I have found loop holes around returns and defects - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-02-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default I have found loop holes around returns and defects

Method: don't generate a label from eBay.
Print your own label, put unnoticeable line through the barcode and swap some of the tracking numbers.

If the buyer drops it off, well a week later you win since it won't scan.
I've had buyers message me saying it aint working.
I talk some **** to them because they won't respond for a couple days when I send them a message but now I approve return and it ain't working now theyre quick to say something.
And they always ask for a refund cause the label don't work and I tell them I never give refunds without getting it returned to me." I don't support people like you abusing eBay return system and I'm hoping once you become something in life to where you can afford this you can pay me back what you owe me"
I swear I had one dude say "I don't think it's nice to say things like that, and I can afford it, I will keep the item"
Next step: I ask them for pp email and tell them I'll send money for you to buy the label.
After that they call eBay and I get a message from eBay saying we've generated a label on eBay, and asked buyer to return it to you. This won't affect seller performance

Also this tactic works great on international sales where they know we can't generate a label in a different country and it cost like $20 to ship it back
Same process, skip to I'll send money to PayPal to pay for label, send screen shot to eBay
They approve return.
You get the item back, and then you do the same **** they did to you on PayPal
And open a inad case and get your shipping money back.

Keynote: I am in categories with a lot of scammers that want to rent stuff
But they don't realize I'm in the business of selling stuff

However, I am nice to honest return people but I can tell real quick based on their feedback left and what they write in the return box what kind of returner it is.

I always approve returns, and never issue full refunds. Half the people after I approve , ghost me and 7 days later I call eBay and they close the case to due to inactivity of the buyer
The Following User Says Thank You to 0nelove For This Useful Post:
cafonabob (11-02-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2019

Activity: 2%
Default Re: I have found loop holes around returns and defects

how thin line should be. Can you show an example?
Old 11-02-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

-----------
DO YOU MEAN INR,not INAD?
Old 11-02-2019

The problem with your tactics,is that if they lose the dispute,they turn to their cc issuer and show the shipping label you gave them,some cc issuers will side with them and you lose
Old 11-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SS View Post
how thin line should be. Can you show an example?
Basically size of drawing a line with a pen, has to be in the white part on the bar code or you can also take away a part of the black barcode
Just a small slice of it.
Test it with your phones bar code scanner and see if it recognizes
Camaro2SS (11-07-2019)
Old 11-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
-----------
DO YOU MEAN INR,not INAD?
Inad, defective
Because the shipping label if uploaded will prove it was delivered.
Buy with goods and services, leave the info blank so PayPal doesn’t know what you bought.
Old 11-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The problem with your tactics,is that if they lose the dispute,they turn to their cc issuer and show the shipping label you gave them,some cc issuers will side with them and you lose
Buyers are dumb. Smart enough to get stuff for free, but they are obviously lazy because they aren’t willing to work and make real money

If they get that far, awesome they earned it.
Lol
Old 11-02-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Unless I haven't understood you correctly, you intentionally make it impossible for your customers to return items. Then you denigrate them until they do as you please.
The mission of this forum as I understand it to be is getting back on eBay when you've been unfairly booted. It is NOT to find ways to give customers a bad shopping experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
blackdahlia (11-08-2019), phaz0rz (11-10-2019)
Old 11-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Unless I haven't understood you correctly, you intentionally make it impossible for your customers to return items. Then you denigrate them until they do as you please.
The mission of this forum as I understand it to be is getting back on eBay when you've been unfairly booted. It is NOT to find ways to give customers a bad shopping experience.
Yes and no
They can always ship the item back with a tracking number, but they always want me to pay cause they are scammers, maybe you didn't read where I wrote that I check to see if they are scammers before I do this. Our only obligation on eBay is to ship what they ordered with a tracking#. eBay handles what happens after that, I just use the limited options I have.

And tbh the title of the message eBay sends is" thanks for trying to resolve the issue with the buyer"

EBAY thanks me and then,
At the bottom of the message eBay has written" this case will not affect your seller performance"

My perspective of the mission of the forums is to be successful making eBay accounts and have a good selling experience.

If anything I help eBay sellers, most are push overs and just hand out refunds scared of negative fb, and then the buyer does it to more sellers. I help break that cycle.

I used to have a pacifist mentality, that ship has sailed.
solefoodbk (11-03-2019)
Old 11-02-2019

first,Ebay wants sellers to sell cheap,then it wants sellers to offer free shipping,then it wants sellers to allow 30 days return,then it wants seller to pick up return shipping.
AMZN starts all these,it is called Race to the Bottom,but AMZN has AWS which subsidises its retail business,what does Ebay have,but its sellers?

It is not helping ,look at Ebay stock ,it is trading at what 38?while AMZN at 1800s.
Old 11-02-2019

One Ebay seller stated ,we do not pay for return shipping,if you buy something in a store and you want to return it,do you expect the store to come and pick up the item or you go back to the store to return the item?
Unfortunately,Ebay return policy trumps seller policy.
Etsy does not make the seller to pick up return shipping BUT you never know,it has recently ask seller to offer free shipping to get better visibility.
Etsy stock tanked 16% after announcing earnings on Thursday
Old 11-02-2019

Longevity: 68%

They just closed the loophole about 2 months ago but for about a year you could call eBay and complain the buyer sent back the wrong item and eBay would give your money back and let you keep the item.

You have the right idea. It is a great way to eliminate defects and get negative feedback removed but you should always refund the buyer "out of the kindness of your heart". Don't cheat your customers. Screw eBay. Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nelove View Post
Yes and no
They can always ship the item back with a tracking number, but they always want me to pay cause they are scammers, maybe you didn't read where I wrote that I check to see if they are scammers before I do this. Our only obligation on eBay is to ship what they ordered with a tracking#. eBay handles what happens after that, I just use the limited options I have.

And tbh the title of the message eBay sends is" thanks for trying to resolve the issue with the buyer"

EBAY thanks me and then,
At the bottom of the message eBay has written" this case will not affect your seller performance"

My perspective of the mission of the forums is to be successful making eBay accounts and have a good selling experience.

If anything I help eBay sellers, most are push overs and just hand out refunds scared of negative fb, and then the buyer does it to more sellers. I help break that cycle.

I used to have a pacifist mentality, that ship has sailed.

Last edited by cafonabob; 11-02-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-02-2019

You could put your cell phone in the washing machine. List it on eBay "for parts/not working". Clearly mention that it was in the washing machine and no longer works.

Buyer will open an INAD case "I took it to a repair shop and the technician says it is impossible to repair. You said for parts/repair. They can't repair it so I want my money back"

90% eBay will decide in this buyers favor and ask buyer to return item for a refund.

Screw them. He has the right idea. Take control of your business in any way you can.

Quote:
One Ebay seller stated ,we do not pay for return shipping,if you buy something in a store and you want to return it,do you expect the store to come and pick up the item or you go back to the store to return the item?
Unfortunately,Ebay return policy trumps seller policy.
Etsy does not make the seller to pick up return shipping BUT you never know,it has recently ask seller to offer free shipping to get better visibility.
Etsy stock tanked 16% after announcing earnings on Thursday

Last edited by cafonabob; 11-02-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2019

Quote:
Inad, defective
Because the shipping label if uploaded will prove it was delivered.
Buy with goods and services, leave the info blank so PayPal doesn’t know what you bought.
if INAD,then you win the dispute and would be asked to return the item?
Paypal will make you pay for shipping unless you apply to make Paypal gives you money to ship?
so do you return an empty envlope with tracking?
Old 11-03-2019

-Ebay has amended its return policy recently so seller can issue partial refund,
-there is a category for parts /salvage ,if you list there,buyer cant complain it is not working,but some buyers shop there and expect the item to work,some sellers list working devices there as they dont want any INAD dispute.
If you dont like Ebay policy,best is not to sell on Ebay,it tends to favor buyers over sellers.
In my area shopping mall,I see a machine where you can dropoff your phones and it will give you cash,how much I dont know and how does it know if it is working or not,I dont know if they still have it,malls are pretty empty these days
Old 11-03-2019

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

This is my type of thread. Good job OP. I never done this, but there is so many ways to manipulate the process to get defects and negatives removed.

Some don’t care, I do. When some little kids leavings stupid feedback saying I’m selling something ⊗⊗⊗⊗, or don’t buy from this seller etc etc it is intentionally done to prevent me from making money. And they only do this because they want their money back because they spent $200 bucks on a tee or the seasons change.

Business isn’t personal but there is a very thin line, and when people do things to intentionally try and affect my account which I always take seriously, I have zero remorse when I have to fix it.

Side note: if you have a anchor shop, you need to always deal with normal CS because they just go off policy and they are the easiest to manipulate. The merchant support, can do more but that can also backfire.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 11-03-2019 at 01:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
cafonabob (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
if INAD,then you win the dispute and would be asked to return the item?
Paypal will make you pay for shipping unless you apply to make Paypal gives you money to ship?
so do you return an empty envelope with tracking?
I plan on trying the PayPal free return shipping.
I'm waiting on one to arrive so I can see if they will reimburse

And yes to the empty envelope within the u.s.
I sold a laptop they borrowed it and it worked 100% when I got it back.
I payed over 20 bucks to ship it to Cali so i sent him some travel brochures back. Lol
Keynote: you have to hope they comply bc if they call eBay, they'll just generate a label since it's within the u.s.
Either way defect is removed though

I can't make my money back on used electronics, I owed him that

I'm still learning
I was just having a crazy couple weeks, kinda motivated me to write all that
Old 11-05-2019

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob View Post
You could put your cell phone in the washing machine. List it on eBay "for parts/not working". Clearly mention that it was in the washing machine and no longer works.

Buyer will open an INAD case "I took it to a repair shop and the technician says it is impossible to repair. You said for parts/repair. They can't repair it so I want my money back"

90% eBay will decide in this buyers favor and ask buyer to return item for a refund.

Screw them. He has the right idea. Take control of your business in any way you can.
hmm lol I never considered that something listed for repair, can be construed as being able to be repaired. Technically, the buyer is right.
Old 11-06-2019

That is not correct. It can be repaired. Anything can be repaired. If you pour gasoline on your car and torch it, there are people who could sand blast the frame and install new engine, interior, etc... It might cost 10x more than a new car but it can be repaired.

Maybe it is too expensive to repair. Maybe you don't have the expertise to repair it. But you can repair it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
hmm lol I never considered that something listed for repair, can be construed as being able to be repaired. Technically, the buyer is right.

Last edited by cafonabob; 11-06-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2019

Ebay parts/repair means you can use the parts for repair work,it does not mean the item can be repaired to make it work.
seller should appeal if he lost
Old 11-10-2019

Ebay should change the catagory to parts/salvage not parts/repair
Old 11-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

lol.

Last week (being a total prick to your customer. Like, seriously being the biggest @sshole you can possibly be):
Quote:
" I don't support people like you abusing eBay return system and I'm hoping once you become something in life to where you can afford this you can pay me back what you owe me"
I swear I had one dude say "I don't think it's nice to say things like that, and I can afford it, I will keep the item"
This week:
Quote:
Dang, 2 out of 4 of my new accounts got suspended and I called and bitched the supervisor out for like 20 minutes.

Yes I read the whole post. There's no way for you to truly differentiate legitimate return requests from scam ones with any kind of accuracy.