Canada Post Suspends Operations - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Should be up and running sometime later this week.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

UPS said they handle some of the packages to CANADA Mail depending on the area. So I used FEDEX.
Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Problem is that UPS and Fedex may charge your Canadian customers importing fees if not well declared.
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
Does anyone know how to adjust the "no sale to Canada" without having to revise each and every listing separately? i got about 300 plus items and that would take forever
Don't tell Granny, but turbolister allows you to select multiple listings and make wholsale changes all at once.
Old 06-21-2011

Longevity: 76%

LOL - what do you mean don't tell granny? - cheeky boy!!:D
Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Gtran what part of CANADA POST do you figure compels you to post - stay off of this thread OMG!!!

ha /hugglez
Old 06-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Problem is that UPS and Fedex may charge your Canadian customers importing fees if not well declared.
Yup, they charge a lot more than the USPS. And the customers will just kill sellers DSR's for high shipping cost. E-Bay didn't mention anything about adjusting for customs fee's problems.
Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yes and I had at least 15-20 packages to Canada via first class. (yes I ship international first class)

I sent each the following:

Dear Canadian customers,

An ongoing labor dispute between Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers has escalated to a full lockout. Canada Post has announced that, mail will not be accepted or delivered across Canada until further notice.
The lockout impacts all shipments to and from Canada handled by Canada Post, as well as shipments into Canada via postal carriers such as USPS or Royal Mail. Naturally we do expect some kind of resolution. However packages that are already en route
will have a significant delay.

We do hope this gets resolved in a timely manner. Once normal shipping resumes. We will be offering an additional 10% discount for our canadian buyers.

We do hope that you will not hold us responsible for the delay in shipping and we promise to do our best with the delay.

If at all any packages return to us, we will reship them to you via Fedex or UPS and no extra cost to you.

Thank you again!

******* Team

__________________________________________________ ___

Customer Customer Customer service!
The Following User Says Thank You to newjerseymax For This Useful Post:
Cashew (06-24-2011)
Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Good stuff on customer service PepsiMax
Old 06-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Good stuff on customer service PepsiMax
Thank You!

I was in the hospitality Industry for 20+ years and customer service has gone from bad to terrible... Crunching numbers and pinching pennies is not the only formula for success...
Old 06-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

I hear that loud and clear.
Old 06-26-2011

Longevity: 76%

Kind of a long read but...

The government finally pushed through legislation Saturday night to get postal workers back to work next week, following a lengthy filibuster from Opposition MPs that stalled a vote for nearly three days.

The back-to-work legislation, derided by the NDP and union groups as anti-labour, passed in the House of Commons just after 8 p.m. after a 58-hour session in Parliament.

The government stood behind the back-to-work bill, saying that small business and other organizations like charities were being choked out by the mail dispute.

After the vote, Prime Minister Stephen Harper walked out of the chamber with Labour Minister Lisa Raitt to announce the legislation had passed.

"We know what side the public was on and I think today members of Parliament on the other side finally started to get that message," he said.

Harper also condemned the three days of round-the-clock debates leading up to the vote, calling them a "completely unnecessary delay."

This week's political maneuvering not only stalled the House vote, but it forced MPs to sleep in their offices, take shifts in Parliament and delay the beginning of their summer vacation.

But the NDP has said the legislation is a dangerous precedent that eliminates collective bargaining.

NDP Leader Jack Layton didn't talk to the media following the vote, but his deputy, Quebec MP Thomas Mulcair, said the filibuster was "a shot across the bow of the Conservatives."

"It's an indication of what's to come for other public service workers who are unionized," said Mulcair. "But it's also a signal from the Conservatives to all employers -- in a union setting or otherwise -- that it's an open bar. They can start going after the acquired rights of their workers."

The strike began on June 3 with a series of rotating strikes that shut down mail facilities in cities across the country.

However, when the strike moved to Montreal and Toronto, Canada Post locked out its employees on June 14 and said that the rotating action was costing millions of dollars.

Talks between the postal workers union and Canada Post management collapsed on Wednesday, following an impasse about entry-level wages, benefits and the age of retirement.

The two sides again met on Saturday morning, but no agreement was reached. By the evening, the NDP finally relented and the bill passed.

The legislation will now go to the Senate.

Though the opposition eventually conceded, they did manage to initiate the longest filibuster related to back-to-work legislation in Canadian history, according to CTV's Richard Madan.

Union leaders have said that they don't plan to defy the legislation, given the huge penalties for doing so. Union members can be fined $1,000 each day, while the union can be fined $100,000.

"We've looked at what the penalties would be and I don't think any of our members or officers of the organization could withstand the financial penalty," said union representative George Kuehnbaum.

"Will there be bitterness going back? Certainly not towards members of the public, but our members will certainly be bitter toward management," he said.

Though mail service is expected to resume soon, Canada Post still must grapple with the reality of a rapidly changing industry.

The crown corporation has seen a 17 per cent drop in mail volume over the past five years, with the cause mostly attributed to online services and private competitors.

Declining mail volumes, less reliance on the post office and the emergence of electronic banking and social media has taken a substantial amount of business away from Canada Post, according to one business professor.

Ian Lee, a professor at the Sprott School of Business in Ottawa, said he believes the drawn out labour dispute only did further harm to Canada Post's weakening reputation,

Lee also chided the NDP's decision to delay back-to-work legislation, predicting that the measures would only render the corporation more irrelevant.

With new advancements like email and new technologies like e-readers and digital music, the need to have a service dedicated to delivering mail and packages is on the decline, he said.

i copied and pasted from CTV news

I for one am just happy i can send my items out finally. I have about 12 now waiting to be mailed to Canada.
I contacted everyone and almost every one said that they still wanted the items, just wait till the postal crap is over with and ship it. i offered a refund and not one wanted a refund
Old 06-26-2011

I tried to ship something last night and USPS wouldn't even accept it. I asked what happened to things that have went to Canada in these recent weeks, and she said everything is sitting in Customs. She didn't mention anything being sent back.