EBay Asks For VAT registration - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-01-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: EBay Asks For VAT registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Great come back from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about

But ur the one who can't back up what ur saying. I'm happy to be proven wrong cos I don't wanna end up in a pickle myself!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Ah, the logic of the fool. "I dont like being corrected so if he fails to 'back it up' then he's wrong and I didn't hear it even thought I know he's right".

Here's a controversial idea if you don't want to end up in a pickle....tell them FFS.

At the risk or repeating myself yet again, I am not interested in how you manage your VAT registered accounts, if you're to be believed that is, I simply want to make sure nobody else thinks your stupid advice is remotely correct or wise.

Let's just leave it to any VAT de-registrants to decide for themselves.

Wow. U really can't take being wrong can you. Every post I've seen of urs is putting someone down. Shame on you.

You wouldn't even bother telling most creditors that u are vat registered never mind telling then you no longer are. As far as I know ebay just want ur vat number once u reach the threshold to ensure uve registered. This in no way affects ur vat submission or lack of one when uve legally deregistered. Op is going to go back below the threshold by holding back on sales, so is likely to be accepted for deregistration.

But why does ebay NEED to know this? Whats gonna happen if you don't tell em? How is this illegal??? What bearing does it have on hmrc? If you do tell em it's just another can of worms to open. So I think its in the interests of this forum if you share your reasons so we can all make an informed decision.

Last edited by aniseed; 07-02-2020 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2020

Still waiting for the correction. You just said I was stupidly wrong and cannot back it up. At least I was trying to help the guy.

At the end of the day we're all here to learn and help one another. If i have said something completely wrong I expect to be corrected. But I don't believe I have got it wrong, you flatly refuse to substantiate ur claims and now ur just trying ur hardest to save face, not really in line with the spirit of the forum .

As a senior member you should care for and nurture the noobs, not belittle them every chance you get.

Last edited by aniseed; 07-01-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2020

Lol I've given plenty of posts to explain my answer.

You obviously realise you're either wrong or have misunderstood the specifics of my question.

I've been a member of this forum for many more years than you have. I hope your not representative of it going downhill.

I'm no longer replying to someone who wants to be so petty. Good day.
Old 07-02-2020

I suggest anyone else considering this read the information here
https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/business/about-vat
UK and German sellers do not get a vat reduction on their fees and have to reclaim it locally on your standard vat return. This means if ebay gives you a vat receipt or not, you are not doing anything illegal if you have legally deregistered and are now incapable of claiming the vat back from their fees. Just make sure you aren't sending a vat receipt to the customer.

Obviously if you later go back over the threshold and have to reregister for vat, not doing so is illegal, just like it would have been in the first place but ebay are now forcing the matter after hmrc pressure.

This advice should help anyone who temporarily went over without realising to then deregister. My advice is to not rock the boat with ebay by contacting customer services to tell them you have deregistered. It in no way affects your legal responsibilities so long as you adhere to the above.

The grey area is a vat number will be showed on your seller info page. But so what, just make sure your linnworks template or whatever isn't showing this or vat on the invoice. If a buyer requests a vat receipt just tell them there is no vat being charged. Obviously if you mostly sell to business customers you would usually be better off staying registerd anyway.

If any of this is too 'illegal' for your liking, you probably shouldn't be stealthing or acting in a way that got an account banned in the first place.

Last edited by aniseed; 07-02-2020 at 05:16 AM.