Dhgate/china raided? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Dhgate/china raided?

Did the warehouse in China that makes the DVD boxsets for sellers on DHGATE get raided?Ive been trying to place a order with my supplier for 2 days and the only email i got back is that his PC is broken so he cant send my link until its fixed.My buddy got a email from him today saying that the warehouse got raided.does anyone know if this is true?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2010

Longevity: 82%

Have also noticed alot of dvd products have been taken off dhgate
Old 04-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Maybe the supplier that your person buys their product from got raided but there are multiple suppliers who make different dvds all over China. Sometimes dvds get removed from DHgate because the seller gets suspended or other reasons. If DHGate was forced to remove dvds then most likely you wouldn't be able to find any dvds for sale on the site
Old 04-11-2010

Longevity: 85%

if they got raided,there website wouldnt be online

Last edited by arsgunner77; 04-11-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inleague2003 View Post
Did the warehouse in China that makes the DVD boxsets for sellers on DHGATE get raided?Ive been trying to place a order with my supplier for 2 days and the only email i got back is that his PC is broken so he cant send my link until its fixed.My buddy got a email from him today saying that the warehouse got raided.does anyone know if this is true?
are people really still selling dvds from dhgate? wow.
a friend of mine was selling from them on ama and ebay 2 years ago and getting away with it..Not now! He is done with them..the quality is not as good since they are selling so much now.
Old 04-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

My supplier finally emailed me back.He said he cant sell anymore because of the cops.Im still not sure if the factory got raided or he got raided.So i placed a order with a different supplier that i never used before.Now its time to cross my fingers.
Old 04-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

DHgate in under HEAVY attack from MANY U.S Corporations, DHgate has had over 1000 Lawsuits filed against them in China by Companies Located throught the world.

The Fact is that DHGate Facilitates the spread of Counterfeit goods throughout the world. The Chinese Goverment recently enacted a law recognizing the Intellectual Property Rights of forgein Corporations, this landmark change allows forgien Companies to sue Counterfeiters in China.

DHgate is now taking the Same Exact approach as Ebay, suspending thousands of suspicous sellers, and pulling thousands of listings, in order to mount some type of "DHGate is doing everything possible to prevent the spread of counterfeit products" defense to all these lawsuits.

It is not just DVD's Its ALL Types of Brand Name Merchandise, DVD's are just the latest. Take a Good look at DhGate now and you will see just how different it is from Just 6 months ago, they are cleaning up rather quickly.

You will still find those listing But Very, Very, Few now. those are Mostly Big Time Powersellers Like ARMY that might have a Little more pull, or have the ability to take a little more of a hit from DHGate for now, Also I am quite sure that Chinese sellers have some type of Version of eBay Stealth, maybee "DHGate Stealth" I am quite sure a few sellers have found listing loopholes, just like we do for listing on Ebay.

I am in touch with many DHGates sellers whom I trust outside of the DHGate system and they E-Mail me almost daily telling me their newly experienced DHGate Horror Stories, I simply Respond: "Welcome Aboard"

Last edited by slapped; 04-12-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: addition
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
fingerblast (10-13-2011)
Old 04-12-2010

It has been a week since I placed order from one seller I use. He hasn't responded in about 5 days now. Thought it was just me. The quality is still very good though, depending on what factory the sellers get their items from.
Old 04-12-2010
Banned

Longevity: 89%

I sent over $1300 western union to them and my seller who usually ships within a few days is not responding for 4 days so I think there scamming me or he is in jail...
Old 04-12-2010

ive never used dhgate b4 but i just went on there right now and searched for a ton of vero,everything that i searched for showed up,so i dont know what the talk is ,this stuff is nothing new in china,its been going on for over 10 years,every once in awhile the govt has "act" like there doing something to please companies

for people who have bought off china for years,you should know this is nothing new,why even use dhgate,i dont like the whole escrow thing,you can tell if a supplier is legit or not just by talking to them for a day or so,..you can just tell if yer not a paranoid ass
Old 04-12-2010

You can no longer search for much brand name products on DHGate. If you type in things like Oakley, Gucci, Burberry, Ray-Ban and etc. they will no longer show up. However, they still have those products for sale you just gotta find them in different ways. The DVDs though? They are still selling them and will be for a long time in my opinion.
Old 04-12-2010

Longevity: 88%

i just got my order last thursday
Old 04-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The reason that many shipments are being delayed is because of "Crackdowns" at All Shipping Centers, EMS, DHL, FEDEX, ect,ect where they are Spot checking Package contents and confiscating all known illegal (Counterfeit) products, This has been brought upon them predoninatly by the software alliance (BSA), but it has extended to a whole list of products, They are afraid to ship because thy do not want the goods confiscated.

This sort of thing happens all the time as ARSGUNNER77 pointed out above. It happened 3 times in the last 2 months, it lasts 4-5 days then Everything goes back to normal. A few orders still however get through.

Its not just orders from DHGate but almost everything comming OUT of China
Old 04-13-2010

i honestly dont think there is a problem with dhgate right now..again ive never bought off there,but i just searched over 20 vero items and a crap load of listings show up,i think it may be something with yer supplier,i talked to 2 suppliers and they said there is nothing going on,and they usually tell me when something is up like when they cant get stuff or anything..im talking to numerous suppliers right now(i have no intention of buying off them) and im asking them about if any problems and they say no.sure they could be lying so i could buy,but i trust my suppliers.. but this stuff does happen a few times a year..im just not so sure its happening now,if my guys are saying stuff is cool at the moment,than i trust them
Old 04-13-2010

Saw the thread so I emailed my source last night after not hearing from him for a few days, and this is what he had to say:

"sorry to answer you late,but we really met big problem,brother.Police come to our company,and take over all of the xxx,and it is very serious,we have tried our best to solve the problem,recently,we can't sell the xxx for a while.
we have shiped most of them,but there is still some package left in china.i will try to learn which package hasn't been shipped,and then refund you or you can choose to credit to others.

do not worry,i won't own you 1usd,we are brothers. pls pray for me!"

Great guy, has never led me wrong, and I will continue to do business with legit products. Thought the email might help the discussion. He was (and still is) a very large supplier on DHgate who has since removed xxx products.
Old 04-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Finally heard back from my DHgate guy today.
I have not heard from him in 7 days.

My order was split into 5 different shipments.
2 have already arrived.
1 is in Hong Kong.
3 he said were shipped yesterday.

If they do not show up I will just do the dispute/chargeback thing I guess.

He pretty much told me the same thing.
The cops raided their factory.
He has pulled ALL of his listings for certain types of merchandise.

Some of the other big players are still selling.
I was using one of the biggest.
Now I will try the 2nd or 3rd biggest players.....
Old 04-14-2010

One of my sellers finally contacted me as well after 9 days stating he finally shipped my order via DHL. Normally, it took 1 or two days before my items get shipped but this one took over a week.

In that time span and before reading this thread, I'd left several threatening messages with no response from him. I feel bad about it now, but all is forgiven. I have to constantly remind myself these guys are themselves taking a big risk even in China selling and taking most of the hit if shipped items are seized.

Much kudos to them. If not for them, I'd be working some mundane forty hour nine to fiver going literally insane. I only work two or three hours at the most a day and bring in much more money each week than any job I ever held.
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

everything is goes well for the dvds shippment ,we move many packages to usa by DHL without problem,but you just need to waiting 1 or 2 days for the package moving to hong kong firstly.
Old 04-14-2010

Exactly Recherche - it has to be understood that they are risking more than we are by moving these shipments out of their country, and most of these guys are just trying to make a buck as we are. Most are probably scrambling to figure out what to tell their buyers so that they don't freak out and assume they're being ripped off.

Most of these guys are just like us - on the grind - on their side.
Old 04-14-2010

my suppliers are still selling there counterfit vero items and they said customs is just strict it will back to normal in 1-2 days i had 2 shipments leave hk dhl yesterday without anyproblems
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

If you paid the money to the china custom,everything is easy to pass the custom to hong kong,if you do not want to paid,you may got problem or delay.
Old 04-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

safety and speed are first,and then price