like sweet old grandma who moved in just last week would be suspect for fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
Or send people custom return labels....eBay never sees those.
Yea, have considered this as a viable method. From open ebay cases in the past I know ebay reps have to manually check the tracking info to see if the package was lost, still in transit, delivered to another address, etc., etc. And some don't even look unless you upload your tracking to the case! PFFFT!
Old 05-01-2018

Longevity: 39%

I just lost 12 accounts today MC011 and the only possible thing linking them was the return shipping address (the address I put so I can take care of the customer)

These accounts were completely quarantined from another using paid private proxies, all completely different everything, all 50+ feedback, all 4.8+ DSR, some Top rated. Some of my accounts not using this return shipping address survive so it was the return shipping address that linked them.

My advice is leave the return shipping address alone. If customer asks for return, click the option to provide your own label, provide a prepaid PDF label and tell the customer that they need to use the return label. If they send to the bogus stealth address anyway consider it a loss (like shoplifting)
Old 05-01-2018

This is what eventually happens. This is not the first time it happened to me. It will usually take a year or so before they catch you but they will catch you if you share ANYTHING. I will get the docs and submit one by one until I figure out. It says "temporary" so I think these accounts can wait 6 months and they will reinstate it.

Hello sucker,

A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items or revise current listings. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. Any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

To appeal this restriction, you'll need to:
Upload the information we've listed below to:
https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?...RiskManagement

-- Important --
Make sure that your name and username appear on each document that you submit. If this information isn't included, it can't be processed. Also, please be sure your submitted documents are current, valid, and legible.

Here's the information you need to submit:
-- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.
-- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.
-- Documentation (including manufacturer's invoices or receipts) that shows that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay.
Old 05-01-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

all i have to say is SHIPSTATION ITS AWESOME
Old 05-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob1 View Post
Some of my accounts not using this return shipping address survive so it was the return shipping address that linked them.
Yikes dude best of luck recovering them... Can't believe they can justify those limits based on same return address.. What if someone chose your address as their stealth account address and got suspended. You'd get suspended too and not have a clue as to why. Next linking factor after return address had to be items sold then I'm guessing :/
Old 05-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verificationguy View Post
Nuhway bruh Shippo 4lyf
Old 05-26-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verificationguy View Post
How does ship station help alleviate this problem? Do they give you a whole new return address?
Old 05-26-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Thread moved to 'Shipping Talk'