Do I need to bring traffic from outside of eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-27-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Exclamation Do I need to bring traffic from outside of eBay?

How is it even possible. Power Seller sells 100 items of the same model everyday yet when I try to sell the same model I can barely sell one a day. So that got me thinking. Could it be that Power Seller Top Rated Sellers who sell 900 items day bring traffic from outside of eBay? I cannot come up with any other explanation. Yes I understand, they do get extra exposure (traffic) for being top rated power seller with thousands of feedbacks but this can only be accounted for a fraction of their total items sold per day. I am not expecting anyone to admit here that my findings are correct but maybe some of you wont mind to share your opinion. I have read on some forums where people claiming that you don't need to bring traffic from outside of eBay since ebay already does it for you. But if that was the case how can these power sellers sell so much more while selling the same exact product?

Old 01-27-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Hello Stan!

Many power sellers including myself use other social networks to bring potential customers who are looking for particular items.

Also, like me, selling lots of antique items I post on antique type forums with my ebay user name etc.

Networking is the key along with GOOGLE keywords as many people type right into google what they are looking for. If yours matches theirs then yours will be on page one of google.

None of us have a fighting chance only relying on ebay customers once the best match etc came into play so you have to even the playing field anyway you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
stanislav (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Longevity: 70%

From my personal experience & or point of view. Once you sell about 100+ or more on a good till canceled listing. It gets popular on eBay in which shows "see what other people are watching" towards the end of the listing. I believe if your a top rated seller & or powerseller they boost you in the search result because your item is " popular on eBay" The more people purchase & leave positive feedback it gives buyers a more safer way to purchase from that seller. Hope this helps. I use to run 100+ a day. Hope this takes care of your concerns.
The Following User Says Thank You to solesupremesales For This Useful Post:
stanislav (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
How is it even possible. Power Seller sells 100 items of the same model everyday yet when I try to sell the same model I can barely sell one a day. So that got me thinking. Could it be that Power Seller Top Rated Sellers who sell 900 items day bring traffic from outside of eBay?

I cannot come up with any other explanation. Yes I understand, they do get extra exposure (traffic) for being top rated power seller with thousands of feedbacks but this can only be accounted for a fraction of their total items sold per day.

I am not expecting anyone to admit here that my findings are correct but maybe some of you wont mind to share your opinion. I have read on some forums where people claiming that you don't need to bring traffic from outside of eBay since ebay already does it for you. But if that was the case how can these power sellers sell so much more while selling the same exact product?
Ha! I don't Ebay, haven't been to the site in years. But I will bet anything you are 100% incorrect.

I Guarantee there is something about your competitors that makes them Stand out from YOU.

You many not see if but Buyers do.

I doubt Sellers are bring spending money on Paid Traffic.

Maybe they have repeat buyers.

Maybe the seller has an Autoresponder or Newsletter and stays in touch.

I guarantee if I saw their Site vs Yours I'd see a big difference.

Most businesses don't know how to Market, problem #1.
Old 01-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Hello Stan!

Many power sellers including myself use other social networks to bring potential customers who are looking for particular items.

Also, like me, selling lots of antique items I post on antique type forums with my ebay user name etc.

Networking if the key along with GOOGLE keywords as many people type right into google what they are looking for. If yours matches theirs then yours will be on page one of google.

None of us have a fighting chance only relying on ebay customers once the best match etc came into play so you have to even the playing field anyway you can.
Hello dear Sandy! Thank you for your advice. As always solid advice from a solid power seller. You are an inspiration to me and probably many of us here.

I was considering buying GOOGLE keywords I don't know how much money I should spend on each keyword or daily. Would you say spending 500-1000$ on keywords might not be enough ? I was also thinking about Google Shopping. Seems very promising.
Old 01-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solesupremesales View Post
From my personal experience & or point of view. Once you sell about 100+ or more on a good till canceled listing. It gets popular on eBay in which shows "see what other people are watching" towards the end of the listing. I believe if your a top rated seller & or powerseller they boost you in the search result because your item is " popular on eBay" The more people purchase & leave positive feedback it gives buyers a more safer way to purchase from that seller. Hope this helps. I use to run 100+ a day. Hope this takes care of your concerns.
This is another interesting and good advice. I will definitely take this into consideration. It makes sense to me.
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
Hello dear Sandy! Thank you for your advice. As always solid advice from a solid power seller. You are an inspiration to me and probably many of us here.

I was considering buying GOOGLE keywords I don't know how much money I should spend on each keyword or daily. Would you say spending 500-1000$ on keywords might not be enough ? I was also thinking about Google Shopping. Seems very promising.
There is no such thing as Buying Google Keywords. There is Google Adwords also known as PPC (Pay Per Click).

How much to spend always makes me laugh.

If you are getting a Return On Investment you (invest) as money much as you have. Millions if you can get it.

If you placed a $20 bill in an ATM and it kept spitting out $100 bills, then how many $20s would you put into the machine.

I'll give everyone here some Free great advice.

Learn how to Market. That's all that counts. McDonalds hamburgers are crap, but guess who sells the most burgers in the world?

Last edited by Roscoe; 01-27-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Ha! I don't Ebay, haven't been to the site in years. But I will bet anything you are 100% incorrect.

I Guarantee there is something about your competitors that makes them Stand out from YOU.

You many not see if but Buyers do.

I doubt Sellers are bring spending money on Paid Traffic.

Maybe they have repeat buyers.

Maybe the seller has an Autoresponder or Newsletter and stays in touch.

I guarantee if I saw their Site vs Yours I'd see a big difference.

Most businesses don't know how to Market, problem #1.
Sorry I have to disagree with you. I have an excellent listing for my product. In fact I provide larger high resolution pictures. I believe there is something else that is driving their traffic from outside of eBay. I've noticed most of these sellers sell mostly for buy-it-now price and only small percentage of auctions to attract more potential buyers. I found one top seller who sells about 900 items a day and it's only about 7-8 different models. Something else obviously is involved here. I tried to put the same price and yet not a single sale.
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
Hello Stan!

Networking if the key along with GOOGLE keywords as many people type right into google what they are looking for. If yours matches theirs then yours will be on page one of google.

Good advice Sandy. Using Free Social sites can pay off handsomely.

Relying on ONE source of Traffic for any busines is the Kiss Of Death.
Old 01-27-2013
Banned

Quote:

Top keywords are free to see.
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
Sorry I have to disagree with you. I have an excellent listing for my product. In fact I provide larger high resolution pictures. I believe there is something else that is driving their traffic from outside of eBay. I've noticed most of these sellers sell mostly for buy-it-now price and only small percentage of auctions to attract more potential buyers. I found one top seller who sells about 900 items a day and it's only about 7-8 different models. Something else obviously is involved here. I tried to put the same price and yet not a single sale.
Then "Reverse Engineer" your competition.

Google their name, images, etc... and see what you find.

Yes, high resolution images does help, along with goog lighting.

I would never buy from a business that is not powerseller for the same price. Why should I?

What is unique about you?

Guarantee
Shipping
Quality
Pricing

What seperates you from them?
Old 01-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Then "Reverse Engineer" your competition.

Google their name, images, etc... and see what you find.

Yes, high resolution images does help, along with goog lighting.

I would never buy from a business that is not powerseller for the same price. Why should I?

What is unique about you?

Guarantee
Shipping
Quality
Pricing

What seperates you from them?
LOL! You are talking to me like I started selling on eBay a few days ago. I didn't ask you to criticize me. I have now 4 Power Seller Top Rated eBay accounts. There is more to just fast shipping, high quality and the amount of feedbacks you have. These top power sellers with 50,000 feedbacks are getting their traffic from somewhere else is what I am saying here. You can have the best looking listing and provide best service to your customers but if you cannot generate traffic you cannot sell as many products (not even close) as some of these sellers do.
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
LOL! You are talking to me like I started selling on eBay a few days ago. I didn't ask you to criticize me. I have now 4 Power Seller Top Rated eBay accounts. There is more to just fast shipping, high quality and the amount of feedbacks you have.

These top power sellers with 50,000 feedbacks are getting their traffic from somewhere else is what I am saying here. You can have the best looking listing and provide best service to your customers but if you cannot generate traffic you cannot sell as many products (not even close) as some of these sellers do.
Yes, I understand that. As Sandy clearly stated, she uses social sites to gain more traffic.

Traffic + Conversion (buyers) = Profits

It's that simple.

If you are only figuring this out now then you have a lot to learn about Ebay.

I don't know Ebay but I could figure it out in no time. I wouldn't waste my time selling there unless I knew Ebay betteer than Ebay knows Ebay.

Sellers need to treat this as a business, it requires all your effort.

Social sites
Youtube
SEO
Adwords
Autoresponders
Banner Ads
etc...
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
Yes I need to learn a lot about eBay. That's why I am selling 50 items a day without getting an outside traffic. In fact I could sell 100 + per day if it wasn't for my selling limits. So yes I am going to buy myself book on how to sell on eBay. I am sure all the secrets will be revealed right there. Or maybe I will pay you directly to teach me on how to sell on eBay the correct way.
If you know a lot about Ebay then why ask questions that are blatantly obvious to me.

Outside traffic will bring more traffic which equals more sales, so why ask now after already being a PowerSeller?

I'll let you know when my Ebay Guide is ready for purchase!

"How to make Money on Ebay, and Lot's of it"
Old 01-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

I'll be blunt, my friend.

$500 to $1000 on GOOGLE keywords is roughly $495 too much.

Where else is the Stanislav empire?

And if it is nowhere else why not?

You have to expose yourself without wasting money.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I'll be blunt, my friend.

$500 to $1000 on GOOGLE keywords is roughly $495 too much.

Where else is the Stanislav empire?

And if it is nowhere else why not?

You have to expose yourself without wasting money.

So, are you saying to spend $5.00 or $505.00?
Old 01-27-2013
Banned

Quote:
ZERO

It can be done for no money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Callidus (02-01-2013), stanislav (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
ZERO

It can be done for no money.
I was just kidding.

However, if, and that's a big "if." Paying for Adwords would provide a ROI then I would absolutely do it.

The key to growing a business is to use all traffic sources that provide a ROI.

I'm sure for products with a High Net Profit using Adwords would be profitable.

Otherwise, it would be on my list to avoid.

There are many ways to drive traffic. Although I would rather drive traffic to my own site that I control. Long term that is where the money is at.

Think I'm going to visit Ebay now, haven't been to that site in YEARS.
Old 01-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Shut your face I am saying. ( as you know).

Spending money can be avoided.

I was trying to make sure the OP was to be given encouragement in a constructive way.
Old 01-27-2013

Longevity: 69%

I think it all boils down to powersellers showing up first (or bigger guys). When I buy something, I rarely go beyond page 2-3 and usually go back to the first couple sellers I looked at first.

I try to get an idea of a good price and go with someone I feel is a big seller, which usually has a good price, or slightly better than rest. As a buyer I'm looking at overall feel but maybe that's just me.

When you go to somewhere, do you go into the big lit up store in front, or go browse the dark back alleys for something better?

I'm not 100% sure they bring their own traffic. I'm not one of them, but I'm pretty sure if I had control over hundreds of sales per day, I wouldn't send them to my ebay store so I can pay a ton of fees and deal with ebay/pp drama on a weekly basis lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to css1 For This Useful Post:
bruceuk (01-27-2013), Roscoe (01-27-2013), zoneout (01-28-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Longevity: 66%

Just my opinion but it would pain me to send traffic to ebay.
All traffic i generate is swayed towards my website where i can sell without dictators.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

Stan,

I very slightly agree with you on this but there is some agreement. One of my items is very unique and I have a heavy hitter competitor that blows me away on this item on ebay. They were selling 20-30 a day more then me(this is a large number gap for this item). So when I first discovered this I started looking into every aspect of my competition, as I always do. After quick research I found my competitors real website and immediately noticed "VISIT OUR EBAY STORE" and "CHECKOUT WITH PAYPAL" this quickly answered my question that my competition might be the biggest idiot I know. So he has a website that is receiving good traffic without ebay and paypal but yet they turn around and tell there customers hey go there so I can let them take control of my business.

I doubt it's necessary to go into details on why this is a perfect example of a great product but non-educated ownership, probably inherited the company haha.

So Stan I agree this can happen but the chances are very slim and mainly root to the above stated reasons from other users. One more thing Stan, Do a quick search of this item on ebay/amazon and let me know the numbered results. I think if you give us the number of other people selling your exact product, then we can really count out "other reasons". Let us know
The Following User Says Thank You to accutinting For This Useful Post:
stanislav (01-27-2013)