Ebay account suspended,after i listed my first item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Ebay account suspended,after i listed my first item

Hello,i created a new eBay account and listed an item,after 30 min i get an email what says:my account suspended.
The email what i got:

Hello xxxxxxx,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've noted several concerns with your recent activity. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

While suspended, you won't be able to use eBay. Registering a new account may hinder any option to appeal your account. If you would like to appeal this action, we need to verify your account information and your eBay activity directly with you.

Any outstanding fees owed for selling activity will post to your account as due. Any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

If you have questions about this message, please click Help at the top of most eBay pages..

Here are the listings we removed:
202719600593 - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay*

Someone know why i get this ban from eBay?May something was wrong with the item?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2019

Activity: 1%
Send a message via Skype™ to bman707
Default Re: Ebay account suspended,after i listed my first item

Probably got linked to a previous banned account or a flaw in account creation is what I would think hard to tell without details on how you setup your account

Fresh Secure US/UK/Canada IP Address : https://secure.ipburger.com/aff.php?aff=191
The Following User Says Thank You to bman707 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

How old is the account before you listed your first item?
Old 06-28-2019

Longevity: 28%

thats automatic, i got that every time when create a new one. this kind of suspension for verify information, only big matter with the second suspension
Old 06-28-2019

Longevity: 33%

Listing after 30 minutes?

That is not helpful.

Read the Stealth Book + this forum for some good tips.
Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueocean25 View Post
thats automatic, i got that every time when create a new one. this kind of suspension for verify information, only big matter with the second suspension
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 06-28-2019
Threadstarter  

This is weird,because my yes i had an previous account what get banned.But i used brand new IP,Credit card,phone no.,cookies was cleared,and created the account in Virtual machine.
The account was 1 weeks old.

Now if i delete this account and unlink my PP account,and create a new eBay account with a new Phone number,i will get a ban again???
Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodShark View Post
Now if i delete this account and unlink my PP account,and create a new eBay account with a new Phone number,i will get a ban again???
Most likely. If you spend some time reading around the forum you'll see that eBay has been doing this with almost all new accounts (as somebody else already pointed out). They seem to be tightening their registration security as managed payments rolls out.
Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

What gets me is all the posts from people saying "I have done it this way for years and never had a problem until now".

Things have changed A GREAT DEAL in the last few months with both eBay and PayPal. What methods worked yesterday might not today.

It's time to re-think the way you are creating, and ramping up your accounts for selling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
CaseyS (06-30-2019), stealthbro (06-29-2019)
Old 06-28-2019

Longevity: 31%

Hey, I have the same problem too. My account was suspended yesterday. Brand new laptop, IP, bank account and everything's gone after I just made a draft!!! I followed the guide but I think eBay has changed the rule. Seller offered me a replacement but I am still not confident about it
Old 06-28-2019

Need to browse build cookies etc for awhile before you just try to list what new person on eBay is going to list the first day is abnormal and bots pick up abnormalities there catching on to people that are acting different from the rest of new ebay accounts

Fresh Secure US/UK/Canada IP Address : https://secure.ipburger.com/aff.php?aff=191
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bman707 For This Useful Post:
CaseyS (06-30-2019), nickopedia (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman707 View Post
Need to browse build cookies etc for awhile before you just try to list what new person on eBay is going to list the first day is abnormal and bots pick up abnormalities there catching on to people that are acting different from the rest of new ebay accounts
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Bman nails it again.

The bots are setup to catch abnormalities. People, THINK about what you are doing and answer this question honestly:

Am I doing something a normal user would do?

Most people are not interested in selling; there are far more BUYERS than sellers. That's a big clue!

As of 2017, there were about 168 Million Active Buyers on eBay, and 6.7 million SELLERS.

This mean there are about 25 BUYERS for every SELLER on eBay.

Registering an account and starting on it straight away is just so wrong in eBay's eyes on so many levels. With a ratio of 25:1, you can bet your behind eBay isn't hurting for more sellers to join their platform, and in fact is making it harder.
bman707 (06-28-2019), CaseyS (06-30-2019)
Old 06-28-2019

Thanks nic I learned a lot from you that’s for sure great minds think alike

The Following User Says Thank You to bman707 For This Useful Post:
CaseyS (06-30-2019)
Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

I just want people to think a little bit more about what they are doing.

In other words you need to be honest with yourself. Does my product suck? Am I really really creating accounts the correct way? How do I find out what's really going on, or am I being lied to?

I see post after post on this forum from people who get a Suspension or Limitation email and they play victim, or act like they did nothing wrong. They wouldn't want to bruise their ego by admitting fault, would they? Some people are just not being 100% honest with themselves.

If anything, I see a Suspension or Limitation as a lesson learned. It helps me understand better what I did wrong, and try to do better next time.
CaseyS (06-30-2019), DClan (06-28-2019)
Old 06-29-2019

Yup exactly now I have a powerseller need to learn and evolve everyone makes mistakes and falls down in life it’s about what you learn from your mistakes and when you get back up that makes you better in life or business.

Old 06-29-2019

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodShark View Post
Hello,i created a new eBay account and listed an item,after 30 min i get an email what says:my account suspended.
The email what i got:

Hello xxxxxxx,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've noted several concerns with your recent activity. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

While suspended, you won't be able to use eBay. Registering a new account may hinder any option to appeal your account. If you would like to appeal this action, we need to verify your account information and your eBay activity directly with you.

Any outstanding fees owed for selling activity will post to your account as due. Any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

If you have questions about this message, please click Help at the top of most eBay pages..

Here are the listings we removed:
202719600593 - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay*

Someone know why i get this ban from eBay?May something was wrong with the item?
This is very normal. No need to get nervous. I also had same issue which I created new seller account 1 week after creating buyer account and get same suspension message. BUT I got away from it. Here is the trick!

Make sure you have all your personal information handy such as email address, mailing address, full name and phone number information registered to suspended ebay account. This is very important! That way when they ask your information, you will be able to answer right away without any hesitation. If you fail to do it, they will flag your behavior

Second, give them a call and explain that you got email/message saying that the account was suspended and asking you to call to verify. Make sure you mention to ebay teammate "asking me to call to verify" so you give them the reason already for the suspension and they don't need to investigate further.

Third, just answer all of their verification question. If you live in USA, they will ask your verification question based on public record. Per my experience, I never get away with it so I always create Canadian ebay account with Canadian personal information which is not subjected to public record verification question. Also, the ebay account outside USA will have easier question, such as your personal information based on what you have registered.

Fourth, they will ask you the purpose of using eBay. Just tell them that your mainly purpose is for buying and occasionally you need to sell your used household item that you no longer need. You can also tell them that you need to get rid of your unused item such as your phone (explain that you just bought new phone and your old phone no longer needed), used shoes or clothes, anything your personal item. DON'T MENTION ANY BRAND! That way the ebay temmate will know that you are only using ebay account for personal purpose, not for starting a business and they will tend to re-instate your account.

Note: If they start asking your ID or proof of identity, just pretending that you starting to have bad reception and make excuse to call back. Before calling back, make sure you generate new one-time passcode on your ebay so you will get different ebay temmates. Afterwards, give them a call again.

Per my experience, I was asked to provide proof of ID and merchandise because I was acting to be a seller with lots of item. Luckily, the reception was bad enough that I can excuse myself to call them back.

Second time calling them, they just told me that the decision was final and they didn't want to re-instate the account.

Third time, I generated new one-time pass-code then give them call again. Using the trick above, I managed to get away with it and my account was re-instated.

That's all I can share and good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to ccmks For This Useful Post:
3000 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019

Longevity: 27%

I am in the same position I will try this trick and see what ganna happen. But I saw some guys who set up brand new accounts and they don't get suspention
Old 06-29-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Bman nails it again.

The bots are setup to catch abnormalities. People, THINK about what you are doing and answer this question honestly:

Am I doing something a normal user would do?

Most people are not interested in selling; there are far more BUYERS than sellers. That's a big clue!

As of 2017, there were about 168 Million Active Buyers on eBay, and 6.7 million SELLERS.

Registering an account and starting on it straight away is just so wrong in eBay's eyes on so many levels. With a ratio of 25:1, you can bet your behind eBay isn't hurting for more sellers to join their platform, and in fact is making it harder.
Chicken dinner denied !!!!!!
Most Ebay sellers have multiple IDS,FOR BUying,for selling ,for chatting,for mischief,for browsing,I have seven .
There are more sellers than buyers on Ebay,thats why few are making good money on their sales,it is called Race to the bottom.
The entry barrier is so low on Ebay,a camera,a device,ISP and finding something to list-dumpster dive,attic,estate auction,garage sales,right click someone else's picture,you are now an ecommerce business!
If you have a smart phone,you dont even need a camera,thats why the pictures look like **** !
Buyers are also sellers,they resell what they bought,either back on Ebay or elsewhere,elsewhere covers both cyberspace and land,many antique and used items dealers shop on EBAY,the world largest fleamarket.
Dealers who attend antique fairs and hunt for antiques in auctions find it easier to find them on EBAY,in the comfort of their home or attending their stores,and damn good prices too.
Prices have been declining year after year,there is only one reason why,there are at least ten sellers for each buyer,probably more than ten,ten is very conservative number.
CHICKEN DINNER DENIED,eat pasta with no meat sauce instead !
Old 06-29-2019

also,I doubt if Ebay caught abnormality just because someone open an account and list items immediately.
More folks open an account on Ebay because they want to sell,they need the money and the allure of being an entrepreneur is so strong,they see $$ in their eyes,turning junks into cash,Ebay used to advertise on TV!
We could all use some extra cash and raising money on Ebay is better than going to a pawn shop,listing on Craigslist or going to a consignor,fee is lower and it could take just a few days and you see the money in your Paypal account,and you can go shopping for grocery using your Paypal debit card. or buy a chicken dinner !
Why does Ebay suspend the new account ?so it can ask a few questions ,there are more sellers than buyers,Ebay can do anything it wants,where else can an individual sell his junks and produce results? Not many.
Old 06-29-2019

---------------------------------------------------------
totaly absurd,go to Ebay seller forum,many old timers there,you ask a question and you get xx responses!
A good percentage of cases not as described come from resellers,they either think they pay too much,they find a lower price from other sellers,they cant sell the items and make a profit or it takes too long to resell and their credit card statement come and they have to pay interest on the items they purchased.
THESE buyers or resellers are known as bottomfeeders and the name of the game on EBay is Race to the bottom.
Old 06-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Bigger fool me for reading that garbage but you sir are an idiot.
you call me an idiot,then you must be a bigger idiot to recognise one,congratulations,I hope Brexit does you much good.
Old 06-30-2019

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmks View Post
If you live in USA, they will ask your verification question based on public record. Per my experience, I never get away with it so I always create Canadian ebay account with Canadian personal information which is not subjected to public record verification question.
The seller calmed me down by saying that eBay does it randomly. It seems that it isn't like your experience. Do you think I can get away with a new US account that was replaced?