Need help from Computer Saavy stealthers. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Your Computer Specs Suggest to Me that your Problem is Memory, I HIGHLY Recommend these Guys:

PCUSA.com Custom PC for Powerful Computing

They are Not overly Expensive, and they do GREAT work, I have Purchased MANY computers from them NEVER a Problem

Custom Create your Own system, as Stated Above Start with the Cheapest i5 or even Better i7 Basic system, then, add as Much Memory as you can afford, a FAST hard Drive Helps a LOT also, if you can Afford it purchase a 2 Hard drive system,,an SSD Hard drive for the Operating System (Windows), and all your Programs as your Primary Hard drive, and a second BIG Storage Hard drive that will hold all of your Files, Music, videos,ect, ect,,,,If you cannot afford that then a Good 7200 RPM Hard drive will serve Nicely as well,,,and also go to a 64bit Windows Operating System,,,in the future your system will run faster,,,any Questions, Just ask
Just what I was asking for. Thanks I'll check them out.

As far as routers. . .are they all the same in regards to performance and loading time when switching Mac Addresses?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGold View Post
Saw this at my local Costco regularly $900+:

Dell X8500-4727BK Desktop: Core i7 3770 3.40GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2TB 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB, WiFi N, Win 7 Home Prem for $600 + tax

If you live close to a Costco, it may be worth the drive for a very fast desktop.
When did you see this? I may have to stop by and check it out.
Old 10-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
When did you see this? I may have to stop by and check it out.
Yesterday.
Old 10-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Since you are determined to buy a new computer then buy away. I was going to ask you to just clean the one you have and maybe upgrade it to a SSD drive.

Your current system has more than enough memory for the tasks that you do. You are running dual channel from the 3gb that you have. I would think a 2gb and 1gb memory module.

With what your saying about computer problems and slow downs, it could be 1 of two things. Some kind of network problem with the internal computer network or your external router. Or you have some kind of task running in the back ground that is taking all of the processor power away. If I think you have a P4 processor with HT cpu, which is more than enough for most people, that background processing work is really working that P4 to death.

When ever you start your computer, go into your task manager, alt-control-delete, and check your performance tab. It will give a line that says how much the processor is being taken up. If the line shots all the way up or anything over 95%, than that is your problem on the slow downs.

Then check your memory usage, right under that will have a blue line, anything over the total amount you have will cause the computer to use the hard drive for temporary memory. That really slows down your computer. If that is the cause then you have something taking all your memory or a program with really bad memory leaks. Sometimes it happens when you have a program on for some time, days and days, and memory leaks happen, so the usage goes up until there is no more memory available.

The OS looks up to date, windows 7 is fine by now. Mr. Softy got the bugs fixed by now, very stable and good OS. If you still want XP, update the OS to windows 7 Pro or Ult. and you can install XP pro into a virtual machine built into the OS already. Its perfectly legal with Microsoft, they built it into the OS.

From the list you gave me, the process is dual core, but I think its either a Pentium 4 HT with a single core and Hyper threading enabled, so it fools you into having a dual core desktop. Or you could have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor, a true dual core.

But if you still want a new computer, that deal from Costco looks very very good. Very good processor. Hard drive is nice, the graphics card is so so, for my needs anyways, but very good for you. But I dont know, for the price they must of cheaped out somewhere else. I beat they cheaped out on the Power Supply Unit, PSU. Dell always cheaps out on the PSUs. But with this desktop at the price they really cheaped out.

I would actually pick it up, but check the warranty first. I think it must be 90 days warranty and not the full 1 year normal warranty. But if you pay with some credit card, forgot the brand, they will extend the warranty over 1 year with Costco purchases.

If you do end up buying it, purchase a SSD hard drive, put the Operating System (OS) on the SSD drive and leave the normal 2tb hard drive to store all your regular stuff. The OS will load up from the SSD. SSD are so much faster than normal hard drives, x3 min faster. Changing User Accounts will also be much faster. I wish they can drop that i7 processor, install a i3 and add a SSD drive for the same price.

Last edited by yotano211; 10-27-2012 at 09:48 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
corleone (10-28-2012), norma (10-27-2012)
Old 10-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGold View Post
Saw this at my local Costco regularly $900+:

Dell X8500-4727BK Desktop: Core i7 3770 3.40GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2TB 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB, WiFi N, Win 7 Home Prem for $600 + tax

If you live close to a Costco, it may be worth the drive for a very fast desktop.
This is a really good computer for the price if you don't play games

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Even if you still game games, that Nvidia 640 can play most games at 1280x1024 resolution on medium graphics settings.
Old 10-27-2012

Longevity: 71%

Yep great price for such a computer

I like laptops better because i am going in the woods,parks closer to nature doing my job......Since i started operating all my stealth accounts not from home i noticed that my sales increased about 35%

In Pennsylvania temperature dropped right now but when the spring is coming i am out again
Old 10-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Never get hampered by the weather
Old 10-28-2012

Longevity: 71%

I don't wanna get sick rsot

To cold right now
Old 10-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Since you are determined to buy a new computer then buy away. I was going to ask you to just clean the one you have and maybe upgrade it to a SSD drive.

Your current system has more than enough memory for the tasks that you do. You are running dual channel from the 3gb that you have. I would think a 2gb and 1gb memory module.

With what your saying about computer problems and slow downs, it could be 1 of two things. Some kind of network problem with the internal computer network or your external router. Or you have some kind of task running in the back ground that is taking all of the processor power away. If I think you have a P4 processor with HT cpu, which is more than enough for most people, that background processing work is really working that P4 to death.

When ever you start your computer, go into your task manager, alt-control-delete, and check your performance tab. It will give a line that says how much the processor is being taken up. If the line shots all the way up or anything over 95%, than that is your problem on the slow downs.

Then check your memory usage, right under that will have a blue line, anything over the total amount you have will cause the computer to use the hard drive for temporary memory. That really slows down your computer. If that is the cause then you have something taking all your memory or a program with really bad memory leaks. Sometimes it happens when you have a program on for some time, days and days, and memory leaks happen, so the usage goes up until there is no more memory available.

The OS looks up to date, windows 7 is fine by now. Mr. Softy got the bugs fixed by now, very stable and good OS. If you still want XP, update the OS to windows 7 Pro or Ult. and you can install XP pro into a virtual machine built into the OS already. Its perfectly legal with Microsoft, they built it into the OS.

From the list you gave me, the process is dual core, but I think its either a Pentium 4 HT with a single core and Hyper threading enabled, so it fools you into having a dual core desktop. Or you could have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor, a true dual core.

But if you still want a new computer, that deal from Costco looks very very good. Very good processor. Hard drive is nice, the graphics card is so so, for my needs anyways, but very good for you. But I dont know, for the price they must of cheaped out somewhere else. I beat they cheaped out on the Power Supply Unit, PSU. Dell always cheaps out on the PSUs. But with this desktop at the price they really cheaped out.

I would actually pick it up, but check the warranty first. I think it must be 90 days warranty and not the full 1 year normal warranty. But if you pay with some credit card, forgot the brand, they will extend the warranty over 1 year with Costco purchases.

If you do end up buying it, purchase a SSD hard drive, put the Operating System (OS) on the SSD drive and leave the normal 2tb hard drive to store all your regular stuff. The OS will load up from the SSD. SSD are so much faster than normal hard drives, x3 min faster. Changing User Accounts will also be much faster. I wish they can drop that i7 processor, install a i3 and add a SSD drive for the same price.
My CPU usage only says 5%. I'll check it later when it stalls on me.

Thanks for the write up, much appreciated.

My local costco didn't have that deal, it was still 900, but I may check around black friday to see if I can find a knockout deal.
Old 10-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
My CPU usage only says 5%. I'll check it later when it stalls on me.

Thanks for the write up, much appreciated.

My local costco didn't have that deal, it was still 900, but I may check around black friday to see if I can find a knockout deal.
Make sure that when you computer slows down you have the task manager running in the back ground. Then when it slows down, and back to normal again, click on the task manager tab really fast. It will have a history of your processor usage going back at least 10 seconds. That is more than enough time to see if the cpu spikes up.
Old 10-29-2012

Longevity: 69%

I have been using a mac with windows on a bootcamp partition and I hate it so I am selling my imac and getting an HP H8-1360t with these specs

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t Desktop PC
• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 12GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]
• 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• No secondary hard drive
• 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 [HDMI, DVI, VGA via adapter]
• 300W Power supply

I actually ordered it last night and it came out to about $900 after tax and shipping which is several hundred dollars less then this stupid imac and way more powerful (in terms of our specific needs).
Old 10-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
I have been using a mac with windows on a bootcamp partition and I hate it so I am selling my imac and getting an HP H8-1360t with these specs

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t Desktop PC
• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 12GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]
• 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• No secondary hard drive
• 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 [HDMI, DVI, VGA via adapter]
• 300W Power supply

I actually ordered it last night and it came out to about $900 after tax and shipping which is several hundred dollars less then this stupid imac and way more powerful (in terms of our specific needs).
Holy Sh*it that is over priced. I could built a system with more than double the performance for that, or save half the price. That graphics card us pure junk, a renamed last generation Radeon HD 6570. The PSU does not allow for any future upgrades, 300w(?), hahaha.....

Hope your happy with it.
Old 11-07-2012

Quote:
Holy Sh*it that is over priced. I could built a system with more than double the performance for that, or save half the price. That graphics card us pure junk, a renamed last generation Radeon HD 6570. The PSU does not allow for any future upgrades, 300w(?), hahaha.....

Hope your happy with it.
I'm all open for suggestions. What would you have built for that price?
Old 11-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

I dont know, I am not a desktop person. But I can tell you that I can get at least a AMD 7750 gpu in there that would beat the crap out of a 7570.

Most parts that I would get would be used, esp. the processor, processors rarely fail. The PSU I can get for that price would at least be a 600w PSU. I would build it myself but even a pre built desktop for that price is kinda high.
Old 11-10-2012

Quote:
I dont know, I am not a desktop person. But I can tell you that I can get at least a AMD 7750 gpu in there that would beat the crap out of a 7570.

Most parts that I would get would be used, esp. the processor, processors rarely fail. The PSU I can get for that price would at least be a 600w PSU. I would build it myself but even a pre built desktop for that price is kinda high.
What difference in performance would I see with a 600w PSU?
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
What difference in performance would I see with a 600w PSU?
The Power Supply of your system must be adequatly matched to your system.

For example a System that is running 2 Top Of the Line Video cards with an XFire or SLI configuration requires a SUBSTANTIALLY Larger Power supply than a System that only uses intergrated Motherboard graphics chips.

When you do not provide adequate power to the System a whole host of problems can arise, from components not functioning at all, to Overheating and Burning out your power supply (Can be Dangerous),,Think of it as pluging in to many things into the same outlet,,,your gonna blow a fuse,,,
yotano211 (11-11-2012)
Old 11-10-2012

Quote:

For example a System that is running 2 Top Of the Line Video cards with an XFire or SLI configuration requires a SUBSTANTIALLY Larger Power supply than a System that only uses intergrated Motherboard graphics chips.

When you do not provide adequate power to the System a whole host of problems can arise, from components not functioning at all, to Overheating and Burning out your power supply (Can be Dangerous),,Think of it as pluging in to many things into the same outlet,,,your gonna blow a fuse,,,
Thanks, makes sense.
Old 11-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

100% true.