People on the forum selling 10's of thousands of dollars of items a month... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-20-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default People on the forum selling 10's of thousands of dollars of items a month...

I'm curious, with all this tightening up with Paypal and them needing tax ID records to prevent limitations...how are these people on here with stealth accounts keeping accounts open doing high volume sales each month?

It almost makes me question what the point is of purchasing a stealth account with high initial selling limits...if you can't even really use them because of how strict Paypal is these days with the 200 transactions/$20k sales per year limitations.

How are these people doing it? I thought even signing up for an EIN or business doesn't work because Paypal now asks for official documentation to verify the person's identity as well as their business.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ninjastyle10 For This Useful Post:
MrAnon (07-22-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: People on the forum selling 10's of thousands of dollars of items a month...

They open many accounts,say 30 and move from account to account,keep rotating.
But I wonder what they sell and how profitable ,you can sell $100k a year and make very little after fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
ninjastyle10 (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: People on the forum selling 10's of thousands of dollars of items a month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
But I wonder what they sell and how profitable ,you can sell $100k a year and make very little after fees.
I agree, Finding out what to sell and profit is very difficult when you take account ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping supplies, shipping, mileage (both vehicle and gas to/from post office, etc.)
Old 07-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This is what I originally thought...perhaps they're just wording it vaguely to encompass all their accounts. But I was under the assumption that they were referring to just one large account that they're selling hundreds/thousands of items on a month.

What you said makes more sense though. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 07-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastyle10 View Post
This is what I originally thought...perhaps they're just wording it vaguely to encompass all their accounts. But I was under the assumption that they were referring to just one large account that they're selling hundreds/thousands of items on a month.

What you said makes more sense though. Thanks for the clarification!
Still wonder what it is they sell and how they make a profit?
Old 07-20-2019

Activity: 1%
Send a message via Skype™ to bman707

you need to find the right product that you can sell for a good price and is popular at the time do some research it takes a lot of work to find items to make money since there's so many sellers

Fresh Secure US/UK/Canada IP Address : https://secure.ipburger.com/aff.php?aff=191
Old 07-20-2019

you can go to EBAY and find out,I would think electronics would be very popular.
Old 07-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3192m View Post
Still wonder what it is they sell and how they make a profit?
I'm well aware of products with great profit margins (actually what I sold in the past and continue to sell...not Vero).

Of course most people know these come from China lol.
Old 07-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

To sell $100,000 a month on a well made EIN account with a good product and better service is not at all unrealistic. With time, the right products, excellent service, many many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The secret?
Make a real business, Have good products that are also in demand and have the best service. Really, it is the same as any other business.
Old 07-21-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
To sell $100,000 a month on a well made EIN account with a good product and better service is not at all unrealistic. With time, the right products, excellent service, many many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The secret?
Make a real business, Have good products that are also in demand and have the best service. Really, it is the same as any other business.
I was under the impression the 'having a real business but also convincing paypal you are who you are' part was the most difficult. Or else more people would do it. Because I'm pretty sure a good chunk of people doing stealth (such as myself) are selling legitimate low risk products.

I'd be completely privy to going the legit business route if not for all the stories on here of what kind of matching documentation paypal is asking for these days (matching against IRS records). Even with forged documents, they're going to check the identity of the business owner (which obviously can't be the real person or you'd blow your cover) against public records. Unless there's some magical formula I'm not aware of.
Old 07-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastyle10 View Post
I was under the impression the 'having a real business but also convincing paypal you are who you are' part was the most difficult. Or else more people would do it. Because I'm pretty sure a good chunk of people doing stealth (such as myself) are selling legitimate low risk products.

I'd be completely privy to going the legit business route if not for all the stories on here of what kind of matching documentation paypal is asking for these days (matching against IRS records). Even with forged documents, they're going to check the identity of the business owner (which obviously can't be the real person or you'd blow your cover) against public records. Unless there's some magical formula I'm not aware of.
Oh ok..........Get a job I guess. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Appl (07-21-2019), ebaystealth1974 (07-24-2019)
Old 07-21-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Oh ok..........Get a job I guess. Good luck.
Lol I'm not sure if that was a subtle diss or sarcasm.

Ebay is not my primary gig, and that wasn't the focus of this discussion.

My thread was just intended on gaining clarity on how some people apparently are able to do high volume transactions on ebay with a stealth account.

You made it seem like it was fairly easy to get around Paypal restrictions. I wasn't aware it was. But thanks for input.... I guess.
Old 07-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

To be 100% honest I feel like my business accounts were grandfathered into the new system and I seriously doubt I could replicate my setup with the way things are now regarding upgrading your PP account to business.

2 out of 3 of my business accounts do at least $10k/mo (much more most months) and they run seamlessly. They were made with the old method of putting your EIN twice during the upgrade. Hasn't come back to bite me in the butt yet after 4 years, fortunately. I haven't upgraded an account in a while but I don't feel like that's an option anymore based on what I've read here.

Really, I think your best bet these days for building up a high volume account would be forming a business, making a business eBay account from the get-go, and hope you're let into managed payments. Now that eBay is allowing Paypal payments in managed payments accounts in managed payments get just as many sales as accounts that aren't. And from what I've gathered so far eBay is slightly easier to work with alone compared to working with both eBay and Paypal.
Old 07-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
To be 100% honest I feel like my business accounts were grandfathered into the new system and I seriously doubt I could replicate my setup with the way things are now regarding upgrading your PP account to business.

2 out of 3 of my business accounts do at least $10k/mo (much more most months) and they run seamlessly. They were made with the old method of putting your EIN twice during the upgrade. Hasn't come back to bite me in the butt yet after 4 years, fortunately. I haven't upgraded an account in a while but I don't feel like that's an option anymore based on what I've read here.

Really, I think your best bet these days for building up a high volume account would be forming a business, making a business eBay account from the get-go, and hope you're let into managed payments. Now that eBay is allowing Paypal payments in managed payments accounts in managed payments get just as many sales as accounts that aren't. And from what I've gathered so far eBay is slightly easier to work with alone compared to working with both eBay and Paypal.
hey brother, what exactly is meant by managed payments? you mean like adyen? also isn't pa ypal going to be obsolete for stealth in 2020? (sorry if i'm sounding dumb)
Old 07-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborpoint View Post
hey brother, what exactly is meant by managed payments? you mean like adyen? also isn't pa ypal going to be obsolete for stealth in 2020? (sorry if i'm sounding dumb)
Adyen is the company eBay used to create their "managed payments" system. It's called managed payments on eBay so I've started calling it managed payments instead of Adyen.

About the 2nd part.. I'm not sure when but sometime in the next couple of years yes, Paypal will become obsolete to stealth because it will no longer be an option for any sellers. I've heard 2020, 2021, and 2023 as years given when Paypal will no longer be an option for sellers. Paypal will still be somewhat relevant though since buyers can pay you with Paypal in managed payments. The difference is that the payment is included with your payouts from eBay instead of going into your Paypal account.
Old 07-21-2019

Longevity: 34%

I sell electronics between 200-400 a sale. I do over 100 sales a month. A stealth account usually lasts me about 1.5 months or so.

Someone doing laptops, can easy sell around 800 per sale. Profit all depends on your supply system. I am able to make around 100-200 per sale.
Old 07-21-2019

Ninja,
If you have the capital and the leads to get some nifty merchandise to sell on a long term basis,try to find out how to get a regular not stealth account,it would be awful if they restricted your account and your money for 6 months.
and you lose all the good feedback and repeat customers.
do you know someone in the trade who is not as internet savvy as you or just dont have the time,two can do more than one,as long as you trust each other.
I will give you one example,we have an indoor flea market ,there is this guy who is a whiz in repairing old electronics and thats what he enjoys doing and he sells them in his store,what if someone partners with him and sell his ware on internet?
Another is someone with a watch repair shop,he has this old man who repairs watches,he then sells them on Ebay,take sharp pictures and describe well,or someone who runs a pawn shop?
You can also go online and apply to be a reseller of brand name electronics from manufacturer direct,they will give you a discount and a credit line.
These are refurbished by their own inhouse technicians,and some are just returns from big stores like BBY and there is nothing wrong with them
Old 07-23-2019

Longevity: 61%
Red face Re: People on the forum selling 10's of thousands of dollars of items a month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

I guess I've got a grandfathered account. But it's not, I never entered any info when asked for ss ein for tax reasons. 6 years to date...still rollin'. And its my only account. I don't really sell on it at all just a boat load of invoicing. Seems safer then selling on ebay.

Last edited by okay; 07-23-2019 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-23-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Nobody say you what to sell. You need to figure it alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garesasa For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-23-2019), james13v (07-27-2019)
Old 07-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post
I guess I've got a grandfathered account. But it's not, I never entered any info when asked for ss ein for tax reasons. 6 years to date...still rollin'. And its my only account. I don't really sell on it at all just a boat load of invoicing. Seems safer then selling on ebay.
My OG paypal account was open for almost 15 years before it eventually got hit with the paypal tax info request, then limited, then banned.

I did 6 figures of sales + on and off Ebay on that account, never had an issue, and even used my legit EIN LLC on it.

However, it was originally opened in my girlfriend's name, as my first ever paypal account was hacked by some russian to the tune of $2k and I had to have it manually closed out by Paypal (this was around like 2002). I never really thought about the future repercussions of opening a paypal account in my girl's name...but surprised it took them a decade and a half to finally shut it down. Oh well.
Old 07-24-2019

I have 16 stealth accounts right now. Each account does $1500/mo. My profit margin is over 75% on the items I sell, so I make easily over $1k/mo per account. You just have to find the right items
The Following User Says Thank You to ouako For This Useful Post:
Renenutet (07-26-2019)
Old 07-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Good to see you oauko - I'm running low on coils.