“Your listing was removed counterfeit item policy.” - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-21-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 77%
Default Re: “Your listing was removed counterfeit item policy.”

How do you fight eBay to get a listing reinstated if you have all the paperwork to prove the item is not counterfeit?

2 weeks ago my main listing was removed for counterfeit. Account is legit with 30k feedbacks and listing removed with more than 14k sold for couple years.

I’m sure my competitors did something to file this claim but I don’t how to proceed. eBay reps are not very helpful snd just give me whatever answer.

Can I appeal this in any way to get the listing back and find the responsables?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by renzini; 05-21-2021 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Text correction
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

renzini, how many reps have you gone through at this point?
Old 05-21-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzini View Post
How do you fight eBay to get a listing reinstated if you have all the paperwork to prove the item is not counterfeit?

2 weeks ago my main listing was removed for counterfeit. Account is legit with 30k feedbacks and listing removed with more than 14k sold for couple years.

I’m sure my competitors did something to file this claim but I don’t how to proceed. eBay reps are not very helpful snd just give me whatever answer.

Can I appeal this in any way to get the listing back and find the responsables?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
you aren't getting the listing back. Might be able to get them to allow you to list it. But all the information is now gone. the 14k sold can never come back. I'm sorry.
Old 05-26-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
renzini, how many reps have you gone through at this point?
2, the last one called me back last week for follow up and she said that eBay will request some information, but no email from eBay yet requesting this info.
Old 05-26-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
you aren't getting the listing back. Might be able to get them to allow you to list it. But all the information is now gone. the 14k sold can never come back. I'm sorry.
I just want to relist the item and remove that counterfeit flag that was placed for no reason without any evidence from eBay.
Old 05-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

If you're legit, keep fighting.
Old 05-27-2021

Longevity: 25%

Ebay have become a nightmare in the past 12months, I had an account suspended about a month ago, for selling "counterfeit" goods. No warnings, just an immediate ban. The account had good sales history and 100% positive feedback.

The annoying thing is that the items I was selling are my own work, and have registered copyright in my name. I contacted Ebay, explained that I can prove the items are not counterfeit and they basically just told me no! I asked for an address to send the copyright documents too and they refused to even look at them! I even offered to get the Copyright Office to contact them directly on my behalf and again was told no.

So basically Ebay banned me for selling a counterfeit product, even though I'm the Rights owner, and refused to look at the evidence they were wrong!

Unfortunately 95% of Ebay's decisions are made by call centre employees and it really shows.......
Old 05-27-2021

Longevity: 16%

I received the Counterfeit Notice as well. However, I went and sold 9 again the next day using a different title. I'll wait few more days to list it again. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta23 View Post
I received the Counterfeit Notice as well. However, I went and sold 9 again the next day using a different title. I'll wait few more days to list it again. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Better have back up eb accounts ready in case of permaban
Old 06-01-2021

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
Incorrect! They certainly do.

EDIT: Here is screenshot of an email you would receive if eBay reinstated your listing:

You're a UK account, so maybe it is different. I've never had ebay reinstate a listing, even when they were clearly in the wrong. One time I got them to approve a reinstatement, but it still never happened.
Old 06-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardlogic0 View Post
One time I got them to approve a reinstatement, but it still never happened.
Was this via speaking with an eb rep?
Old 06-02-2021

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainComedown View Post
Ebay have become a nightmare in the past 12months, I had an account suspended about a month ago, for selling "counterfeit" goods. No warnings, just an immediate ban. The account had good sales history and 100% positive feedback.

The annoying thing is that the items I was selling are my own work, and have registered copyright in my name. I contacted Ebay, explained that I can prove the items are not counterfeit and they basically just told me no! I asked for an address to send the copyright documents too and they refused to even look at them! I even offered to get the Copyright Office to contact them directly on my behalf and again was told no.

So basically Ebay banned me for selling a counterfeit product, even though I'm the Rights owner, and refused to look at the evidence they were wrong!

Unfortunately 95% of Ebay's decisions are made by call centre employees and it really shows.......
the eBays policy is very simple, yet they will never admit it is like this.... If your listings in any way / shape / form have similarities with listings that caused problems in the past. They may hit you with Counterfeit Removals at some random time periods. They do sweeps and ban waves few times a year in various categories.

They couldn't care less if what you were selling was your own work. They dont care if its authentic or not authentic. That all does not matter. eBay is too big to care.

So simply adapt and stay away from red-flag items and red flag categories. Unfortunately there isnt a list that you can go and check, you simply learn as you go and improve so that you are not hit the next time.

To give you an example, I sell various items by a given brand and I had all the paperwork from an authorized distributor who sources direct from the manufacturer. I had take downs on Amazon before and after I submitted my invoice, I was reinstated to carry on. eBay on the other hand does not care and WILL NOT accept any evidence. So I simply stopped selling that particular brand on eBay and carried on with my business.

If I kept trying to list that brand again, It would be a guarantee that they would eventually ban my account for too many copyright violations.

Last edited by unity006; 06-02-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2023

Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbro View Post
i just lost today another batch of 10 ebay accounts. Mixed, vero, counterfeit (even from weeks ago). I think its now a ebay sweap as well. Makes sense now covid 19 is on hold or lets say business start back open. I lost some accounts i never ever even sold an item just sitting there with 2 listings for 40 days.
Did they mc011 you or just remove your listings?
Old 01-07-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISellitAll View Post
Did they mc011 you or just remove your listings?
that user hasn't been active in quite some time
Old 01-08-2023

Longevity: 76%

Has anyone submitted their receipts and know how deeply the dig into them? I have legit items but wondering Ebays process with confirming or if our invoices are enough.
Old 01-11-2023

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballaw1 View Post
Has anyone submitted their receipts and know how deeply the dig into them? I have legit items but wondering Ebays process with confirming or if our invoices are enough.
They just review, that is all. Unless you sell millions worth of product eBay will not take the time to call the merchant, and most merchants would not be so willing to giveaway this private information because anyone could be scamming acting like eBay or Amazon. I'm sure there are phone hacks that do this.
Old 01-11-2023

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

there is a difference between invoices for a removed item and invoices for other reasons

if items were removed ebay would not care about authenticity anymore

if they want to verify whether you own items , hold stock etc. then they may accept invoices , especially if the items are not high risk or high price