Made more money than my day job since January this year. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-18-2021

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%
Default Made more money than my day job since January this year.

Hi everyone,

So as the title says I’ve now made more money on eBay in the last 4 months compared to my day job.

My day job pays £1600 a month. I’ve made between 3k and 6k each month just on eBay so I’m doing okay for myself.

I’ve passed a lot of tests since selling back on eBay in June last year. I’ve overcome dropshipping policy where my eBay account was flagged for 2 months where my account wasn’t getting any impressions views or many sales for 2 months last year.

I encounter MC011 restriction a few weeks ago which I passed as well so it’s now getting to the time for me to start considering doing ebay full time.

I already have 6 months worth of savings in my account and I have made more than in my day job for 4 months straight.

And a lot of my mates at work and in general are saying go for it..

“If I was making what your making I wouldn’t be working here”

Any professional advice from here would be much appreciated.

P.S I have to go to work tomorrow and thinking to myself why should I even bother lol.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Made more money than my day job since January this year.

Congrats on your success.
I was exactly in your boots years ago thinking to myself 'why am I bothering wasting my time going to work when I could be making more money at home'?
Looked for every excuse to just quit and eventually just did it (when I was told I couldnt monitor my ebay business during my lunch break on my own laptop away from the office - that was the last straw).
My advice to you - never get too comfortable with the success of any given account. Always be thinking in terms of 'what if'. What is you lost any specific account. Always make sure to be working multiple accounts at any given moment and always be making more backup accounts that are ready to go into action at a moment's notice.
Good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-19-2021), samspalace (04-18-2021), Valhalla1 (04-21-2021)
Old 04-18-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%

What type of profit margins are you making and do you ship from China?
Old 04-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Congrats on your success.
I was exactly in your boots years ago thinking to myself 'why am I bothering wasting my time going to work when I could be making more money at home'?
Looked for every excuse to just quit and eventually just did it (when I was told I couldnt monitor my ebay business during my lunch break on my own laptop away from the office - that was the last straw).
My advice to you - never get too comfortable with the success of any given account. Always be thinking in terms of 'what if'. What is you lost any specific account. Always make sure to be working multiple accounts at any given moment and always be making more backup accounts that are ready to go into action at a moment's notice.
Good luck.
Thank you for your great advice really appreciate it. Yeah I’m thinking of so many excuses to quit now.

Having more back up accounts is a must. I have 3 accounts at the moment however only used my one account and not sold anything on the other 2 accounts might be worth selling on my other accounts to build them up so if anything does happen to my main account I have other ones to fall back on. Think this is what I need to do.
Old 04-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
What type of profit margins are you making and do you ship from China?
I only sell high profit margin items. My biggest profit per item is £220 pure profit. I estimate 3 to 6k pure profit a month on eBay buying from China shipping to my address and then posting them myself only takes me about 2 hours a day as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (04-20-2021)
Old 04-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 81%

Well done.

Fck working for a salary, I hope your success will continue.

I haven't had someone else to tell me what to do for 13 years +, working for someone else is just not for me, I hate authority.

Every job I ever had I hated and was just saving money to go off travelling somewhere, then I combined work with travel and become "location independent" dream come true.

These days I wake up when I want, travelling around the world(even during Covid), i'm currently building a mini harem that is stocked with women half my age who pander to my every whim. I'm friends with many high net worth individuals and some celebs. And to cap it all off, I have a big penis.

Goodnight and god bless.
banginonwax (04-19-2021), james_112233 (04-20-2021), phaz0rz (04-19-2021)
Old 04-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Well done.

I haven't had someone else to tell me what to do for 13 years +, working for someone else is just not for me, I hate authority.

Every job I ever had I hated and was just saving money to go off travelling somewhere, then I combined work with travel and become "location independent" dream come true.

These days I wake up when I want, travelling around the world(even during Covid), i'm currently building a mini harem that is stocked with women half my age who pander to my every whim. I'm friends with many high net worth individuals and some celebs. And to cap it all off, I have a big penis.

Goodnight and god bless.
That’s amazing you have worked for yourself for so long. Hopefully I can replicate what you have done lol.

Haha I have a big penis well mines average lol but with the money I’m making I’m about to see a clinic at the end of the month to get it bigger haha lol.
Old 04-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
That’s amazing you have worked for yourself for so long. Hopefully I can replicate what you have done lol.

Haha I have a big penis well mines average lol but with the money I’m making I’m about to see a clinic at the end of the month to get it bigger haha lol.
Lol

Make sure your enhancement matches your bank balance, you only live once!
Old 04-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

I was in this boat about 10 years ago... i was doing $10 an hour work... i would take my laptop to work and work whenever i could on my ebayt stuff, non stop with my phone etc... until it got to a point where i knew i could just quit and make more money at home. Keep in mind i was making $10 an hour, so it was easy back then to quit. The early days were so much easier than it is now for me. I've not done well to transition to new products so well the last few years. But, i was turned on to a new market about 2 months ago, and I've been doing really well, so much i barely even look at my ebay listings but once a day and reply to messages once a day instead of non stop refreshing and such. Combined with this market, ebay is my 3rd income feed, which is nice to have lots of ways to make money, never put too many eggs in one basket though, never know when the market you banking on will die. I may disolve my LLC and just do pass through income if my accounts don't go down over the next year. Since I'm using real data with them now.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
Valhalla1 (04-21-2021)
Old 04-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
And to cap it all off, I have a big penis.

Goodnight and god bless.
Lol no wounder your username says all
Old 04-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I only sell high profit margin items. My biggest profit per item is £220 pure profit. I estimate 3 to 6k pure profit a month on eBay buying from China shipping to my address and then posting them myself only takes me about 2 hours a day as well.
Very nice
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
samspalace (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021

Longevity: 43%

I think is too early to quit your job, things can go wrong from day to night, especially with ebay that is a marketplace where you do not have control and they can shut you down when they want. And is not smart to have only one income stream, I understand you have savings but if you quit your job and ebay goes wrong you will eat all your savings without money coming in. If I was you I'd wait at least another 8 months and also try to crate another income stream.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evofox For This Useful Post:
samspalace (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evofox View Post
I think is too early to quit your job, things can go wrong from day to night, especially with ebay that is a marketplace where you do not have control and they can shut you down when they want. And is not smart to have only one income stream, I understand you have savings but if you quit your job and ebay goes wrong you will eat all your savings without money coming in. If I was you I'd wait at least another 8 months and also try to crate another income stream.
Thanks for your advice I will still stay at my job for now if I can continuously make more than my job for the rest of the year I personally think I will have to leave then.

It’s horrible working in a warehouse especially with summer on the way in the U.K lol
Old 04-19-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Hi everyone,

So as the title says I’ve now made more money on eBay in the last 4 months compared to my day job.

My day job pays £1600 a month. I’ve made between 3k and 6k each month just on eBay so I’m doing okay for myself.

I’ve passed a lot of tests since selling back on eBay in June last year. I’ve overcome dropshipping policy where my eBay account was flagged for 2 months where my account wasn’t getting any impressions views or many sales for 2 months last year.

I encounter MC011 restriction a few weeks ago which I passed as well so it’s now getting to the time for me to start considering doing ebay full time.

I already have 6 months worth of savings in my account and I have made more than in my day job for 4 months straight.

And a lot of my mates at work and in general are saying go for it..

“If I was making what your making I wouldn’t be working here”

Any professional advice from here would be much appreciated.

P.S I have to go to work tomorrow and thinking to myself why should I even bother lol.

I wouldn't get complacent.

Job = better stability
eBay = ups and downs

I'd stick to your job and do it for fun while you learn more about eBay and actually make a living out of it.

If something goes wrong, at least you'll still be able to pay rent and food.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
samspalace (04-19-2021), SWORDFISH497 (05-14-2021)
Old 04-19-2021

Longevity: 27%

If you continue to sell counterfeit goods then you'd be an idiot to give up your day job.
Old 04-19-2021

Longevity: 20%

Multiple income streams are best but it can get hard to focus on a few when you have one doing really well... unless you work towards automating
The Following User Says Thank You to DENDEN76 For This Useful Post:
samspalace (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Do you have a support system in place? A partner with an income just in case it doesn't work out as well as you expect?

It sounds like you have your cost of living to a low enough amount that you don't need much more to do well.

If you have even a little support system + your 6 months of savings .. it seems reasonable to take the chance and go full time.

The bad thing about eBay is that nothing is guaranteed.. as you know. If your product is doing so well think about other areas you can sell it.. heck maybe start up your own eCommerce store and setup some paid ads (google ads + facebook retargeting) and start getting some sales on that just to have other areas of income.

One last thing to mention.. set backs will happen (it's normal). It's what you do in those moments that separate you from those that succeed and those that don't. You must persevere always. If you believe in something strong enough, persevere.

Good luck!

Last edited by aspkin; 04-19-2021 at 10:23 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (04-23-2021), samspalace (04-19-2021), SWORDFISH497 (05-14-2021)
Old 04-19-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Well done.

Goodnight and god bless.
I've had someone tell me what to do for the past year. It's a shame that the only thing I do is sell on ebay tho...
Old 04-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
If you continue to sell counterfeit goods then you'd be an idiot to give up your day job.
i don't know too many non brand owners who are making 220+ per item they sell, unless it's a service. So i think there is more to this as well. And even if he is selling as you say, he needs to be smart and diversify his ebay accounts. However he did pass mc011 so it's very unlikely he was selling designer products. With all that being said. There is more to importing than ebay.

You have to pass customs, you have to pay taxes if it's legit items, sea orders work... until they don't, you need a customs broker, or a good Chinese courier who can take care of that for you, you have to have a near by port.. Or again pay another courier to ship you the products. DHL will not last forever unless you have some very good connections in customs. And even if you do, i have heard it doesn't always get through. And that's even for those trying not to pay import fees. Let alone foofoos.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
samspalace (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Do you have a support system in place? A partner with an income just in case it doesn't work out as well as you expect?

It sounds like you have your cost of living to a low enough amount that you don't need much more to do well.

If you have even a little support system + your 6 months of savings .. it seems reasonable to take the chance and go full time.

The bad thing about eBay is that nothing is guaranteed.. as you know. If your product is doing so well think about other areas you can sell it.. heck maybe start up your own eCommerce store and setup some paid ads (google ads + facebook retargeting) and start getting some sales on that just to have other areas of income.

One last thing to mention.. set backs will happen (it's normal). It's what you do in those moments that separate you from those that succeed and those that don't. You must persevere always. If you believe in something strong enough, persevere.

Good luck!

Yep important to think about your pension and retirement too.

I have been making a lot more than by day job from eBay Stealth creation for a while, but I know that won't last.
The Following User Says Thank You to lally6677 For This Useful Post:
samspalace (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

I would give it a while longer to see if Ebay continues being lucrative for you. But you should aim to get out of warehouse work, its dead end work by and large, you are wasting yourself.

If the worst happened and your Ebay business did go tits up, then you could take some time to invest in some other online hustle, knowing that you have a financial cushion behind you. Also, there will always be plenty of warehouse jobs available if it doesnt work out!
samspalace (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

Good luck!
Thank you so much for replying to my post aspkin if it wasn’t for you then I wouldn’t be selling on eBay. I have learnt so much from your book and so much from this forum and I appreciate you commenting on my post.

I don’t have a support system in place I just sell on one unlimited eBay account but I do have 2 back up accounts phone numbers bank accounts etc and I do have savings in place.

For now I’m still going to continue on with my job even tho I made £440 profit today so what I earn in a week at my job i have already made that in one day.

I think I’ll give it another 6-8 months and if I’m still doing as well as I am now then their really is no point me continuing on in my day job as I could potentially expand my business go VAT registered and really make some serious money.

It’s like you said aspkin eBay is never guaranteed and I’ve had my fair share of set backs already thankfully I’ve passed the tests but hopefully I can keep adapting to changes eBay make/do and hopefully be successful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-20-2021), sax4 (04-19-2021)