Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
iTrader: (0)
Default Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

My Listing says 10 business days of handling and the estimated time for receiving including the shipping is 11-16 business days but i already had 3 buyers open up cases with ebay after only 6 business days for item not received.

For example i sold an item on the 20th of this month and ebay says my deadline to ship is the 7th of next month but i had a case open up on the 26th and 27th of December by different buyers and multiple negative feedback's.

What can i do to stop buyers from opening cases, do i need to raise my handling time from 10 business days to 20? or is this a glitch with ebay or just some kind of policy that prevents you from having high handling times
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 12-30-2019
SaiJin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,319
Thanks: 295
Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,978 Posts
Activity: 75%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

They just don't read. THey expect a 3-5 day delivery time whenever they buy.
That's how people are.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 299
Thanks: 92
Thanked 77 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Unfortunately 90% of Ebay buyers are dribbling morons who don't read or understand any of the information supplied to them and then have a tantrum when they don't get their own way. Surely if you contact Ebay customer services and ask them to look at it they will see that the item is not yet due and remove the negative feedbacks? Ebay staff aren't usually very bright so as long as you are polite and can build a bit of rapport, they will usually give you what you want within reason

I have done this in the past, when the customer is clearly in the wrong sometimes Ebay will be quite helpful.



Also, have you contacted the buyers and asked them to re-read the listing? What did they say about it after you drew their attention to the shipping information?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

" i just filed a police report , i suspect it fallen off a truck"

" you are a scammer, this is fraud"

" other buyers seem to be having issues i clearly see you have no plans in shipping it"

and then after i upload the tracking i get

" i dont want it anymore"

" it weights 1.4 pounds i suspect your a fraud, when the tracking shows 14lbs on ups lol"

then one opens a case with PayPal saying not received after 48hrs....

listing is lowest price for the item compared to all competition, i am selling kitchen items my handling is high due to drop shipping Nothing from the vero program

the account is a business llc account. I already have 5 bad feedbacks for "non delivery" but we are no where even close to the deadline on these.

Is it hard to get ebay to remove the feedback? i ended up adding the tracking numbers but i still got alot of feedback's saying non delivery

also if a buyer opens a case can i get the case postponed to the end of my handling time window like the ship by date ? or is it really only 3-4 days after they open the case and my handling time is only a suggestion that i cannot enforce?

Just want advice on the best way moving foward. i keep having to make new llcs every other month and i am on like my 5th account, i usually can cash out between 5-10k each time before getting limited for lack of tracking... I do post the tracking eventually its just i am slow at doing it and getting it. the items are often shipped several days before i get the tracking.

trackinghttps://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=frankobatho&fta b=AllFeedback

all the non deliverys were shipped within the deadline

Last edited by Vivandoencolor; 12-30-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 299
Thanks: 92
Thanked 77 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

They sound like difficult buyers, unfortunately there are a lot of them.

I think if you ring Ebay Customer Care and discuss it with them, they might be able to understand it from your perspective. Realistically if your listing states 11-16 days and they can clearly see that the customer is being unreasonable then I don't see why they won't help you.

Plus if one agent says no, just hang up and ring straight back. Sometimes you need to talk to 2 or 3 agents before you find one that will help you. Also try different times of day, ideally you want to be connected to the call centre in the Phillipines. The staff there don't even really know the policies and will mostly do anything you ask them to.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 146
Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivandoencolor View Post
" i just filed a police report , i suspect it fallen off a truck"

" you are a scammer, this is fraud"

" other buyers seem to be having issues i clearly see you have no plans in shipping it"

and then after i upload the tracking i get

" i dont want it anymore"

" it weights 1.4 pounds i suspect your a fraud, when the tracking shows 14lbs on ups lol"

then one opens a case with PayPal saying not received after 48hrs....

listing is lowest price for the item compared to all competition, i am selling kitchen items my handling is high due to drop shipping Nothing from the vero program

the account is a business llc account. I already have 5 bad feedbacks for "non delivery" but we are no where even close to the deadline on these.

Is it hard to get ebay to remove the feedback? i ended up adding the tracking numbers but i still got alot of feedback's saying non delivery

also if a buyer opens a case can i get the case postponed to the end of my handling time window like the ship by date ? or is it really only 3-4 days after they open the case and my handling time is only a suggestion that i cannot enforce?

Just want advice on the best way moving foward. i keep having to make new llcs every other month and i am on like my 5th account, i usually can cash out between 5-10k each time before getting limited for lack of tracking... I do post the tracking eventually its just i am slow at doing it and getting it. the items are often shipped several days before i get the tracking.

trackinghttps://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=frankobatho&fta b=AllFeedback

all the non deliverys were shipped within the deadline

It sounds like you are about to get your account suspended soon, get the stealth ready
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RipeBanana For This Useful Post:
tonya0215 (01-23-2020)
  #7  
Old 12-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 299
Thanks: 92
Thanked 77 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipeBanana View Post
It sounds like you are about to get your account suspended soon, get the stealth ready
The cases are opened before the stated delivery time, so the seller hasn't actually done anything wrong. A well placed phonecall to Ebay will fix that, I've fixed bigger problems than that on the phone. I even manage to re-instate an account that had 3 Vero strikes on it, although it only lasted a week until I got it banned again lol
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
james13v (01-02-2020), rafoman (01-08-2020)
  #8  
Old 12-30-2019
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 10,316
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 937 Times in 883 Posts
Activity: 76%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

or example i sold an item on the 20th of this month and ebay says my deadline to ship is the 7th of next month but i had a case open up on the 26th and 27th of December by different buyers and multiple negative feedback's.
---------------------------------------------------------
are you sure EBAY said you can ship latest is Jan 7th?
thats 18 days from the time order is placed?
No one wants to buy from the seller who takes 18 days to prepare shipment?unless it is a customs order
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

How would i upload proof of that here?

Yes because i set handling time to 10 business days and its the holidays so the delivery times are a little wacky.

I was already temporarily suspended and i had to appeal to get my account reopened they just again asked my business plan and to confirm my info

I will follow the advice of the fourm and try ringing up ebay and see what can be done,

Does paypal know when i get negative feedback? will this put my paypal account in jeporady? tbh if my ebay is suspended its ok if i can get all the money out. The llc only costs about 50$ to file for me and a tracphone sim is 20$ my startup costs are low
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-30-2019
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 10,316
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 937 Times in 883 Posts
Activity: 76%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

from my own experience,we cannot open INR before delivery date,when I buy from Chineses sellers ,it could take 30 days to arrive.
so how can your buyers open INR case in 6-7 days if Ebay allows you 18 days?
did you check your listings?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-30-2019
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 10,316
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 937 Times in 883 Posts
Activity: 76%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Your money in your Paypal account is already withheld and it wont change until cases are closed,if you lose,the money goes back to the buyer.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

no i meant the money witheld from the transactions not in cases.

i had about 60-70 transactions this month with aroud 12 cancellations and 5 cases so far. I am afraid if i get too many cases on ebay paypal will limit me and i will never get the rest of the money

I have about 3k being held right now not including the disputed transactions

yes i double checked.

here is one listing i received a complaint on

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cuisinart-I...-/312887597543
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 452
Thanks: 3
Thanked 204 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 23%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Nobody stated the obvious.
Yes Ebay buyers don't read, but to blame the customer for bad service (two week delivery is bad) is foolish.
You are uploading tracking after they file a INR claim. Upload your tracking immediately after your drop shipper provides it to you. Buyers pay attention at tracking! Some people may wait two weeks for an item if they can see tracking and movement on their order.
If your drop shipper can't provide tracking info fast enough, drop them, as it's causing YOUR customer service suffering.
One more piece of advice:
Start stocking merchandise and shipping it yourself if you have the time and money. It's your business, make it great by providing great customer service.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-01-2020)
  #14  
Old 12-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 236
Thanks: 36
Thanked 53 Times in 47 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
or example i sold an item on the 20th of this month and ebay says my deadline to ship is the 7th of next month but i had a case open up on the 26th and 27th of December by different buyers and multiple negative feedback's.
---------------------------------------------------------
are you sure EBAY said you can ship latest is Jan 7th?
thats 18 days from the time order is placed?
No one wants to buy from the seller who takes 18 days to prepare shipment?unless it is a customs order
I have seen many listings lately with long shipping times. As a buyer I can choose to buy and wait or buy from a different seller that does not have that long wait time.
I messaged one of the sellers and asked if that shipping time was correct and the seller told me due to there seller metrics eBay has placed longer shipping times on there items because of a larger amount of item not received cases filed. That when compared to there peers they had a larger percentage and the longer shipping and receiving dates are moved out until there metrics are better.
The seller stated it doesn't take her that long and wound not but eBay added the wait time not her.
Maybe this is something along those lines. I don't know but thought I would share what I was told.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-01-2020)
  #15  
Old 12-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 109
Thanks: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

If the buyers didn't talk about the item and just talked about shipping
As long as you upload the tracking before you call, you can most likely get them removed.
I've called and talked to 3 diff people and they all have different thought process and the 3rd one took care of me.
I've learned if they are already leaning against me , to be really polite and say actually I gotta go nice talking to you, don't waste time explaining to much and trying to switch their opinion. You don't want them to write notes on the transaction for the next persn and as long as you keep it polite and simple and act defeated they won't bother writing anything
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 0nelove For This Useful Post:
james13v (01-01-2020)
  #16  
Old 12-30-2019
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 10,316
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 937 Times in 883 Posts
Activity: 76%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

I looked at some of your listings,it said free shipping from Columbia,Missouri YET the estimated shipping/delivery is 6-11 days.
talk about race to the bottom,you are asking $149 for Cuisinart ice cream maker while others are asking over $200.
Buyers want it for Xmas,so they expect the item to arrive before XmAS,may be the Columbia Missouri location allows them to file INR,it trumps your estimated delivery?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-01-2020
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 659
Thanked 444 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
Nobody stated the obvious.
Yes Ebay buyers don't read, but to blame the customer for bad service (two week delivery is bad) is foolish.
You are uploading tracking after they file a INR claim. Upload your tracking immediately after your drop shipper provides it to you. Buyers pay attention at tracking! Some people may wait two weeks for an item if they can see tracking and movement on their order.
If your drop shipper can't provide tracking info fast enough, drop them, as it's causing YOUR customer service suffering.
One more piece of advice:
Start stocking merchandise and shipping it yourself if you have the time and money. It's your business, make it great by providing great customer service.
Of course it's their damn fault! It's not bad service. They are agreeing to the exact service you're selling, before they buy it. They are getting EXACTLY the service they are paying for, which by definition is GOOD service. What a load of bull**** to try to claim otherwise. No one forced them to wait two weeks. THEY CHOSE TO.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-01-2020
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 659
Thanked 444 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

And I can't see how this is even possible, as the system prevents you from opening an INR case before the LATEST estimated DELIVERY date. So you're either not telling us something, or there is something seriously wrong with ebay right now.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-01-2020
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 10,316
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 937 Times in 883 Posts
Activity: 76%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

There is nothing seriously wrong with Ebay delivery date,her shipping location trumps her estimate delivery date,different robots roam the site 24/7,they each have different mission and logic.
her listing passed mustard with one robot but not the other,welcome to the world of Artificial Intelligence.
But I have to agree with the previous poster,dropshipping has its own perils,you hold no inventory,you rely on third party to supply you with the goods and do the legwork,you have no control how much is in stock,who processes your orders and do the shipping.
There is a factory in Columbia,Missouri which churns out consumer appliances,Toastmaster is their brand,if these are made in that factory,they must have large customers like WMT.AMZN,dept stores on their priority list.
As you can see from her estimated delivery date of 11 days,it does not take that long to process an order.,she must know the items she is selling could run out of stock !
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-01-2020
agent006140's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 10,316
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 937 Times in 883 Posts
Activity: 76%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
I have seen many listings lately with long shipping times. As a buyer I can choose to buy and wait or buy from a different seller that does not have that long wait time.
I messaged one of the sellers and asked if that shipping time was correct and the seller told me due to there seller metrics eBay has placed longer shipping times on there items because of a larger amount of item not received cases filed. That when compared to there peers they had a larger percentage and the longer shipping and receiving dates are moved out until there metrics are better.
The seller stated it doesn't take her that long and wound not but eBay added the wait time not her.
Maybe this is something along those lines. I don't know but thought I would share what I was told.
Many Ebay and non EBay sellers do not have inventory,they rely on wholesalers,distributors,other retailers to make,hold and ship their orders.
They should figure into their business model,there is a higher chance things do not go smoothly .
OP is selling those icecream makers for $149 while others are asking $200 plus,so how much can she be making after Paypal,Ebay fees and shipping?
She could be losingmoney instead if the buyers won the dispute and then received the item .
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-01-2020
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 146
Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
And I can't see how this is even possible, as the system prevents you from opening an INR case before the LATEST estimated DELIVERY date. So you're either not telling us something, or there is something seriously wrong with ebay right now.

Thats true you cant open on ebay before the delivery date. On paypal, its possible to over there
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RipeBanana For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-01-2020)
  #22  
Old 01-01-2020
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 659
Thanked 444 Times in 346 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Buyers opening up item not recieve cases before ship by date

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipeBanana View Post
Thats true you cant open on ebay before the delivery date. On paypal, its possible to over there
I mean, yeah? But OP clearly said ebay?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 buyers claimed to recieve wrong item thebayseller eBay Discussion! 17 12-26-2019 06:36 PM
Buyer didn't recieve item? bhavik95 eBay Discussion! 7 06-17-2016 08:39 AM
Do buyers not have to ship with tracking when they return an item nikedell PayPal Talk 5 06-14-2016 09:38 PM
vpn not opening ebay cases Mandigo101 eBay Discussion! 0 02-17-2015 12:10 PM
People opening cases for no reason eezo UK eBay & Paypal 18 01-06-2014 05:39 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58