Moving out soon,need suggestions and help - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-01-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%

You'll make it - don't be a stranger
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
techbayelectronics (07-01-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2012
Threadstarter  

So far so good Got a better plan, and im more motivated,thanks to all again
Old 07-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbayelectronics View Post
Thanks too all your help i am already coming up with a much better plan than what i had before , I feel much more confident also, God bless you all and thank you very much,any other suggestions are very appreciated. I also came up with some skills that i have that may be useful for any suggestions:
- I do some SEO (search engine optimization) work.
- I have experience with some web development.
- I know alot about electronics and computers (Use too sell them to buy clothing and other needs)
Again thank you all appreciate it alot!!
Hey....awesome, another computer techy.
Old 07-01-2012

Longevity: 73%

slapped nailed it, get a job ASAP and take your time building your side business, its not something you can crack over night, and you will make mistakes. But you won't be freaking out about it, chalk it up and keep moving.

Quote:
- I do some SEO (search engine optimization) work.
- I have experience with some web development.
Given your age im not sure how much SEO work you'd actually land, and it might actually be avoided given clients think SEO is magic bullet 1st page ranking stuff and if it doesn't happen in 30 days or less they'll be ringing your phone 24 hours asking whywhywhywhywhyw. To many SEO B/S'ers out there. If you do heavily disclose that its not magic juju sauce, and it doesnt happen overnight.

Web dev is the same way, if you don't have some iron clad contract stating you'll ONLY do XYZ and the client will be happy with XYZ it turns into a never ending website tweekfest cause the client likes red... or blue... or oh thats pretty... then they don't pay cause they didn't like it so keep changing until they do..... circle of doom begins.

Prob the best route for this would be just to create some canned templates, maybe hack a wordpress install and let the client pick from a list. THIS SITE BUT YOUR CONTENT? cool? OK, just so they know THATS IT - NOTHING MORE - keeps them from hen pecking your eyeballs out.

Just giving you a heads up of what pains can be lurking :-P

Best Of Luck!!

you can PM me as well for any tech related stuff... i've been admining almost as long as you've been alive.
The Following User Says Thank You to golden_monkey For This Useful Post:
techbayelectronics (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_monkey View Post
slapped nailed it, get a job ASAP and take your time building your side business, its not something you can crack over night, and you will make mistakes. But you won't be freaking out about it, chalk it up and keep moving.

Given your age im not sure how much SEO work you'd actually land, and it might actually be avoided given clients think SEO is magic bullet 1st page ranking stuff and if it doesn't happen in 30 days or less they'll be ringing your phone 24 hours asking whywhywhywhywhyw. To many SEO B/S'ers out there. If you do heavily disclose that its not magic juju sauce, and it doesnt happen overnight.

Web dev is the same way, if you don't have some iron clad contract stating you'll ONLY do XYZ and the client will be happy with XYZ it turns into a never ending website tweekfest cause the client likes red... or blue... or oh thats pretty... then they don't pay cause they didn't like it so keep changing until they do..... circle of doom begins.

Prob the best route for this would be just to create some canned templates, maybe hack a wordpress install and let the client pick from a list. THIS SITE BUT YOUR CONTENT? cool? OK, just so they know THATS IT - NOTHING MORE - keeps them from hen pecking your eyeballs out.

Just giving you a heads up of what pains can be lurking :-P

Best Of Luck!!

you can PM me as well for any tech related stuff... i've been admining almost as long as you've been alive.
Lol ive dealt with web dev pains before. But never with SEO. Thank you very much also!
Old 07-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Anyone think i can create a income source with Eb*y and PP? All i need at ths point is 400$ a month, i see people making 1k$ a day :o its unbelievable
Old 07-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Anyone think i can create a income source with Eb*y and PP? All i need at ths point is 400$ a month, i see people making 1k$ a day :o its unbelievable
With careful plans anything is doable BUT......

life is full of 'butts' ( a little poetic license there )

Your problem is relying on that magic figure.

$400 may cover expenses. What happens if the ability to make that amount is removed?

You need to look at an all over picture...

Work out a living budget.

See what business you can do to make it work.

Dont depend on $400
techbayelectronics (10-11-2015)
Old 07-02-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Don't worry about that right now, get your job and get your stuff covered.

1k a day isn't going to happen over night and its going to take LOTS of teeth cutting.

STEP ONE: get to step one, don't think about step 200 yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to golden_monkey For This Useful Post:
techbayelectronics (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_monkey View Post
Don't worry about that right now, get your job and get your stuff covered.

1k a day isn't going to happen over night and its going to take LOTS of teeth cutting.

STEP ONE: get to step one, don't think about step 200 yet.
I completely agree 100%, i was just saying if someone can make 1k$ a day i should be able to reach my goal of 13$ a day,anyway thank you for the post.