Do eBay actually take the micro deposits out of your account? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-16-2022
Threadstarter  

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Do eBay actually take the micro deposits out of your account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
If it's happening within 30 minutes it's got nothing to do with you not immediately adding a bank account because they'll simply withhold any payouts until you do if, say, you make a quick sale.
What do you think the issue could be I use mobile hotspot from my phone to laptop is that an issue maybe?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Is it important to list an item and add your bank details straight away? 2 times I have listed my items up on 2 different accounts without adding bank details and both accounts have been suspended after 30 minutes.

Allow your accounts to age before listing anything.
When you register your account, simulate adding a bank account and stop short of completing the process so you can see your listing limits.
You can have listings running without a bank account attached.

I don't suppose the suspension was due to the lack of bank accounts. You can repeat the same process and add bank accounts and yet get the same suspension.

If the details are correct, you should get past that initial suspension easily. Submit original ID. Utilities and statements are mostly PDF these days, and a free copy of PDF-Xchange Editor is your friend.

You can always talk your way out of providing any invoices if you list something that wouldn't need it. Think of a homemade crocheted item for example.
Old 06-16-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Allow your accounts to age before listing anything.
When you register your account, simulate adding a bank account and stop short of completing the process so you can see your listing limits.
You can have listings running without a bank account attached.

I don't suppose the suspension was due to the lack of bank accounts. You can repeat the same process and add bank accounts and yet get the same suspension.

If the details are correct, you should get past that initial suspension easily. Submit original ID. Utilities and statements are mostly PDF these days, and a free copy of PDF-Xchange Editor is your friend.

You can always talk your way out of providing any invoices if you list something that wouldn't need it. Think of a homemade crocheted item for example.

Thanks for this info I think last 2 suspended probably because I changed name on accounts I browsed first few days but no browsing for like 4 days so probably suspended because of that.

If I create an account in a friend example Daniel marshall but my name is Ian delter example can you still add your bank and it will be okay?
Old 06-16-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Are you adding a credit card like Muzzie suggested because your experience doesn't seem to mirror normal ebay policy which says a payment method MUST be on file and the experiences expressed here and on their own forums.
Consider yourself lucky because there's absolutely no way they'll be applying the 'we know where you live' angle.

No, I don't add any credit cards and have never used a current account either.
I've only employed revolut disposable cards for refunds and they self-destruct after a charge but eBay doesn't know so it sits on the account until another refund is due.
Our payouts are set to daily and these come out early. Sometimes it leaves us without recourse to refund so we just slap another disposable card on it and that's it.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 06-16-2022 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for this info I think last 2 suspended probably because I changed name on accounts I browsed first few days but no browsing for like 4 days so probably suspended because of that.

If I create an account in a friend example Daniel marshall but my name is Ian delter example can you still add your bank and it will be okay?
I've changed names (and addresses) many a time just before adding bank accounts and all went well.
In these cases addresses are changed to match existing address.

Quote:
That's 100% OK. In short, it's the standard.
Just ditch current accounts and use savers so no dd comes out but most importantly no recurrent visible footprints on your credit files and much less ML and security checks as you're only moving funds to yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
samspalace (06-16-2022)
Old 06-16-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks I love this learn something new every day starting to feel more hopeful again lol

I know why the other 2 got suspended I didn’t add address so I was browsing for a week without an account actually open so when I put details in and then created seller account bang account lost.

I’ll be creating more accounts tomorrow and I’ll be using your method now see if it works for me.
Old 06-16-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
I've changed names (and addresses) many a time just before adding bank accounts and all went well.
In these cases addresses are changed to match existing address.

That's 100% OK. In short, it's the standard.
Just ditch current accounts and use savers so no dd comes out but most importantly no recurrent visible footprints on your credit files and much less ML and security checks as you're only moving funds to yourself.
One more question will a real name and a real address still work which is not your own address?
Old 06-16-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Unlikely they'd even allow the account to operate if you couldn't register for MP wouldn't you say?
Yep. Agreed to that too
Old 06-17-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Is it important to list an item and add your bank details straight away? 2 times I have listed my items up on 2 different accounts without adding bank details and both accounts have been suspended after 30 minutes.
I always skip adding bank until I’ve made my first sale, if you verify that bank and your account gets suspended that bank can no longer be used.

You’re getting suspended/restricted after 30 min because your creation method to eBay looks like a spam/fraud account
Old 06-17-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
One more question will a real name and a real address still work which is not your own address?
That wouldn't really be stealth - kind of ID theft tbh
Old 06-17-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
That wouldn't really be stealth - kind of ID theft tbh
It’s advised in the old stealth guide and the new stealth guide you can use a real address optional but it’s not advised because if you have returns you can’t send the item back
Old 06-17-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
It’s advised in the old stealth guide and the new stealth guide you can use a real address optional but it’s not advised because if you have returns you can’t send the item back
That's true - I guess I had misread that when you said "real name", I was thinking you meant someone else's...