Phaz0rz is right. Ebay might come snooping around here to find out what they need to improve.
We will come up with ways to bypass the issue, just a matter of time. But as far as I’ve noticed, its selectively required. Only if they flag your account..
Phaz0rz is right. Ebay might come snooping around here to find out what they need to improve.
We will come up with ways to bypass the issue, just a matter of time. But as far as I’ve noticed, its selectively required. Only if they flag your account..
yep i saw people speculating it happens with new accs, nope its when an acc is flagged or when you sell high valued products that they deem as "risky"
It's a big problem. Everything is pretty tightly locked down these days anyway but there's been so many times where someone discovers some brilliant loophole, brags about it here.. and then it's gone within a few days.
It's a big problem. Everything is pretty tightly locked down these days anyway but there's been so many times where someone discovers some brilliant loophole, brags about it here.. and then it's gone within a few days.
In terms of SEO this forum is huge.
yep true, but then i think to myself, with e-commerce in general, they cant be 100% sure about everything either way, all they can do is follow regulations to the best of their abilities.. surely will always be a way.
This is not a requirement when creating a new account, like others mentioned this happens when their bot doesn't like some activity and deems it risky to eBay.
In general terms ebay don't suspend accounts for nothing, they have a stricter security filtering using Akamis security algorithm, they don't want risky sellers and fraudulent buyers returning to their platform. Oftentimes they refund out of their own pocket when a transaction goes wrong, under their seller protection.
At the moment it is still easy to make stealth accounts for UK but they now almost always request ID for them at some stage.
This is not a requirement when creating a new account, like others mentioned this happens when their bot doesn't like some activity and deems it risky to eBay.
In general terms ebay don't suspend accounts for nothing, they have a stricter security filtering using Akamis security algorithm, they don't want risky sellers and fraudulent buyers returning to their platform. Oftentimes they refund out of their own pocket when a transaction goes wrong, under their seller protection.
At the moment it is still easy to make stealth accounts for UK but they now almost always request ID for them at some stage.
That's right.
Unless your sticking to selling cheaper items, this will always be the case.
They've been doing some form of this since 2023. Eventually it will be a mandatory common practice for everyone to sell on the internet. If we took a time machine back 10 years we were still using Paypal. In 10 years from now a lot of changes will happen I have no doubts.
They've been doing some form of this since 2023. Eventually it will be a mandatory common practice for everyone to sell on the internet. If we took a time machine back 10 years we were still using Paypal. In 10 years from now a lot of changes will happen I have no doubts.
I do not doubt this either.
That being said, there will always be a workaround.
Another one of my eBay accounts which is 3 months old just got hit with the ebay selfie + bank statement ,I'm curious what caused it, I did change my ip address so I don't know if that flagged it
I tried and failed the veriff selfie verification but I think I know why, because my guy that did the selfie verification for me with the information he created was signed in on VPN ip when he did the selfie verification and then 2 mins later I got a message saying that couldn't verify my identity