eBay suspention question, Please help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-17-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default eBay suspention question, Please help!

Hey guys,

I have sold some dvd's and a few sets of beats by dre and just today my ebay got suspended. I have now read about people being sued by these companies (vero) and I am wondering if I may end up getting sued, or is it just that ebay has suspended me? I am really scared and worried, any information would be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2011
Threadstarter  

I should also mention that I purchased items off dhgate with the same paypal I use for ebay. I called ebay and they said they question the authenticity of some of the things I sold because of some complaints in the resolution centre. I'm wondering if its from a VERO company now, or what?

They took down a listing I had for beats by dre, but I kept trying to post them with different pictures and then they suspended my account. Could it just be because I broke ebay rules and not a company trying to sue me?
Old 04-17-2011

Longevity: 78%

i've read if your selling those beats by dre you are asking to get sued i would stop if i was you.
Old 04-17-2011
Threadstarter  

I've sold 3 total in a 6 month span. I tried selling, they suspended my account for 7 days or whatever. I then tried selling from a different account, so I'm not sure whether eBay or Monster is angry. Either way I'm super scared and definitely won't be selling anymore, do you think it's from ebay or Monster though? When I called ebay, they did mention that authenticity was a concern, not sure if that was from a secret shopper maybe, or the fact it could have been from dvd's I was selling.
Old 04-17-2011

Longevity: 78%

it was monster, ebay wont take your listing down unless there told too and they suspended because you kept breaking there policy. if it was any other product i would say find another way to keep listing it but those monster headphones are pretty dangerous
Old 04-17-2011

Longevity: 81%

I would not get too scared, Just don't sell any more of this stuff keep some for your self. It has happened to me also

I was selling your baby can read dvds and they suspended me from ebay shut down my paypal and i never even knew about vero till i searched google and found this forum.

that was 2 years ago and now and they have not sent me anything.

So I might have got away with it and I had sold about 50 boxed sets.

but i hope this little example helps you.
Old 04-17-2011
Threadstarter  

I just kept trying to the list the same thing, but like I said I've only ever sold 3-4 Beats by Dre. I've sold maybe 50-60 dvd sets, and have had some complaints. I hope thats all it is, just suspension because of those complaints and no lawsuits. My paypal is still active, although they are trying to get a lot of people to file disputes against me. How long does it take to receive an email if they were to sue me? I'm just so stressed & scared that I can't even study for my finals :(

I also had 3 different ebay accounts linked to 1 paypal (stupid, I know). I'm just praying they suspended me for suspicion of this, and no law suits.

Last edited by pointman; 04-17-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2011

Longevity: 81%

Dont let this Ruin you please.

It happens to a lot of people.

about the dvds were they also vero items?

Cause if not then just forget about anyone coming after you for those dvds.

if so then again dont worry.

Right now what they can do(Monsters Lawyers) is send a email telling you to stop selling and that you owe them money...blah blah blah....

just ignore it and go back to selling legit items. your ebay account is under watch by ebay so if you dont want to lose your ebay account then stop selling this vero stuff.

In this case honestly I havent heard about monster being very agressive and if they are its for the big sellers that sell sellers that sell way more....

Take a look on ebay you will see they are there...

Monster will go after them not you...

3 sets C'mon.... I just dont think they would take the time for anything below a seller 10-20.... People make mistakes.. just lay low

I cant offer you advice a lawyer will offer you but.... This is from experience and reading the forums. If you want more do a search about your head phones on this forum and see what people are saying.

I even sold 3 monster turbine pro's last year and they never came after me.... more info for ya
The Following User Says Thank You to Imback2010 For This Useful Post:
pointman (04-18-2011)
Old 04-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Well I was adding things to sell tonight, and I was near 20 items, and as I listed the 21st, everything got suspended. Another one of the accounts (which was linked) was already on a 7 day or 30 day ban? So I hope that my stupidity just got me suspended, because that would be fine by me. It's the law suit that scares the living hell out of me. As far as the dvd's, some may have been Vero. I'm just feeling so worried and sick, I cannot afford 10,000-15,000. Hopefully living in Canada helps my cause as well, out of country law suits are usually tougher?

BTW- It was a MC021 FPA, and now that I think of it I've had to do a few refunds of late on PayPal, so I hope this is just a security measure more then anything....

Last edited by pointman; 04-18-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
I should also mention that I purchased items off dhgate with the same paypal I use for ebay.

Quote:
I called ebay and they said they question the authenticity of some of the things I sold because of some complaints in the resolution centre. I'm wondering if its from a VERO company now, or what?
Have any buyers opened up any disputes about the items you sold them?

Quote:
They took down a listing I had for beats by dre, but I kept trying to post them with different pictures and then they suspended my account?

Quote:
I'm not sure whether eBay or Monster is angry

Quote:
Well I was adding things to sell tonight, and I was near 20 items, and as I listed the 21st, everything got suspended.
I was going to recommend you stop what you are doing and read stealth, now I think you need to stop and read through e bay's policies.

Just to get a better understanding of how e bay works, you have made so many mistakes and keep on making them.

Quote:
As far as the dvd's, some may have been Vero.
What does this mean? Do you know what VERO means? Are you saying you now think some of them may have been fa kes?

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Ha ShadyOne and Imback2010 have said everything that needs to be said. Good stuff.
Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

I know, I'm an idiot. I definitley do not argue that. Like I said though, I don't mind getting the boot from eBay. Just don't want any lawsuits or anything. From what I've heard, this mc021 can happen pretty often?
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
I know, I'm an idiot. I definitley do not argue that. Like I said though, I don't mind getting the boot from eBay. Just don't want any lawsuits or anything. From what I've heard, this mc021 can happen pretty often?
It can but the offenders are usually selling fa kes

Stop whilst you are ahead...or stop whilst you are not in any trouble. :D

Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

I agree, I don't want to sell that anymore.
Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

@pointman - you are NOT an idiot - you just were naive =) it happens - myself included, I would not break my head about lawsuit in your case unless 1. you receive a letter to your address.

Even then, while worrisome, is not end of the world. Just stop and move on to something else now.
Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the support guys, this community is really something else. The more investigating I do, I believe I was suspended off ebay because of policy violations (trademark and copyright) as I kept trying to list items (with new pictures) as ebay had suggested, and then they would remove them and warn me, but I would just go to another ebay account (linked with financial info, address, name, etc...) and just try to do it again. I also had a few "item not as described" complaints, so I'm hoping it was just Ebay that got frustrated with me.

It is 100% my fault, but I just hope I'm right and that it is all because of policy violations.

Last edited by pointman; 04-18-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Stop selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, they WILL haunt you back eventually

And I am not talking about suspensions
Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

I never had any problems with the Beats by Dre (which the trade mark & copyright violations were for) I had sold 2 sets before and they were fine. Now when I would just try to list them, they would get taken down within 2 hours, and sometimes they would un-list them before they even got listed (set-start time). Either way I'm done with that stuff, I can live with being suspended for eBay, anything harsher really scares me. I'm just a student trying to make ends meet, I haven't made much money at all...
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
Thank you for the support guys, this community is really something else. The more investigating I do, I believe I was suspended off ebay because of policy violations (trademark and copyright) as I kept trying to list items (with new pictures) as ebay had suggested, and then they would remove them and warn me, but I would just go to another ebay account (linked with financial info, address, name, etc...) and just try to do it again. I also had a few "item not as described" complaints, so I'm hoping it was just Ebay that got frustrated with me.

It is 100% my fault, but I just hope I'm right and that it is all because of policy violations.
I made all these mistakes when I was new on eb ay! :D

Everyone that you have mentioned.

I learnt my mistakes by learning about eb ay. This was after my first suspension. Though it is better to know how eb ay works or you will just keep getting suspended time after time.

Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

So do you think it's just a suspension and no lawsuits? I had read elsewhere on the forum that sometimes companies buy the product and then see if it is real or not. In this case, I just have a feeling I tried posting the beats by dre over n over so they just got frusrated with me and decided to delete my account. I still have all the access to PayPal, and when I called they said everything looked fine and that I would continue to be able to use PayPal.
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
So do you think it's just a suspension and no lawsuits? I had read elsewhere on the forum that sometimes companies buy the product and then see if it is real or not. In this case, I just have a feeling I tried posting the beats by dre over n over so they just got frusrated with me and decided to delete my account. I still have all the access to PayPal, and when I called they said everything looked fine and that I would continue to be able to use PayPal.
Yeah, it does seem like Dr. Dre has had enough of his stuff being sold on e bay!

If they have bought one of your fa kes from you then the first thing they will do is be like "'whats the difference?", "their still dre, but their fa kes". Then they may send you the message.

I depends, if you ackrite and stop selling them, then nobody is going to be like 'bang bang' on your door.

So if they haven't sent a letter to your address or set up a phone tap :D then their is no need to be like a 100 miles and runnin'. Anyway like I said, just forget about dre from now and you should be fine.

Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

I'll say it again - don't be overly worried unless you get some kind of letter in the mail - registered too. Just stop and move on.