*Read this now!! Spread the word..Now is the time**** - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #45  
Old 02-18-2008
ivegotinfo's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 607
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Look at my rep.. Funny how I have more rep then all of you thats talking out of the side of your month
i dont see where the rep number is.. is it those green boxes? isnt that just how many posts you have? if thats it, it dosent show anything.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #46  
Old 02-18-2008
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 258
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
^^yeah but that doesnt mean they are active...... I bet the actually reall number of active users is much lower. I bet alot of those accounts is just sitting..

Then think about how many people Ebay account is limitied and cant list etc...
Yeah, eBay are the type of people who would count the suspended accounts also, so i doubt that all the those accounts are active.
  #47  
Old 02-18-2008
LongMan's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 105
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
^^yeah but that doesnt mean they are active...... I bet the actually reall number of active users is much lower. I bet alot of those accounts is just sitting..

Then think about how many people Ebay account is limitied and cant list etc...
According to an article I read: "eBay reported 192.9 million registered users globally as of 31 March 2006, and 75.4 million "active" users in the March quarter."

So about 40% of those accounts are active, not particularly impressive...
  #48  
Old 02-19-2008
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Just read the same article in the doctor waiting room. Think it was current Time or Business Week? Same number about 75 million active users. Wonder what the breakdown is of people who just buy and people who just sell? Regardless, those are still impressive numbers, but with all the people the piss off, there active users will drop, forcing fees even higher. There business model is in trouble, has stagnant in the last few years as the ebay "phenomenon" has worn off, and corporate greed, scams and negative publicity has taken hold.
The time has never been better for a competitor to make a move. Ecrater.com is starting to gather some impressive number. Not a true auction, but sales are sales.
  #49  
Old 02-19-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Okay but know we have to break it down further. Now what exactly do they consider a "active user"?? Is it a user that logs on every 6 months, etc..?
  #50  
Old 02-19-2008
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,134 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Modee, what exactly does this post mean? Is it about ebay or this forum?
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
  #51  
Old 02-19-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

HAHAHAH thats what Im saying.. WTF is he talking about.. He went left field with that..hahahah
  #52  
Old 02-19-2008
MU
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default

He's talking about this forum.
  #53  
Old 02-19-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

We know that but where did it come from?
  #54  
Old 02-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 417
Thanks: 8
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I think this will backfire. I think There are alot of people out there who havent been suspended by ebay or anything and ebay wouldnt tighten policies but could try to make people out to be criminals on the board. Basically saying look this is why we have to raise fees, because of people like this.
  #55  
Old 02-20-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Okay so tell us, what should we do. Sit back and take it in the ___??
  #56  
Old 02-20-2008
MU
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Look at my rep.. Funny how I have more rep then all of you thats talking out of the side of your month
Funniest thing I've read on this forum.
  #57  
Old 02-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Chris - ''BANNED'' -

lol lol lol
  #58  
Old 02-20-2008
MU
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default

That's why it was so funny.
  #59  
Old 02-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 417
Thanks: 8
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Okay so tell us, what should we do. Sit back and take it in the ass??
Def not but brining this forum that much into the light is quite stupid in my opinion. If ebay starts crying foul they may treat aspkin and everyone else as criminals saying "this is why we need these restrictions, there are forums like this that try to take advantage of ebay". I found this forum on my own. I think if you find it, its a help but this forum is basically "hey did you get kicked off paypal/ebay. Wanna know how you can get back on without using your real info and say screw ebay and paypal." Plus having this forum opened up to scammers is never a good thing.
  #60  
Old 02-20-2008
ivegotinfo's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 607
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (1)
Default

jesus f-ing christ, he is finally banned? thank you aspkin.
  #61  
Old 02-20-2008
Rosanna's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 327
Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
jesus f-ing christ, he is finally banned? thank you aspkin.
Salute to that!
  #62  
Old 02-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default

WOW.i thought i was the only one who didn't like that guy. i knew he was no good. this is a good site, and does a lot of good for good people. he was just out to take advantage of some desperate people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanna View Post
Salute to that!
  #63  
Old 02-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 38 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Ok people.

Chris slammed me many months ago for calling him out on two completely different post on some advise he had given, unfortunately he was wrong on both accounts and knew it.

He mislead allot of people here and he had also did some things behind the scenes that many didnt know about.

For me, when I saw the post about how many reps he had made me think of something. Not many here have sold or bought on ebay since 1995 like I have. I have seen the best and seen the worst. There is enough business for everyone and I mean that.

As far as this ebay thing I can personally tell you all that pulling this off would be a great thing but you have to look at the economics of it. Ebay has NO competition so this will not work. Until a household name steps up to compete they will continue to be a holes with us all. We have to live with it and use the knowledge we have gained to benefit us.

Sorry but I never like the guy from day one, I read right through this guy early and on stayed off these boards for many months because its not my board and he does have great knowledge of the IT part of things. But his hidden behind the scenes ways I knew of early on. There have been other posters here who have taken it like he said " up the --" from him.

It is simply a wrong thing to do to pull in this great site to add it as one of the names of the sites that is taking on bog bad ebay. All it will do is cause problems for the site owner and for us.

There are many ways to get at ebay and many of us already know how. So, please lets all get along and help each other. Now that the big bad bully hopefully is gone we can help each other out with our opinions and not be afraid of mr know it all jumping down our throats.

We all make mistake and not one of us know everything, but at least it seems we do try to help one another as needed. We can be more of an impact behind the scenes helping each other then we can harming ebay.

Congrats to us! We are finally free to speak.
  #64  
Old 02-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default

people like him always get what they deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
Ok people.

Chris slammed me many months ago for calling him out on two completely different post on some advise he had given, unfortunately he was wrong on both accounts and knew it.

He mislead allot of people here and he had also did some things behind the scenes that many didnt know about.

For me, when I saw the post about how many reps he had made me think of something. Not many here have sold or bought on ebay since 1995 like I have. I have seen the best and seen the worst. There is enough business for everyone and I mean that.

As far as this ebay thing I can personally tell you all that pulling this off would be a great thing but you have to look at the economics of it. Ebay has NO competition so this will not work. Until a household name steps up to compete they will continue to be a holes with us all. We have to live with it and use the knowledge we have gained to benefit us.

Sorry but I never like the guy from day one, I read right through this guy early and on stayed off these boards for many months because its not my board and he does have great knowledge of the IT part of things. But his hidden behind the scenes ways I knew of early on. There have been other posters here who have taken it like he said " up the --" from him.

It is simply a wrong thing to do to pull in this great site to add it as one of the names of the sites that is taking on bog bad ebay. All it will do is cause problems for the site owner and for us.

There are many ways to get at ebay and many of us already know how. So, please lets all get along and help each other. Now that the big bad bully hopefully is gone we can help each other out with our opinions and not be afraid of mr know it all jumping down our throats.

We all make mistake and not one of us know everything, but at least it seems we do try to help one another as needed. We can be more of an impact behind the scenes helping each other then we can harming ebay.

Congrats to us! We are finally free to speak.
  #65  
Old 02-20-2008
Rosanna's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 327
Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Yes, but unfortunately surely another one will emerge, as they always did in the schoolyard.
  #66  
Old 02-20-2008
MU
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
WOW.i thought i was the only one who didn't like that guy.
haha no not by a long shot. :D
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i got a solution for everybody please read!!!! djmarcc eBay Suspensions 1 02-02-2008 12:01 AM
converting word "ebay" to a spamlink Jonas Everything Else 1 01-02-2008 09:55 PM
Does ebay really read this forum? Jonas eBay Suspensions 3 11-20-2007 11:49 AM
Please keep this in mind.. Read! Chris Hanson eBay Discussion! 18 08-29-2007 07:50 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58