Buyer said no laptop inside box! Advice help! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-25-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default Re: Buyer said no laptop inside box! Advice help!

The 50% off Edit deduction button is only for those who offer 30 days or more days of returns and it has nothing to do with top rated seller badge. Top rated seller has advantage of reporting the buyer with specific report buyer reason code just to get return postage cost reimbursemnt subcidy in their monthly invoice.

And once the buyer akss eBay to step the 50% off button will disappear and remain restricted for use for the specific transaction.

You can contact any eBay rep and get it confirmed or simply read seller protection help page. I had 50% off button on above standard seller

Last edited by Soundofsilence; 11-25-2020 at 02:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soundofsilence For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (11-25-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if OP is a top rated seller and accept return,he should send a return label and get his package back,issue 50% OF the payment and let Ebay picks up the other 50%,so his loss is 50% plus Paypal fees.
I read the buyer emails several times,he is a reseller and he is buying to resell and the way the emails are written,make me wonder if they are meant to be used every time they like to get a free laptop?
OP should report him to Ebay,Ebay could suspend his buying privilege if enough sellers report him,as he is a hazard to the Ebay seller community
My concern about this... While a good tactic. Lately after I've been 50% refunding people returning opened and used products... the account gets suspended like a day or two later.I think a team is reviewing partial refunds. So i stopped doing that. Unless the item is super cheap, where they probably don't care.
Old 11-25-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
My concern about this... While a good tactic. Lately after I've been 50% refunding people returning opened and used products... the account gets suspended like a day or two later.I think a team is reviewing partial refunds. So i stopped doing that. Unless the item is super cheap, where they probably don't care.
This is fully automated system and no human investigation is involved. The partial refund tool access will be removed if you overuse it than average usage of all the sellers (same category/same price group/ peers of service metrics) and also equally depends on from which buyer you're deducting refund. If the buyer's account has solid history and almost none of the sller ever reported this buyer than system marks as incorrect removal entry.

Also, it depends on how much % you temove it. If removal is not followed as described in removal guidelines table than too you'll loose partial refund tool access. It creates an account issue and eBay rep will ask you to get the issue resolved from their dedicated team. If your refund % removal partter is like always 50% than they'll take away option from you and flag your account.

Last but not the list, your account will get flagged if % of number of buyers who asks eBay for help for remaining refund amount. If it's higher than average seller % than you are a gone case. The edit deduction option will be removed no mater what your serive metric, seller standard level or any other status for that matter.

The final conclusion is, its automated system and until you do something fishy, no human is going to investigate it.

All the best to all for using partial refund tool wisely and not getting your account suspended due to it because misuse records seller is risky for eBay.
Old 11-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundofsilence View Post
This is fully automated system and no human investigation is involved. The partial refund tool access will be removed if you overuse it than average usage of all the sellers (same category/same price group/ peers of service metrics) and also equally depends on from which buyer you're deducting refund. If the buyer's account has solid history and almost none of the sller ever reported this buyer than system marks as incorrect removal entry.

Also, it depends on how much % you temove it. If removal is not followed as described in removal guidelines table than too you'll loose partial refund tool access. It creates an account issue and eBay rep will ask you to get the issue resolved from their dedicated team. If your refund % removal partter is like always 50% than they'll take away option from you and flag your account.

Last but not the list, your account will get flagged if % of number of buyers who asks eBay for help for remaining refund amount. If it's higher than average seller % than you are a gone case. The edit deduction option will be removed no mater what your serive metric, seller standard level or any other status for that matter.

The final conclusion is, its automated system and until you do something fishy, no human is going to investigate it.

All the best to all for using partial refund tool wisely and not getting your account suspended due to it because misuse records seller is risky for eBay.
Well, i had one last week... This account had 1 return ever. I partial refunded it by 50% customer escalated, a day or 2 later it was suspended, there was no reason otherwise for it to be suspended, i make accounts and use accounts daily, i have more accounts than i need. So my sales are literally spread out enough to have 1 item on 1 account and not on another, so it was very weird coincidence. Of course the return was for not as described... but the item was factory sealed, they return it opened, it wasn't returned in the same condition that it was sent in, which technically is a violation of ebay money back guarantee, but ebay never enforces it against buyers
Old 11-25-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Well, i had one last week... This account had 1 return ever. I partial refunded it by 50% customer escalated, a day or 2 later it was suspended, there was no reason otherwise for it to be suspended, i make accounts and use accounts daily, i have more accounts than i need. So my sales are literally spread out enough to have 1 item on 1 account and not on another, so it was very weird coincidence. Of course the return was for not as described... but the item was factory sealed, they return it opened, it wasn't returned in the same condition that it was sent in, which technically is a violation of ebay money back guarantee, but ebay never enforces it against buyers
That is true. ebay suspends buyer as well and remove them from ebay guaratee but their threshold of violation is huge. Unless the buyer scams so many sellers eBay doest take any action. Not sure about your suspension as ideally they just remove partial refund tool upon misuse in their eye (we may have used it correcty).
Old 11-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundofsilence View Post
That is true. ebay suspends buyer as well and remove them from ebay guaratee but their threshold of violation is huge. Unless the buyer scams so many sellers eBay doest take any action. Not sure about your suspension as ideally they just remove partial refund tool upon misuse in their eye (we may have used it correcty).
Nice identification of the issue
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Soundofsilence (11-25-2020)
Old 11-25-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

seller may want to ask himself why he is getting so many returns.
Old 11-25-2020

Longevity: 69%

I don't know if it helps much but I bought a iphone off ebay rather cheap and the seller sent me a watch instead of a phone. I looked up the weight of a phone and box and then compared it to what sent plus reported to the police..of course the police here in the uk did nada aka nothing..but the weight argument to paypal did resolve the matter and i won the case...i guess as it was a cheap price it was all a scam
Old 11-25-2020

did Paypal ask you to return the item?
Police does not get involved,they have more important cases to tackle,you go to fleabay and take your chances because it is cheap,and get scammed.
Old 11-25-2020

Longevity: 23%

This is a common scam, people usually do it to retailers but there are some scummy folk that do it to ebay sellers aswell.
Old 11-25-2020

if they do it with the retailer,they would lose chargeback,as cc issuer tend to side with retailers more than the buyer ,but us peons on Ebay are not so lucky,
No one knows who is telling the truth while retailers like WMT,TGT,their business is retail sales,they dont dumpster dive ,they order MIB merchandise from the manufactuer/wholesaler,if it is defective,they will accept return and they will just sock it to the wholesaler..
Once I bought a Lenovo pc from Bestbuy,the damn disk wont open,so i returned it to BBY,an expert was called to investigate,no problem,they just refund and return it to Lenovo !
Old 11-26-2020

Thank you.😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Nice identification of the issue
Old 11-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Once I bought a Lenovo pc from Bestbuy,the damn disk wont open,so i returned it to BBY,an expert was called to investigate,no problem,they just refund and return it to Lenovo !
Big retail companies absorb quite a lot of hits to the product quality issue
Old 11-26-2020

not if they can prove it is a manufacturer defect,mine is brand new within 30 days,
if BBY absorbs the issue,they could resell it at BBY outlet if it has been refurbished or certified,or just unload it to liquidator .
All these retailers have outlets for returns,refurbished or cosmetic damage,I just bought a handheld vaccum sweeper on AMZN site ,it has one in the warehouse with cosmetic damage for a lot less,also an Irobot floor cleaner battery for less ,the generic one just does not work!