New to ebay, my idea on how to get around VERO? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default New to ebay, my idea on how to get around VERO?

Hi everyone, Here's a quick intro, I've been planning to sell on ebay for about 4-5 years. I've saved up quite a lot of money and have done research for quite some time on products. I have resources now and wholesale distributors for about 10-15 different VERO products and 10-15 other highly competitive products. All are 100% authentic, however all of them are highly counterfeited as well according to my research. (Just my luck)

About a week ago, I came across all these counterfeit, bootleg horror stories and yesterday came upon this site. Which is for me both a tragedy and a blessing. I thought it was going to be cake to sell these products I have on hand after watching all the items I plan to sell, I was ecstatic to learn how much potential profit I would be making. Now though, it looks like my dreams have gone straight to hell because of VERO and all these damn limitations.

After doing about 10 hours of research on this site, I've come up with a plan and thought I'd share it to see if it's worth trying and to get some advice.

So in essence this is my plan: First of all, I have a brand new verified Premier PayPal account as well as a brand new ebay account with 10 feedback. According to the policies it seems like I can have a large number of ebay accounts all linked to one PayPal account. So, I'm planning on creating 5 ebay accounts all with different names linked to my one PayPal account. Right now I have 20 different items varying from VERO to non-VERO products. My plan is to post 20 different items on each account per month. So, basically each of my 5 accounts will sell 1 of 20 different products. I plan to dodge the "selling limit" with this strategy, as well as staying under the radar from the bigger competition. As far as how I'm going to dodge the VERO I have no idea...I'm hoping by only selling 1 of each VERO product on each account per month I'll be staying under the radar. Another problem I came across was the PayPal limits for withdrawing. If my calculations are right and I stick to the plan of selling 100 items per month, minus all the fees, I'm potentially looking at 4k-8k in profits per month depending on how well the products sell. Now because my products are highly counterfeited (actually nearly everything I came across worth selling is being counterfeited...) I'm worried they will limit my account, with PayPal I plan to withdraw as soon as I receive money in $100-$400 multiple times a week. Would that work? My though process worked like this, if my balance stays under $1000 and I withdraw amounts under $500 I think I'd be clear of limitation. The only problem I see with this is they might be suspicious of me withdrawing so many times?

Anyway, that's the jist of my plan, I have other ideas I'm coming up with. I know this was long if you read all of it thank you :D. Please tell me what you guys think and any advice is appreciated. The problem I have is I don't have a niche all the products I plan to sell are different or they are only closely related and all are competitive. I fear the worst for my dream of selling on ebay, I want to, but all these damn rules, limits, and policies are giving me a huge headache AND I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED SELLING!
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (03-23-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of ebay.

Polite suggestion is to do another 10 hours of study. Your basics are good. Your implementation ain't. You can see by my flag I'm in Australia and it's time for me to ride off on a broomstick. I'll leave you to await replies from the other wizards.
Briefly: 'numerous ebays to one paypal' for a beginner is possibly beyond going well.?
Are you computer savvy?
Do you realize how cut-throat ebay is?
Can you trust your suppliers?
What is auctiva
What are final fees
just a few thoughts.
GB
Old 02-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ok, if these are authentic you will have the receipts and suppliers to back them up

if you are subject to a takedown for copyright, submit the evidence...

one other thing though - having auth goods doesn not mean rights owner is happy with you selling on ebay of for variety of reasons.....I was in your position and lost all my ebay accounts due the suspension of one of them - I was selling auth goods, which I proved ( I visited owners offices in person)..they said that was fine, but I think they made sure with ebay that I did not have accounts reinstated.....I am not saying that will happen to you, I think that was a particularly vehement rights owner, but I would have had to go to Court or at least threathen it to have got anywhere.......but I went stealth instead, I still sell their goods from time to time but have realised that some rights owners are not to be messed with..

you can pm me with type of brand and I will tell you if I know anything about their owner...

one item per account per month sounds like a very goods idea, wish I had found this site originally, I would still have my accounts, you can sell vero in small quantities, much more safely....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-16-2010 at 08:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
biggunn (03-23-2011)
Old 02-16-2010

Longevity: 93%
Talking keeping it real..

Hi there, welcome to the forum...
I have had a beer or 10 so i will be blunt...
READ THE GUIDE ...
I am the kinda person that will take things as far as they can go...and when they cant go any further push it!
If you have a lot of items that are real, fantastic, however the world of ebay will take a blood sample from you every step of the way...real or not doesnt matter, and in the time they are taking the blood sample they will limit you, you need MULTIPLE accounts so there is no down time
If you are serious about selling on ebay, which by your post you are, get yourself a few accounts and list 1 or 2 items on each one, all fully stealth, you will achieve the same sales but it will take you a bit of extra time logging in and out of different accounts...
PREPARATION IS THE KEY
do it right the first time and the rest is easy
Good luck, and dont do it half assed cos you might waste valuable addresses phone numbers etc...
once again, best advice
READ/BUY THE GUIDE

Time for me to have another beer... that exhausted me...
Old 02-16-2010

Longevity: 93%
Default PS

by the way, forget about matching many account to a paypal, go to a bank that is internet savvy and get a few accounts and make a paypal to each one... remember names dont matter... if you read the guide you would already know that yeah????
Old 02-16-2010

If they are 100% genuine how can you make such good profits assuming everything goes well for you? Genuine branded items cost a premium even to wholesalers, re-selling them results in small profit, volume is the key.

Selling counterfeit vero = big profits with big risks.

It sounds interesting what you intend to do. If you PM me what you have in mind to sell, I might have had some experience with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to worththewait For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (05-01-2011)
Old 02-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll study for a few more weeks and try this method. I haven't bought the stealth guide yet, I'll have a look at it in the future. From what I hear it's like the Bible for anyone trying to sell successfully on ebay. I want to learn first-hand how everything works before I look into using stealth.

Anyway, it will be a couple weeks before I try this method, if all goes well I'll come back and post my results. I still have questions and still need to look into everything a bit more to make things good enough.

Quick question, how much money can you safely withdraw from PayPal a month before they limit or ask for your social security number?
Old 02-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Last time I got limited for paypal was about $2000. The best way is to make multiple paypal/ebay accounts. You look like a bright guy, I suggest you look over your plan. Ebay is not as friendly as you think it is. I suggest you buy the ebook, it will save you in the long run.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 02-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You are already shooting yourself in the foot if you don't consider the book. Think about using TrialPay.

A paypal limitation can come for $50 or $2000. It's paypal's whim

Think I might join tenggo with a beer
Old 02-17-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Hate to be the one who says this but this sounds awful suspicious to me.

New to ebay and knows this much already?

Do not think so.

Old 02-18-2010
Threadstarter  

When I said 10 hours of research I meant that literally. When I start a new venture I do my homework . The search function on this site is grade A+. I still haven't even scratched the surface of how much more preparation that's needed. Some people put more dedication into planning and research. I doubt I know a fraction of everything I'm suppose to know...so when you say "knows this much already" I think you're overestimating me.

When I was 16 I had a little experience on eBay selling antique cameras I bought from flee markets/swap meets. That account is lost and it was from 5 years ago, other than that I'm brand spankin new. So, thanks for the compliment though seems like I'm going in the right direction
Old 02-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Your differently headed in the right direction. You seem very dedicated and hardworking which will end up leading you the success. Ebook + the forums = the best investment of your life. Not only should you spend time on the the forums, you should read the ebook 2-3 times in order for everything to sink in.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 06-18-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
Anyway, it will be a couple weeks before I try this method, if all goes well I'll come back and post my results. I still have questions and still need to look into everything a bit more to make things good enough.
How are things going jamblix? Curious to hear how it's working out for you.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2010
Threadstarter  

I ditched the first plan entirely after not only reading up more on the forums and getting the Stealth Book but, actually getting my feet wet and selling.

I've come across lots of problems so far since when I first launched, examples include:
Feedback manipulation warnings
Multiple MC019 warnings and selling restrictions
Supplier problems
Customer problems
Paypal holding my funds for 21 days
Assets being seized by customs
Spending all my income on additional inventory which led to not being able to pay rent, food, shipping, etc. (which later on proved to be worth the trouble)
Plus many more...

Aside from all that, this venture is doing great. It's growing faster than I planned. You can forget about that first plan entirely, I was being very naive. Right now I'm working and selling through four eBay accounts and two Paypal accounts that I plan to switch to Paymate.

The original "suppliers" that I had in mind for all those great VeRO products didn't go as planned either. I had to find entirely new suppliers and so far so good with my new guys. I'm grossing anywhere between $3,000-$5,000 a month and that amount is growing.

Overall it couldn't be much better. The things I'm worried about now are I have MC019 VeRO violations on two of my main accounts and if I get one more on either of them they'll both be either restricted from selling or suspended. One of my Paypal does not have a SSN attached so I'm worried I'll be getting the chop soon which is why I'm switching to Paymate. I'm still learning though, getting more experience and still in essence a fledgling. There's a lot of things that I haven't encountered but, everyone here in the forums and the Stealth Book have been excellent, helping and informative. I was actually planning to create a beginner's selling guide two days ago with all the trials I faced and all the accomplishments but, it's still a bit early I might give it a go in 2011.

I'm hoping to break six figures a year with this business which is my ultimate goal, so wish me luck!

(edit: Here's some more info if any newbies are reading this. You don't need to start with a lot of money like I stated in the first post. I had about $4,000 to start my new venture but, I only ended up spending $100 to get started. I actually got started on craigslist about 3 months before selling on eBay. You must start slow with a fresh eBay account. Of course after I started to get going I did spend that money on inventory however, you don't need to start with an amount that big to be successful. Also, you need to be persistent and dedicated. You will not make it if every little problem that comes your way lets you down. There will be MANY PROBLEMS and headaches but, if you stick through all the troubles it is definitely worth it. I'm free right now, no boss, no schedule, I do what I want when I want and the work is fun. So if you're planning to start up a new business, it is possible even with very little experience.)

-Albert Einstein

Last edited by jamblix; 06-18-2010 at 09:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
gregory (03-18-2012), mememe1972 (06-19-2010)
Old 06-18-2010

Thanks for the update! Seems you are on the right track! Isn't it something how a nice laid out plan can take a totally different turn? Anyway.....Good Luck!
Old 06-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Jamblix - The sooner you switch to Paymate the better things will go for you in the payment department!
Old 06-19-2010

Yeah your research doesn't hold water if you don't have eBay Stealth and read it twice. It will save a ton of headache and keep you from getting stuck with a load of products in the house.
But the WORSE thing you could is 5 ebay to 1 paypal you MUST handle this properly and redo your business plan. eBay Stealth will change your plans to help you get PAID
Keep your balance under $500 just open 10 to 20 accounts and go for it after you INVEST in the book
Old 06-25-2010

I dont understand why people that are selling on ebay with VERO items that are Authentic give a flying F$CK about the restrictions? All you need to do is just provide proof of Authenticity and your supplier details and your fine aren't you? The problem is that with phake VERO items you cant do this so this is why a stealth account is required....??? am i missing something?
Old 06-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIL4OREV View Post
I dont understand why people that are selling on ebay with VERO items that are Authentic give a flying F$CK about the restrictions? All you need to do is just provide proof of Authenticity and your supplier details and your fine aren't you? The problem is that with phake VERO items you cant do this so this is why a stealth account is required....??? am i missing something?
absolutely not.....f ake stuff is one issue, but auth goods are still targeted by rights owners and competitors (sometimes they are one and the same). I know this for a fact, Ive been through it.
Old 06-25-2010

How are they one and the same? fare enough if there targeted by competitors and rights owners but if there OK to sell on ebay as long as there authentic then wouldent u be fine at the end of it all if you provided proof of authenticity? I guess the point of it is just to reduce the chance of it getting takin down and not go through the whole proof of authenticity bs.
Old 06-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

I did not say they were one and the same.

auth goods are of course preferable...

I am pointing out that auth goods are not a sure thing. However if you can get your hands on auth goods and run in to probs you can opt for a legal challenge (see taberone site), which you cannot do with the other sort.
Old 03-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Owners can still make the decision on whether or not you can sell their product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIL4OREV View Post
Closed Thread