No Returns/Exchanges yet ebay disagrees - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: No Returns/Exchanges yet ebay disagrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
WTFudge have you been for the past year?

Numerous posts around where ebay has sided with buyers DESPITE sellers saying no returns.

Not new. Other sellers have had their faces kicked by ebay ( Because of buyers) and been penalised with rulings against them.
There are posts here saying do not expect ebay to pay any attention to your refund policy...
It has been longer than that. But at least before when I put no returns/exchanges on eBay. That is actually the info they gave the buyer.

Now, you put that in and they give this B.S. Seller did not specify a return policy. I know eBay caters to the buyer. I have been around eBay for almost 10 years now. But then to have eBay demand you specify a return policy then if you give them the one they don't like the switch it up on you.

I understand the buyer who don't care and is going to complain and press the issue anyways. I don't need eBay screwing me over by not showing the potential buyers my real return policy and creating confusion. That is my issue.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
I am shocked that so many of you say no returns. Everyone knows buyers effectively have a 45 day guarentee with anything they buy.

In the uk atleast you have the distance selling regulations where anything can be returned for any reason in x amount of days.

Iit can be annoying excepting returns when you get excuses, but you have to consider the cost of returns when pricing your items. Atleast, thats what I consider good ractice.
I sell closeout as is items. Would have to raise prices 20-30% to cover this nonsense. What I hate is buyers want to buy my item knowing I say sold as is and sale is final. They they decide they don't want it or whatever and want to change the rules to what most other sellers offer. I always tell them. Then why didn't you buy from them? They always say you where cheaper. Then I say no **** it is because of the business model I have and clearly told you when you purchased.
Old 03-24-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I understand that completely, I also feel that whatever you stipulate as your return policy should stand no matter what.

If buyers don't like it, they don't have to buy from you. It should be that simple.

However, we all know thats not the case, its ebays game so we must follow their rules.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-24-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Back to my Original Post. This is why I am so upset. Is you choose in when you list your item in eBay's return policy setting. No Return/No Exchanges.

Then when the item posts the go around and ignore in and have your return policy say it was not listed by the seller. That is complete crap.

I know eBay does not like the No Return Policy. But don't pull this bait and switch nonsense. If you want to force people to accept returns etc. Then grow some balls and come clean to your sellers and admit to it.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-24-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2014

Longevity: 58%

Well said. You should always offer returns but even if you don't ebay offers them in your behalf.
Old 03-24-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Back to my Original Post. This is why I am so upset. Is you choose in when you list your item in eBay's return policy setting. No Return/No Exchanges.

Then when the item posts the go around and ignore in and have your return policy say it was not listed by the seller. That is complete crap.

I know eBay does not like the No Return Policy. But don't pull this bait and switch nonsense. If you want to force people to accept returns etc. Then grow some balls and come clean to your sellers and admit to it.
That's what I was trying to say. If they are going to overrule the sellers return policy why not just openly create a universal return policy. Why give sellers the illusion they have control over that aspect of their business when in reality they don't.
Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceox1962 View Post
Well said. You should always offer returns but even if you don't ebay offers them in your behalf.
Buyers always like to see this - true, it's just annoying that the no return policy has no effect.
Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglouis999 View Post
I have an open returns policy whereby any item may be returned for any reason so long as:-

#1 item is in same condition as sent

#2 buyer notifies me by email or internal message within 7 business days.

#3 buyer uses tracked shipping

However return shipping is down to the buyer and I dont refund original shipping unless the reason for return is DIRECTLY due to my error - such as I substantially mid-described or sent a wrong item.

As most of my business is international I get very few returns. My buyers (mostly in USA) get a nasty shock when they get to the post office and find out how much it will cost them for return tracked shipping. So I hear no more about it.

In fact the only returns Ive had was when the buyer changed their mind while the package was still in transit or it came too late for their special event. In that case I tell them to refuse delivery so they dont have to pay for its return.

However I dont refund until I get the item back.

So offering an open return policy can, in fact, mean that you do get very few returns,

I do the same thing in the USA (except that I have a 30 day return policy). I have very few returns, less than 1%. Of course, this also depends on what you are selling - some items will generate more returns than others.
Old 03-25-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
I am going with a No Return/No Exchanges of course unless there is some kind of defect or issue on my end.
Not only buyers can request a return of the item for 'item not as described', but according to the new policy this will count towards the 'defect rate', taking effect in 20 August this year.

So, now eBay is trying to say that, it's the seller's fault that the buyer did not read/understand the description.
Old 03-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
I am shocked that so many of you say no returns. Everyone knows buyers effectively have a 45 day guarentee with anything they buy.
Longer if they want to call in to PP/eb :(
Old 03-25-2014

Longevity: 59%

Yea, I second that....this is NOT new news....I always laugh to myself when i see a seller

that states no returns...I wonder, do they believe in the easter bunny too? I agree, it's ridiculous for ebay to even give you the option, since they rule with an iron fist. However, I do

believe that SOME buyers might be worried about bidding on a "no returns item"...so you might as well tell 'em you accept returns, so you might pick up some sales from the "nervous nellies".
Old 03-25-2014

Longevity: 62%

I have buyers opening cases as 'item not as described' when the item is exactly as described just to return the item. I add multiple photos of the item and have accurate measurements listed.

#1 scenario: purchased a jacket and states it's the incorrect size and the measurements are wrong. Ebay tells her to return the item for a full refund. Item comes back damaged. Is there anything I can do? Ebay can only do 3 things for me. Credit FVF, remove the strike on my account for lost case and report her.

#2 scenario: Buyer claims purchased bag is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ when it's not and that the company doesn't sell the size purchased. She though the bag was going to be bigger however measurements are listed. Buyer fails to read and now the item is on the way back to me for a full refund.

How is it that buyers neglect to read descriptions properly and they get to return the item? I'm out of pocket both times now for shipping and it's not cheap sending overseas. Really unhappy with this.
Old 03-26-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinxx View Post
I have buyers opening cases as 'item not as described' when the item is exactly as described just to return the item. I add multiple photos of the item and have accurate measurements listed.

#1 scenario: purchased a jacket and states it's the incorrect size and the measurements are wrong. Ebay tells her to return the item for a full refund. Item comes back damaged. Is there anything I can do? Ebay can only do 3 things for me. Credit FVF, remove the strike on my account for lost case and report her.

#2 scenario: Buyer claims purchased bag is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ when it's not and that the company doesn't sell the size purchased. She though the bag was going to be bigger however measurements are listed. Buyer fails to read and now the item is on the way back to me for a full refund.

How is it that buyers neglect to read descriptions properly and they get to return the item? I'm out of pocket both times now for shipping and it's not cheap sending overseas. Really unhappy with this.
That's going to be the last thing to worry about when the new policy applies from August. All returns of item not as described will be counted as defect. And you can get suspended for having a high defect rate.
Old 03-26-2014

Quote:
The items that I normally have No Return/Exchange policy are clothing items.

Most my problems come from people who don't read. Then they try to say the sizing was wrong and blame me. So I started including measurements on every item. Lots of pics and always say please compare to something you own before purchasing. That has mostly rid that problem. But you still get those few buyers that try to push it. Having eBay change that from not saying No Returns/Exchanges is not good. I would rather lose out on sales than deal with people who buy items knowing they are likely to return them.

I don't do returns/exchanges on clothing because half the time they come back with the tags missing. Factory bags missing. I have gotten a few back that smell like Cigarettes a couple like Marijuana. So a few years ago I decided that is it. I am going with a No Return/No Exchanges of course unless there is some kind of defect or issue on my end.
How can you not accept returns when it's the buyers fault for not reading the description? They end up opening a 'not as described' case when the item is exactly as described so that they can return the item for a full refund. I'm so sick of this.
Old 03-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakolio View Post
That's going to be the last thing to worry about when the new policy applies from August. All returns of item not as described will be counted as defect. And you can get suspended for having a high defect rate.
Listing are accurately described. Measurements are accurate with loads of photos of the item. I don't know what else to do to accurately describe items when the buyer fails to read measurements. It's so damn hard to sell on EB these days.