Handle Ebay Returns On Stealth? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

I agree with the supplier self addressed envelope

BUT issue has been when they did not contact me and started an ebay dispute eg SNAD, where your registered address comes up as return and you can change it, but then tricky to put a non-linked po box in to the dispute panel as it is visible to ebay.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-26-2012 at 01:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
Global (11-02-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Whats the point of sending out self addressed envelopes to everyone? seems like a waste of time and money
Old 10-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
Whats the point of sending out self addressed envelopes to everyone? seems like a waste of time and money
not to everyone, just to those few people that want to return ie. the PITA
Old 10-26-2012

Longevity: 69%

didn't someone mentioned post office forwarding service before? i wonder how long the forwarding service is for and whether they forward package as well or only letters
Old 10-27-2012

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
There is a FAR easier way.

I ask for their email address.

I send them a Refund&Return Form attached in the email and say its from my supplier and the item should be returned to the address on the top of the form.

I have my home address on the Form and pretend to be the main supplier.

As im the "main supplier" theres no trouble coming to me. Im not the one selling on ebay. The guy they bought it from (the stealth account) is one of my many customers.
I like this i will do this believe me this
Old 10-28-2012

Longevity: 76%

In the United States, I normally use a P.O. Box or a UPS Store Address. If anyone asks why it is different than the location listed on eBay, I either say I am a college student, have moved, or the item was drop shipped. When I make stealth's I usually use College Towns.
The Following User Says Thank You to makaveliagain For This Useful Post:
mcmx (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012

Longevity: 68%

I like your helpful post and I like your name haha
Old 10-28-2012

I would also say if you use a Mail Box. Always have some kind of company name and if you are worried about getting linked because of it. Always Say return to

Joe Smo Comapy
c/o your Ebay Id
then the Box addy
City, Sate Zip
Old 10-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

quote:

Even the most moronic of ebay buyers can get the gist.

Interesting choice ha
Old 11-01-2012

Longevity: 66%

In regards to the UPS Store to use a box, how do you get around that. If your name is ABC (legal name) and you are using the name XYZ for eBay how can you accept a package being sent to the UPS store under name XYZ when you opened the account with your legal name? They require proof of ID to open these. Has anyone done this or have any ideas? Thank you
Old 11-01-2012

Longevity: 88%

Quote:

I send them a Refund&Return Form attached in the email and say its from my supplier and the item should be returned to the address on the top of the form.

As im the "main supplier" theres no trouble coming to me. Im not the one selling on ebay. The guy they bought it from (the stealth account) is one of my many customers.
This is the best way and I've been doing this for years. The difference now - you get their email fro PP and just send them a message to check their email box.
Old 11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdfirefighter View Post
In regards to the UPS Store to use a box, how do you get around that. If your name is ABC (legal name) and you are using the name XYZ for eBay how can you accept a package being sent to the UPS store under name XYZ when you opened the account with your legal name? They require proof of ID to open these. Has anyone done this or have any ideas? Thank you
I have two UPS store addies and both accept my return package under my ebay name just fine. I just told the owner that I'm receiving the packages under the specific name, they're fine with it.
Old 11-02-2012

Thank you for the responses. I guess my question is more pertaining to purchases rather than returns. I am going to purchase a bunch of cheap items to build feedback and I am concerned I have no where to receive them. Has anyone had luck with talking to the local UPS store and just telling them the situation that "you have your ebay account in an alternate name for privacy reasons" or some stupid excuse like that and getting them to add that name to the account with proof of ID? That is my thinking right now. The UPS Store is my only option at this point for a box rental.
Old 11-02-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:

idea thief
The Following User Says Thank You to they_screwed_me_too For This Useful Post:
Global (11-02-2012)
Old 11-04-2012

Quote:
Thank you for the responses. I guess my question is more pertaining to purchases rather than returns. I am going to purchase a bunch of cheap items to build feedback and I am concerned I have no where to receive them. Has anyone had luck with talking to the local UPS store and just telling them the situation that "you have your ebay account in an alternate name for privacy reasons" or some stupid excuse like that and getting them to add that name to the account with proof of ID? That is my thinking right now. The UPS Store is my only option at this point for a box rental.
Honestly bro, just open the UPS Store box and add a business name even if you don't have one. When you buy something off eBay just have it sent to the box and use the business name so you don't have to worry about it.
Old 11-04-2012

Longevity: 73%

Just get a P.O. Box at your local USPS and provide your customers the P.O. Box Address. Thats my way to go about the returns, and I only pay $17 for 3 months.
Old 11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact View Post
Just get a P.O. Box at your local USPS and provide your customers the P.O. Box Address. Thats my way to go about the returns, and I only pay $17 for 3 months.
What name do you put on the ups box? Is it your actual name or it is our ⊗⊗⊗⊗ eBay name? When I asked the ups store they said to add anther name they need proof of ID for that individual. My fear is if it comes to the po box as name bob and name Tom is on the box they will send it back..
Old 11-04-2012

Quote:
What name do you put on the ups box? Is it your actual name or it is our ⊗⊗⊗⊗ eBay name? When I asked the ups store they said to add anther name they need proof of ID for that individual. My fear is if it comes to the po box as name bob and name Tom is on the box they will send it back..
It will get sent back with USPS. They leave a note asking for that person to come with you to pick up the item. I would still suggest just adding a biz name to Box whether it is the post office or UPS. Then when you buy something off eBay have it shipped to that Biz name rather than some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name you have on the eBay account. It is not complicated.
Old 11-05-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Actually, when I opened the PO Box, I included my personal name since they pretty much ask for ID. However, my return packages contain my Business Name (ebay username) and I never had any trouble obtaining the packages. So when your customers ask for your return address, just include the business name instead of the name on the account. That is my personal experience.

Last edited by Impact; 11-05-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I agree with the supplier self addressed envelope

BUT issue has been when they did not contact me and started an ebay dispute eg SNAD, where your registered address comes up as return and you can change it, but then tricky to put a non-linked po box in to the dispute panel as it is visible to ebay.
That's just happened to me, and I've no idea how to overcome it. Any ideas?
Old 11-09-2012

Longevity: 67%

If it is $$$, you should open a mail box now (private mail box) to have a return address attached
Old 11-13-2012

Longevity: 69%

and what about shipping the package without a sender address. then when the buyer need to return something he has to contact you. that way you can make sure to give him your preferred return address, right? this also eliminates the automatic return rate.

only problem might be postoffice ppl get picky and insist you add a sender, but it's also easy to solve - just print shipping label online and drop off.

and how about mail forwarding from the stealth address?