Is it just me or do "regular" eBay seller accounts almost never get suspended? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-23-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateep22 View Post
You are right, pay some more money and get more quality...makes sense...i was just saying thanks for at least learning that a vcc can cost as low as $4, so when i compare 20 to 4, i know what the differences are..
4.00 would be the activation fee. A 25.00 gift card is 28.95. So even though you're paying 28.95, you get 25 of it on your card as credit to use however you like.

I use 1.95 of it to verify my paypal account. Then I ship my first package. If I have additional items to ship with that account, I alway's ship 1 item at a time, wait the 10 minutes to get the refund before shipping the next item.
Usually, I have about 20.00 left over after creating a stealth account and having shipped an item, and I drain the cards at a gas station.

Sorry for getting off topic GB, I just thought I would clear that up. Making a stealth account does not cost very much money, it's a very small expense that I have factored into my sales budget.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2013

Longevity: 69%

I take it you dont have access to all of these accounts?? Never received an mc043 notice then lol??

sorry i meant access to the addresses
Old 02-27-2013

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laritha View Post
My guess is that the greater majority of your accounts are "sleepers" with no feedback.
PSH, don't ever 2nd guess sandy.
The Following User Says Thank You to golden_monkey For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
My guess is that the greater majority of your accounts are "sleepers" with no feedback.

Wrong.

Many of my OWN accounts all have feedback, some with 5,000 feedback some with 100 feedback and many in between.

By rotation accounts on a weekly basis I build accounts by selling and buying items to build them with feedback and therefore for the future.

For instance, I take a new account and list 10 items. Get 5 feedback usually from buyers. Wait until next month and sell 10 more items, get 5 more feedback. Repeat over and over and in 90 days I get some nice selling limits raised.

Then the goal is to get to no limits and no holds.

In which I have a stack of accounts with no limits and no holds.

Thus the purpose of having a stack of rotating accounts that are like gold.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (02-28-2013)
Old 02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
It seems to me one can never have enough accounts. Yes, so far you have done well to stay under the radar but who knows what new policies, techniques, etc eb will dream up in the future. When I signed up for eb back in 1998 I thought for sure that one account would last me a lifetime. If I knew then what I know now how evil eb would become I would have thousand accounts by now.
I signed up for eb in 1999. Back then people could and did set up 1000s of accounts because it didn't require a credit card or any verification.
Old 02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
What is $50 to get an account up and running if you are going to make 10K off of it. If you can't make a profit off of opening another account, stick to what you have. Think of each Ebay account as new locations for your business.

On a side note Shottas is the Jamaican Scarface. Awesome movie
It would be nice to make 10K per account, that's the thing I have never figured out. All the selling on eb ebooks, etc I buy turn out to be fluff.
Old 02-28-2013

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I dont lose accounts and never sold risky items ever.

I have 400 sellers accounts and rotate them around to keep them active.

The one account you let sit for a year and got the limits drop scares me to death, now I find myself double checking to make sure I at list list 10 items or so on each account in rotation. Others I list far more but if you have accounts sitting I would toss a few things on them once in a while myself.
Sandy, just curious...with that many accounts, what method are you using for changing your IP? (I did a search, looking for the Sandy story, and couldn't find it)
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleCove For This Useful Post:
slapped (03-02-2013)
Old 02-28-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
4.00 would be the activation fee. A 25.00 gift card is 28.95. So even though you're paying 28.95, you get 25 of it on your card as credit to use however you like.

I use 1.95 of it to verify my paypal account. Then I ship my first package. If I have additional items to ship with that account, I alway's ship 1 item at a time, wait the 10 minutes to get the refund before shipping the next item.
Usually, I have about 20.00 left over after creating a stealth account and having shipped an item, and I drain the cards at a gas station.

Sorry for getting off topic GB, I just thought I would clear that up. Making a stealth account does not cost very much money, it's a very small expense that I have factored into my sales budget.
That's my method.

Walgreens has Visa cards for $4.95 + whatever amount you want to add. I normally add $25.00

Verify, then gas station money.
Old 03-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
You are right, pay some more money and get more quality...makes sense...i was just saying thanks for at least learning that a vcc can cost as low as $4, so when i compare 20 to 4, i know what the differences are..
I try to avoid the $4 ones which expire quickly - rather have a loaded one that works for some time
Old 03-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCove View Post
Sandy, just curious...with that many accounts, what method are you using for changing your IP? (I did a search, looking for the Sandy story, and couldn't find it)
I f you have a Dongle and connect to the internet Via a 3g or 4g Service, every time that you connect to the internet you get a new ip address, now i know that their is a possibliity that at some point that you can get a repeat ip address, but it is rare, especially in big Cities, and if that coincerns you so much the you can simply keep track of all the IP addresses that to use with an account with an Excel spreadsheet.

Because of the advancement in these services coupled with more and more people using phones, Tablets, and other portable devices, ebay is not as quick to link accounts based solely on IP addresses as they used to be, hell they are even promoting mobile apps to manage your Ebay seller account so they are well aware of this.

Last edited by slapped; 03-02-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
That's my method.

Walgreens has Visa cards for $4.95 + whatever amount you want to add. I normally add $25.00

Verify, then gas station money.
these visa cards that you speak of..are they the vanilla visa card in the gold packaging?
Old 03-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Majority have hundreds if not thousands of feedback.

I switch accounts every week to build for the future and not building feedback on accounts is not building for the future.
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
these visa cards that you speak of..are they the vanilla visa card in the gold packaging?
Silver...........
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
ateep22 (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I used to sell "questionable" (f.ke) items for years on eBay and have had accounts suspended almost every week. I have over 100 accounts now and have almost a year ago switched to all legit and unbranded items. Since then, I've never had an account suspended and suddenly find myself with more accounts than I can ever sell on.

Is anyone in the same boat here? Not that I'm complaining that I don't get suspended, but ...
No offense to OP as its not directed towards him or her but its for everyone including the OP ....personally i live and die by "what goes around comes around" and that "Karma" as some call it is the real deal. 'IF' you do business by keeping it real and legitimate..things will usually go well for you. You treat others with the utmost respect and kindness and life always seems to treat you well..but if you cheat or dont try to keep it real with peeps... it always seems to catch up to ya eventually. This is why when ever someone gets over on me..i usually just sit back and think to myself..well at least i know i dont got nothing coming bad my way but this poor fella that just sold me some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merch will have it coming sooner or later... may it be by the Good Lord above or by just plain old Karma...what ever it is, it's going to come back and bite those in the arse eventually.

I do not have much respect for those selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, cheating people or just straight up ripping people off. I've been around enough people with no morals and substandard respect for others that i've seen them get over on people..and just about everyone of these people...in due time, may not always be right away..some times even takes years but just about all of them are on skid row, locked up, dead or their life is a living hell or simply they are very unhappy people.

It just goes to show that respecting others and treating others like how you would want to be treated is the only way to able to live a happy life to the end. Ripping people off to make a quick buck is only temporarily...sooner or later you will have to pay the piper. Believe That!

And this is in no way meant for the OP directly but for ANYONE including the OP that who ever participates on some shady BS at ebay or in any other way....you will reap what you sow.

Galatians 6:7 Don't be misled--you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.

Last edited by Moegames; 03-02-2013 at 06:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moegames For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (03-02-2013)
Old 03-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Very nice phrase by Sandy_D for folx who want to operate well:

For instance, I take a new account and list 10 items. Get 5 feedback usually from buyers. Wait until next month and sell 10 more items, get 5 more feedback. Repeat over and over and in 90 days I get some nice selling limits raised.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-03-2013)